Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1620635 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13140 on: Aug 14, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Less will be in town by tonight for a short day. Until then we will still have dew points near 70 for today.

I am getting ready for my walk. Not a lot on the planner today, I am going to give a neighbor a hand with something a little later. He never said what it was so looking forward to that.

IW no competitions for me Lol I personally have never gotten into organized events.

Tomorrow I am heading to the shack early to dump bait, it's time to step it up some. I am not going to collect cards , just dole out 50# of sugar cookies.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13141 on: Aug 14, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sounds about right for a government operation  :cookoo: :whistle:  left hand......meet right hand  :roflmao: 

IW......that 50% chance seems to be the go to forecast, guess "they" figure that covers their backsides no matter what actually happens  ::)  makes planning anything outside pretty difficult  >:(

WS.....that's a LOT of cookies  :o  hope the neighbor's job isn't too crazy  :flex: :blink:

H2L.....I've heard Wegman's stores are pretty amazing, think there's some in Syracuse, might be a good rainy day trip for you and MrsH2L  ;)2

MrC....hope your breathing issues are improving despite the return of the humid weather lately  :-\

Steady rain falling now. looks to hang around all day, dewpoints in the 70s again, what a strange summer it's been  :wacko:  will wait till morning to see if fishing will be a go tomorrow  :unsure:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13142 on: Aug 14, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning,

Jeff, for camping, no hunting on the plate.  Just a hang out spot to spend a couple nights.

Early start today, a little cooler with a 71 on tap

would think the Camping world sales, at least in store end of things would be winding down soon.  Guess the RV part goes all year.

take care all.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13143 on: Aug 14, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Up early this morning for our podiatrist appointments. I had a long post typed Sunday but due to operator error I lost it.

I never made the annual Assn meeting Saturday due to a birth day party for a grandson. It is probably a good thing I did not make the meeting as I probably would have gotten thrown out when I started asking some pointed questions. We have not found out how it turned out, until just now. The only decent member of the board just scanned his copy of the minutes and sent it to the wife. The wife just read me the minutes from the meeting. It looks like no one questioned the boards decisions on things other than one person did question the rental of lake front cottages. People are afraid to question the board on what they are doing.

WS We have a lot of the smoke from the California wild fires here. It is making it hazy. The sunsets are muted. One time there was a fire in the UP that you could actually smell the smoke in the air at times half way down the lower. That fire was burning in the peat moss in the ground so it had to burn it self out. The fall rains and winter snows finally put it out.

IW It looks like the party was a sucess. Even though it did not rain the shade from the canopy was probably welcome. It is great that you were able to suprise your brother with one of your mothers recipies. I have a lot of my mothers recipies. My brother said no one could make her liver dumplings like she did. I made them one time for him. He found out I could make them just like mom did.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13144 on: Aug 14, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, sunny at the moment but their talking more rain. Sump pump is working non stop. Waiting to hear about the dispatch position. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13145 on: Aug 14, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Good evening , had one thunder storm come through this afternoon and raining once again things are forecast to dry out and heat up next two days before more rain on Friday. Only wish parts of California were getting the recent rains to help with the wild fires.
Eddie any easy remedies to problem with footings . Hope you can get the videos to work so your grand daughter can enjoy watching them.
Ice Wanderer sorry your brother could not get a direct flight out of Albany and you had to come down my way once more for his return home.
Whopper Stopper you must have agreement with local bakery that is a lot of sugar cookies .Hope the job at neighbor's went problem free.
Wallyworld feel about the same with breathing  be nice to see some less humid days. May you get a fishing trip in this week.
IFF good luck finding a camping spot . Is Campers world/Gander Outdoors carrying firearms otherwise agree there will be a drop in store sales as weather cools down in the Fall.
Tom Turkey hope doctors appointments went smoothly.
Icefisher-45 may you hear about dispatchers job by weeks end.

Have a good evening .
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #13146 on: Aug 15, 2018, 03:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D.     
   The rain has moved on but left the humidity behind....65* this am, high of 84. Humidity at 97% and dew points 68 on my weather app...looks like a muggy day coming.

