Author Topic: lac memphrémagog  (Read 7815 times)

Offline redbird

• IceShanty Rookie
lac memphrémagog
« on: Dec 28, 2018, 05:47 PM »
Last year was terrible for me ice fishing the Memph, I was out 5 times and caught nothing but a handful of perch. Hoping this year will be better. Haven't been out to scope out the ice conditions yet, but will soon and I'll update the ice report each time I go. Good times and good fishing, happy new year!

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
Re: lac memphrémagog
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Cedarville has 10 inches from what I was told, mainly perch there though. Still some open deep water where the trout and landlocked salmon are, but safe areas near some of the shorelines.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2019, 06:59 PM »
all the fish are on the vermont side.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2019, 07:06 PM »
all the fish are on the vermont side.
::) ;D

Offline redbird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Cedarville has 10 inches from what I was told, mainly perch there though. Still some open deep water where the trout and landlocked salmon are, but safe areas near some of the shorelines.
it's a funny lake for ice, each year is different, one year after 3 months of solid -20 you'll have 3ft and some you'll have 3inches, same spot. Last year it had a lot of slush beds. Gonna check it out on Thursday if anyone wants to join.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2019, 05:50 PM »
7-8 inches of good ice at Bryant's today

Offline redbird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2019, 02:17 PM »
7-8 inches of good ice at Bryant's today
alright cool thanks

Offline redbird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2019, 10:58 AM »
I shall bow my head in shame. Today was terrible, almost hit a giant Turkey, I get to Perkins, not a mm of ice anywhere. So then I bomb down to knowlton's, same deal, though someone was out boat fishing lol. Final destination at Bryant's, never fished there before so I was a bit deterred not seeing anybody and loads of slush, so said fuk that and headed back to Montreal. Epic failure, guess it's back to pike and wormy perch.

Offline Bigunit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2019, 08:01 PM »
Any update about the ice

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2019, 01:32 PM »
I shall bow my head in shame. Today was terrible, almost hit a giant Turkey, I get to Perkins, not a mm of ice anywhere. So then I bomb down to knowlton's, same deal, though someone was out boat fishing lol. Final destination at Bryant's, never fished there before so I was a bit deterred not seeing anybody and loads of slush, so said fuk that and headed back to Montreal. Epic failure, guess it's back to pike and wormy perch.

Perkins supposed to be last to freeze up, I believe it's the deepest part of lake. Bryant's should be thick enough for 4 wheeler after all this cold, but I haven't been there in nearly 2 weeks. May head back, possibly next week or the one after, after I have some guided outings with locals until then. I'd have checked Brome once in Knowlton, may try that one as well, as I've never been yet.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:44 AM »
I imagine most of the lake should be good now. Hit Cedarville to jig for perch with the little ones yesterday before the storm. 24+ inches of solid ice with no snow, was able to run and gun some spot far off shore, as well as fish from the comfort of heated car.

Offline redbird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:01 PM »
Phil or anybody still use this forum ? Hard to find a decent ice report. I gave up on the southern memph fishing last year, didn't even go since falling in. Got a floaters suit now! Just wondering if anyone has any reports. Weather looks decent for the next week.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2023, 06:02 AM »
Should be safe ice near Cedarville from what I'm hearing, but lots of snow and slush. Deep freeze this weekend should fix that.

I didn't fish Memphre much last year, think maybe 2 - 3 hours all season, and don't have any plans to go back this year. Fishing is not what is used to be there. Ditto for Brome and Magog lake.

Maybe 1 day on Wippi over next couple weeks if it ever ends up freezing, seems it was 50% open as of Sunday, and ice cover only 2-5 inches.

Offline redbird

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:05 PM »
Thanks, I think we might actually go see what cedarville is all about this year. We hit up cr peche at the cascades today for the first time, bite was off, got a pike, few perch. Super slushy to start, but my Jetta managed fine. Great owner and staff.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:33 PM »
I haven't been to CR in years. Cedarville yellow perch population shrunk bitime over the years, but a lot more white perch now. They seem to move in schools there, find one, and you should be on them for a while. Guessing in the 25 foot range would be a good place to start.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.