The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Walleye  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Slayin4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
Canyon Ferry Walleye
« on: Mar 10, 2015, 01:34 PM »
looking to get into some walleye on CF...does it fish like most other walleye lakes? rocky points and bays? jiggin vs. trolling? any input would be much appreciated
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll buy Pete's Tackle!

Offline Houdy66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Calm and Fish On!!!
Re: Canyon Ferry Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Good luck haha most guys will give up their SSN before giving up walleye info on Canyon Ferry. To answer your question, yes and no. Depending on time of year, time of day, water temperature, and barometric pressure, you can catch walleyes almost anywhere on Canyon Ferry. Pitching jigs on rocky points and in bays can be very productive some days, while trolling along contour breaks and weed lines can be productive other days. I always keep a few rods rigged with different things so I can change tactics quickly depending on how the day starts off. I know this was very broad and general, but hopefully it helped.
To jig or not to jig... That is the question.

Offline Slayin4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:22 PM »
i appreciate your help...ive fished walleye on hauser and lake helena, so i have a pretty good idea on how to fish for them. just wanted to solidify that i had the right idea when i head to cf. thanks again
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll buy Pete's Tackle!

Offline Houdy66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Calm and Fish On!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2015, 12:03 AM »
No problem. I'm always glad to help out another angler, as long as I don't give out my secrets haha. Good luck out there this year!
To jig or not to jig... That is the question.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.