Steve...they ended up lagging over sized angle irons to the footing where the columns are located. They will work fine, but it's just rediculous that was necessary. It cost us another days work of production to boot....so it goes.
  I-45...hope you get that call soon Sir, best of luck!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad you at least have a friend giving you reliable info on that board meeting.... :thumbsup:
  Wally...good luck with the fishing today if heading out!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the neighbors job wasn't too bad yesterday. Good luck with the new bait!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...the blueprints we have show and state to match existing columns, they are 20"X 20"...new ones are 32"X32" ....what's a foot both directions going to matter?   :roflmao: :cookoo:

Chatted with one of the architect's yesterday when they swung by to see the job...couldn't help myself. Didn't get out of line by any means, but just wanted to get a straight answer on another discovery their prints don't show. The print states we need to match existing brick work we will be tying into with new wall.
  Well, that's fine and dandy...but the existing brick work is out of plumb over an inch in the first 4' of the wall, and then it bumps out about an inch midway up, and then it goes slack about an inch at the top 4'....lol. He kind of looked like this... :unsure:  Those beautiful prints show a nice straight line though, Doh!  Another can of worms opened.. ;D
  See what happens today...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13147 on: Aug 15, 2018, 04:48 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 63* and sticky here on my hill, another humid day is the forecast. ::)
                           Eddie........These columns that you are building, are they support columns or free standing columns in a wall? ???
                           Steve........Have you heard anything from the Dr. on your breathing problem, if I do anything outside too strenuous in this humidity
                   I get out of breath a little. :o
                           Bud..........I;m sure you'll find a nice spot to camp. :whistle:
                           Marv.........How did it work out with the neighbor, was it something out of the ordinary. :blink:
                           Tom.........I hate how these association leaders think they can run things like a dictator, sometimes it takes one person to stand up
                   to them and then others will follow. :woot:
                           Wally ......I hope you will be able to get out on the water soon! :thumbsup:
                           I hope everyone has a good Hump Day, Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13148 on: Aug 15, 2018, 05:24 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Finally Les Humid stopped by for a 2 day visit  (I will take it) it will be a refreshing day :clap:

No big deal at the neighbors yesterday. He just needed a hand getting an old hot water heater loaded, it took about 10 minutes. I like favors like that, I was expecting something else.

I am taking a ride to the shack right after my walk this morning. I am going to stop at a sport shop up there and buy my bear tag and deer licenses. No breaks for land owner non residents, $160 for deer and $250 for bear. I also get a second doe bonus tag for $20.

The cookies came from the bear bait store, the box cost $12 so I bought 3. The wife and I are heading to my brothers in Wisconsin Thursday night and then on our return trip Sunday we will swing by and replenish the cookies and collect camera cards.

Time to lace up my walking shoes. Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13149 on: Aug 15, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it’s going to be a nice day with no rain. Spent the night in the er for a headache that wouldn’t go away. Er managed to break the cycle. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13150 on: Aug 15, 2018, 07:29 AM »
Still no drop in humidity. OH well fall is coming sooner than later I hope. Last day of therapy today. Been a long 6 weeks. I am going to take it easier on my body today so I do not have to rest up tomorrow.

IW   The wife got a nasty email from the secretary of the Assn last night. The neighbor out our back door came over about getting a sticker for his new pontoon so she turned him over to the secretary. The secretary could not find him on the member ship list that is kept by a management company now. We did not have that problem when the wife was handling the list. The wife got nasty right back to the secretary as she turned over the guy to the management company last fall. Finally the wife is handing it right back at her.

The good guy on the board said there was a lot of discussion after the meeting about the lake front short time renters being able to use the lake. At the end of the meeting a member brought this issue up, as no one knew this was happening. They would have really been ticked  off if I had been there and told about 4 of one of the board members renters taking hundreds of fish out of the lake last winter in 4 days. An off lake renter has no lake rights. This was one of many things I would have brought up at the meeting had I gone.

Eddie Isn't it fun having to deal with architects and engineers. So many have no idea about having to deal with what they design in the real world of doing it. I was building a well house with a 4 inch capped flowing well inside of it. The engineer had the concrete poured on a slope so if there was a leak it could run out under the door. In stead of building it plumb, I built it square with the concrete so I did not have to cut the bottom of  all of the t-111 siding which does not cut that clean. The painter thought the building looked out of plumb so got out his level to prove to himself that he was seeing right. He laughed when I told him why. The engineer showed up when I had the roof framed up which was way over built buy the plans. I had told my boss that it was not necessary but told me that is what the plans said so built it. The engineer told me that if I ever saw a screw up like that again just come to him to get it right. Trussed I built with 2x6 bottom cord and 2/6 rafters 16 inches on center on a 10 foot span. The heath department came to test the well and were going to just loosen the cap to catch some water to test. The test would have showed a lot of pipe dope in it. DUH

MR C Our podiatrist appointents are never a problem as we finally found one that does not butcher our feet. It only took a few minutes to get mine done. The wife  has had a callous problem. He told her to get rid of here shoes as she had lost weight in her feet from her gastic surgery allowing them to slide around causing the callous. After getting the work done on my feet it is like walking on Cloud 9.

