Author Topic: Drop down Bayrunner mod.  (Read 327 times)

Offline Fishin fan

• IceShanty Rookie
Drop down Bayrunner mod.
« on: Jan 21, 2024, 11:54 AM »
So towing my Bayrunner by hand in the snow is a struggle. A smitty isn’t the answer for this shack as it would eliminate the ease of use and quick setup. After a few searches I found some people using coffee table hinges for drop down sleds. So ordered off Amazon and got thrift store skis and some hardware. A bit of time in the garage and this is it. Way easier to tow and still super quick for setup and fits under the tonneau cover. I’m going to reinforce it a bit more to stiffen it up more. Just no sharp turns!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Drop down Bayrunner mod.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2024, 12:36 PM »
I like the mod premise  ...but usually the Smitty sled shines with weight to the rear ... allowing the ski tip to be pulled up while in motion . How does it preform ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Fishin fan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Drop down Bayrunner mod.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2024, 12:48 PM »
Ski placement had to be that way so it fits in the bed of the truck. Still pulls like a dream as all the weight is over the centre of the skis. Also the rope is attached to the sled and not the ski tips as that would put torsion on the hinges. So far so good.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.