New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy Pond ice fishing?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
Re: Sandy Pond ice fishing?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2006, 08:52 AM »
Hey esox slayer, sorry to pull you off your couch, but I wanted some up dated information not information that happened a month ago. Next time I'll Let you know before I start a new thread.
I'd just like to say that I appreciate the people who offer good reports on this board.  I'll admit that I haven't had much to contribute in that department.  I have simply had a crappy year of fishing, and don't feel like announcing to the world when I get home empty-handed.  I'm happy for any info I get here, but I think its kind of harsh to blast people for not supplying reoprts to your liking.
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Offline martinez1321

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Mario
« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2006, 09:00 AM »
you tell them bud, its common curtisy from everyone to post, no one has to there arent obligations, and there is probibly some little rat that just feeds off of everyone else's information and never posts. people just need to chill and understand that maybe other people got a life, and dont spend thier day either on this website with thousands and thousands of posts or on the water all day. sorry im a little frustrated that esox had to blow up on this guy for asking the same question twice. esox pick up your meat curtains that are dragging to ground give um a good scrub  and take a freakin chill pill.

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Back to the main topic.  I hope to fish Greene Point tomorrow.  If so, I'll let you guys know how it was.

Offline IceRacer_63

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the pike are not hitting..break out the bikes!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 07, 2006, 04:18 PM »
I appreciate a good report on this site not for my own personal gain but for the 2 kids I   bring with me.(My son and my nephew)
 The worst thing for a young boy to go through is to get skunked while ice fishing when the wind chill is in the single digits.If I can put these guys on fish with a little help from you guys thats great.Anything to keep the boys into fishing.
 Sorry if i pissed anyone off!
        Ice Racer

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 07, 2006, 04:35 PM »
you tell them bud, its common curtisy from everyone to post, no one has to there arent obligations, and there is probibly some little rat that just feeds off of everyone else's information and never posts. people just need to chill and understand that maybe other people got a life, and dont spend thier day either on this website with thousands and thousands of posts or on the water all day. sorry im a little frustrated that esox had to blow up on this guy for asking the same question twice. esox pick up your meat curtains that are dragging to ground give um a good scrub  and take a freakin chill pill.

Better go back to page one of this thread...and read the first 2 posts.....then go to NY general and see how many different threads are currently running about this area....then come back to me and see if I blasted this guy or if it's the way he blasted the 90 or so people who read but didn't respond.......sorry... I don't see any reason to apologize on here...nor chill....Esox
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline kissafish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 07, 2006, 07:00 PM »
went to the pond today 25 nice perch and 2 small eyes

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 08, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Fished Greene Point today.  Landed 7 northerns, lost a couple in the weeds.  Biggest one was about 25".  I was wishing I had bigger bait.  some guys near me were using dead perch.  not many flags, but I did see them land one nice one, probably over 30".

Lots of small bluegills, tough to get a keeper.  Found some respectable sunnies in the afternoon, and a few perch started hitting at the end of the day.  I'm not usually big on panfish, so don't take my word on that.  I'm sure a more skilled jigger could have done well.

Didn't take a precise measurement of the ice, but I'd estimate it was about 10".
I think it's gonna go away fast in the next few days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.