WS Out of staters get stiffed pretty bad here as well for all licneces. There was talk about cutting the cost for deer licences for them since the CWD out break. I saw no mention of that in what the DNR just put out concerning CWD. Luckly my property is not included in the CWD zones YET.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13151 on: Aug 15, 2018, 07:11 PM »
Evening all,

Hit the lake this morning ready to catch some fish. Alas that wasn't in the cards today :'(  the kicker motor fired right up on the second pull, ran for a few seconds then quit  :-\   no matter what MrWW tried it refused to start  :%$#!:  thought we could drift with the wind which was forecast to be 15mph, of course today was the day the weatherman OVER estimated wind speed  ::)  so we packed it in, went to camp, mowed the lawn, came home and mowed here. Not sure exactly where we stand with the motor right now. We'll see what tomorrow brings  :blink:

Hope everyone had a good day. Enjoy the rest of the evening. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13152 on: Aug 15, 2018, 07:59 PM »
ww We had a good motorcycle accident yesterday. A prisoner escaped the guards at a local hospital. He stole a motorcycle out of a shed. Not a mile down the road he hit a truck. Now we will have to pay for fixing up his beat up body from hitting the truck. Better than having him on the run as he had a nasty record for violence.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13153 on: Aug 16, 2018, 03:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 67* on the Hill this am, high of 85 today...calling for 90 down in Albany.

Tom...glad they have that prisoner back in custody anyway...hoping no one else was hurt in the truck or was it parked? 
  Wally...sorry to hear about motor problems messing up the fishing trip, dang! Hope it's an easy fix and you're back on the water soon. On the plus side, at least it happened close to home and not on Erie or Ontario.... :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope you're feeling better today Sir!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...wtg helping out the neighbor, glad it wasn't a piano!   ;D.   Believe it's only $100 for a non resident big game license here in NY, that covers both deer and bear...hard to believe compared to some other states.  Have a safe trip and a great visit with your brother!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...the garden wall is non load bearing wall and the 3 columns are going to be built and tied right into the wall. They won't be seen on one side of the wall now as that has now been changed to just a running bond of brick. I'll snap a few pictures today if I can.

Asked the foreman to come over to the site yesterday so we could get some answers on several issues we now face, lol. The grades are so screwed up, nobody seems to know where the flashing detail should begin...it will have to be step flashed on both sides, but the plans don't show that, lol.
  Asked to drop a plumb bob from the top of the existing wall we will be tying into to our foundation. That finally made believers out of the ones thinking everything would be ok. It fell over an inch beyond our foundation wall, lol.
   Can't wait to see what today brings.....cawfee's on!   ;D

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13154 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Headed off to a big flea market this morning to see if we can find some decent sweet corn that was not picked two days late. I have not had a good ear since my friends shut down their vegie stand after 30 years. I saw a couple of guys sneak into  a field corn with a box to steal some corn the other day. I never have tried field corn.

Eddie I only saw the report on the escapee once on TV. If I remember right he hit a big truck, like a semi or the likes, at an intersection so that driver did not get hurt. Maybe he should get a reward for capturing the fugitive.

That job at the mansion seems like it is a mess. It seems like who ever set it up needs to go find a job at Mickey D's. Maybe a false column can cover up the out of plumb old wall. any one with a good eye should have been able to see the screw ups in the old wall even the end being out of plumb. The place I ran a crew for one time had a bunch of idiots doing the design work. The last big job I did for them the idiot had two different lengths for he same wall in the prints. He also had a door way that went through the existing wall of the mechanical room. That is why I ended up doing all of that company's carpenter work after I quit that bunch of fools.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13155 on: Aug 16, 2018, 05:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 67* here as well and sticky, I can't believe in a couple of weeks it will be Labor Day and the temps should start cooling down. ::)
                              Eddie.......Did you explain to the foreman "You can't polish s@#t" lol  :woot: I know you guys can make it work. :flex:
                              Marv.........Those are some hefty license fees, in Main a non resident deer tag is $120 and to add a bear tag is $40, it use to be all in one.
                     A big game license for the one price. ??? It's all about the money these days.
                              Tom.........It doesn't seem like the new secretary has a clue! :blink:
                              Wally........I use to fish with a friend that used a electric trolling motor instead of a gas one, of course you have to watch that you didn't
                     run the battery down. He had a two battery set up and had the switch to use only one when trolling. :thumbsup:
                              I-45.........Dang! that had to be quite a headache, I'm glad your feeling better. :clap: 
                              My wife's daughter and granddaughter arrived for yesterday for a visit, Oh Boy! :blink: They will be here till Sunday. They are talking
                     about doing this and that, things I really don't have an interest in doing, I need to find a way out! ::)
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13156 on: Aug 16, 2018, 07:08 AM »
Morning all,

WS....when does bear season open  ???  safe travels this weekend, enjoy your visit with your brother  ;D

IW.....sounds like you need to find a "must get done right now" project to get out of joining MrsIW & daughter/granddaughter on their excursions  :woot:

Eddie....every day's an adventure at the job site huh  ::)  bet the suggestion box is full to the brim  :roflmao:  you are so right about the breakdown being close to home  :whistle:

IF45.....hope the headache has stayed away   ;)

Fingers crossed MrWW can figure the motor out today, otherwise it heads to a repair shop  :(

Another day of sticky humid weather with dewpoints in the 70s  ::)   more rain on the way starting tonight  :wacko: good news is the seed around the polebarn has already started to grow  ;)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13157 on: Aug 16, 2018, 10:31 AM »
Good morning everyone, looks like it’s going to be a hot and humid day. Tom Turkey do you have any farm stands near you? We’ve been lucky getting good corn and tomatoes from a local stand. Headache is still better. Thank you. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines and stay hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13158 on: Aug 16, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Good late morning everyone :bow:

Just got done loading the old Buick and will be taking off in a couple of hours. Thanks for the well wishes it's always a good time meeting up with my brother.

WW Bear season opens Sept 5 and runs through the first week in October. Glad to hear the seed is sprouting :thumbsup:

There are two other bear bait stores along the way so we will probably stop in and see what kind of goodies are available. My brother had brought back some pure Mexican vanilla extract this past spring, and donated it to the bear hunt. I mixed it with a little oil and blasted the under brush with it. I thought the banana  extract smelled good, this stuff is like x10 of that . It should have everything coming out of the brush to check things out.

Besides having your own place to hunt, the only bonus WI offers land owners is that you can trap coyote, fox,coon,squirrels and rabbits year around if you would like, at no charge. I didn't realize the hoops you would have to jump through to trap a fisher like the one I have on the  videos, they make that almost worse than getting a bear tag.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week. I hope by Sunday night I will have some more bear porn to share.

Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13159 on: Aug 16, 2018, 04:53 PM »
It was a warm one out on the lake today. Not much of a breeze and when it did come up it was in a new direction. Was able to catch 14 walleyes and one rock bass. 7 or 8 were keepers but didn't keep any.

WW, hope the kicker issue isn't anything major and you can get back on the water soon.

Have a good evening...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13160 on: Aug 17, 2018, 03:27 AM »
Good Friday Morning Everyone,,
  A muggy 70* this am, high of 80 today with rain and thunderstorms expected by late morning.

H2...another very good day with the walleyes, nice job!   :clap:    How is the lake level now and water temp?
  Marv...hope you had a safe trip, looking forward to the bear porn!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...glad you're feeling better, hope that phone rings soon bringing good news!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...my crew missed the readings out of the suggestion box on Wednesday, but understand a certain few of the suggestions were well teceived by the men but not taken very well by the foreman....something to do with the Mansion job. Wonder who put them in there?   :roflmao:  Any word on that kicker motor?
  Jeff...we've got things moving along pretty good now, most of the bugs worked out for the time being anyway, lol. Best of luck figuring a way out of some of those plans...the wood pile maybe?  ;D
  Tom...I jokingly mentioned to the one architect that their computer must have screwed up printing the plans. She asked why....I said because it shows perfect straight lines and then pointed at the existing wall after we pulled a tight plumb line. She did smile anyway... ;D.  Sweet corn at a small farm stand locally yesterday $6.00 a dozen.

I heard it mentioned on the news that some Governor made a comment saying " America was never that great ". Hmmm...wonder if he was referring to a garden wall project and it just got taken of context?    :woot:
  It's been a long week, looking forward to the end of this day....cawfee's on and theres zucchini bread under the dome, help yourself!    ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13161 on: Aug 17, 2018, 03:44 AM »

Good Friday morning ER's,
                               It's 65* and sticky again here on my hill, rain in the forecast again 100% chance. Lets see! ::)
                               Marv.......I'm sure you'll have some good bear porn for us to watch. :clap:
                               Wally.......Mr. WW has had good weather for seed germination, I bet it looks good. :thumbsup:
                               H2L........You are on fire out there, you must have them corralled in one spot! :flex:
                               I-45........I'm glad to hear the headache is still at bay, did they ever say what caused it? ???
                               Not much going on today except we are watching the two grand kids we watch on Tuesdays.
                               I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing or what ever!
                               I see Eddie posted while I was typing, Good morning Eddie. I don't think that was our Governor that said that, he's not campaigning
                 for the 2020 election or is he, he sure is putting a lot of adds on TV lately! ::)

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13162 on: Aug 17, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Another hot an humid day ahead. It just made it in to the 60's last night. Slight chance of rain here through Sunday. As usual all the rain is coming down in the far southern part of the state. We need it up here big time.

Eddie We bought a bushel of corn yesterday at the flea market. $3.00 a dozen for the 5 dozen. We bought it from the same woman I bought from last year. 13 ears to the dozen. Hand picked the night before. We have a bunch of stands all over that is called Carr's Corn. I stopped at one years ago and they wanted over $6.00. When I told them I would not pay that as I paid only $3.00 for hand picked corn that was picked that morning. Their corn is machine harvested as some point but how long ago is not known. I got soaked before I got the bushel blanched in my turkey fryer kettle from a small storm coming in from the  east. Not much to it but enough to get me soaked.

The woman I bought from is an old school farm wife. She does it all with the help of her grandson. He was not there yesterday as he said he wanted some mom time before school started. She pays him for his help by buying all of his school clothes and supplies.

IW I think that it was the NY governor that made that statement. Enjoy your time with the grand kids. They grow up fast.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13163 on: Aug 17, 2018, 08:10 AM »
65 and a few rain drops this morning.
Eddie, the water temp was 78 and the lake is dropping about 2/3 inches a day. All the rain has stayed south of us.
IW, I don't know if I am on "fire". It seems I have to work a lot harder for them this year. As the water temps drop it should get better. They haven't bunched up as in past years. One spot yesterday had fish on it, but after catching 3 shorts I moved.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13164 on: Aug 18, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looks like its going to be a wet day here, light rain falling and 70*, high of 75.

Jeff...hope your day went well with the grandchildren!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...wish we could share some of this rain we've been getting here, especially on the weekends!  ;D. Do you freeze the whole ears or just kernels...hoping to find a good buy on sweet corn and put some up for winter.
  H2...water levels are dropping pretty fast, hope this rain we're getting makes it your way.  :thumbsup:

We got rained out yesterday morning about 10am, it came a little earlier than expected. Spent a few hours at the shop making a bunch of saw cuts we need, called it a day at noon.
  Searching through my freezer when I got home, found I hidden one bag of perch fillets from this past ice season and a six pack of venison sausage patties...made for a nice lunch anyway! 
  Not much on the agenda this am, might take the grandchildren to the fair this afternoon if the weather permits.
  Cawfee's on....

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13165 on: Aug 18, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Morning all,

The kicker went to the motor doctor yesterday  :'(   sure hope it's a quick, inexpensive fix  :-\

Can't wait for Les Humid to make a stop here in NY  ;D  this day after day of 100% humidity is getting pretty old  ::)

Eddie.....hope the day clears up & you get a chance to hit the fair later  :thumbsup:

IW.....any sightseeing/shopping on the agenda today  :woot:

H2L....congrats on another great day of fishing  :bow:  hope you get some rain soon  ;)

TT.....too bad the escaped con didn't hit that truck a little harder  :whistle:  corn prices are the same here $6 at big veggie markets, $3 on the farm  :blink:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13166 on: Aug 18, 2018, 06:11 AM »
70 this morning light fog and the air you could cut with a knife.
WW, sure do hope the motor is a quick repair.
We got about two hours of heavy rain last night. I am sure the ground sucked up most of it. I went up to my brothers just before it rained and there were turkeys everywhere. Lots of young ones this year.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13167 on: Aug 18, 2018, 06:49 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                           It's 69* and the humidity is 99% a real sticky morning here on my hill. ::)
                           Eddie........I hope the weather clears up enough to take the kids to the fair. :thumbsup:
                           Wally........May the motor fix be quick and not expensive. :blink:
                           Tom..........The corn prices here are the same as Eddie's, and Wally's, I think that they will not drop, just like everything else. :whistle:
                           H2L..........I've seen lots of turkeys as well up here, that's a good sign! :flex:
                           There was a change in plans yesterday, the grand kids didn't come after all and our dishwasher died. So off to Lowes and I bought a new
                  one, it was a pretty good deal. I don't know how these engineers think, the electrical box is up under the bottom of the door. The directions doesn't
                  say to take the door off but there is a part in the directions that tells you how to. I tried taking it off but it wouldn't do what it was suppose to. So
                  laid on the floor and worked with almost one hand and got it wired in. I paid the price, I am feeling it this morning. :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
                            I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13168 on: Aug 18, 2018, 07:56 AM »
I managed to get part of the lawn mowed before another little bit of rain moved in from the east. We are not getting enough rain to do any good just get the grass wet.

IW Aren't engineers great. They can design things so they are almost impossible to work with. I hired our appliance repair man to put our new dish washer in after I looked at what it took to install it. The springs on the door need to be tightend up but I would have to pull it out to do it. We will live with it they way it is.

I bought my corn at a big Flea Market not from her farm. She does sell at the end of her road picking multiple times a day. There was some one selling Carrs Corn also at the flea market It did not look like they had many suckers buying from them.

Eddie On the last job I did whiile working for the big out fit there was some brick to be laid. The company told me that one guy was going to lay it. I told them no as the job owner and I had some one local to do the work. It was the mason I mentioned in another post. The guy that they wanted to do the work had done some work for a dentist friend. One of his girls asked the dentist what was on a nitrous mask. It was mortar!!! They had been screwing with the nitrous. Luckily he was done with the job when they found out or I probably would have had to try an finish the job.

Not seeing many turkeys around my place. In a lot of places in Michigan turkey numbers have been falling the last few years.

Headd  over to my old freinds 100th birthday party today. Looking forward to seeing a lot of other old friends as well.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13169 on: Aug 18, 2018, 08:11 AM »
Good morning, looks like a good portion of NY. is stuck in the high humidity possible thunder storms every day weather pattern. Extended forecast for my area calling for more rain and humidity this coming week.
Icefisher-45 sorry to read about your ER trip due to head ache any report yet from doctor on what caused the head ache. Also hope you get a phone call about the dispatcher's job.
Tom Turkey good to read you found sweet corn and have a good podiatrist . Ditto others comments about sending you some of rain really wish we could send it to California to help with the wild fires.
Hunts2long Happy to hear your catching fish always nice to get some action especially when out in the high heat and humidity.
Wallyworld ditto others words about your boat's kicker motor. Glad grass is sprouting around the pole barn  I thought all the rain would have washed away some of the soil and seed.  Any plans to visit the state fair saw an add for it on TV yesterday.
IFF are you still traveling all over Colorado for Campers World/Gander Outdoors or finally starting to work at your home store. Hope all is well with you and the family.
Eddie may you and the grandchildren get to spend some time at the fair. I think work at Governor's mansion will test the knowledge/skills of your crew and you.
Ice Wanderer have you found ways to keep busy during step daughter/step grand daughter visit. Thinking a day at Lake George outlets is probably on ladies agenda especially if there is limited shopping for clothes where your step daughter lives grand daughter has to have some new outfits for coming school year. ::) :whistle: Hope your not in to much pain after installing new dish washer.
Whopper Stopper have a great visit with your brother. Think every state soaks non-residents on license fees. Last time I was out visiting with relatives in Wyoming non-resident 3 day fishing license was twenty dollars. A question for you are the places you call bear bait shops sporting goods stores that also sell items for bait stations or specialty stores selling items used for bear baiting.
Good morning Mr.Turkey have a great time at the birthday party. Please give my congratulations and best wishes to your friend.

A good and safe Saturday to all ,remember to keep hydrated if out in heat and humidity. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.