Author Topic: First ICE?  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Heartland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Enjoying The Great Outdoors in America's Heartland
First ICE?
« on: Nov 28, 2004, 07:09 AM »
Anyone care to take a guess when First Ice (meaning SAFE ICE) will occur in our region??  ???

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Re: First ICE?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2004, 09:47 AM »
Unfortunately, (and I'm just guessing here), but the way it's looking probably at least Christmas or after. I keep groaning to my wife we ain't gonna get no ice till January!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Lonzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2004, 08:11 PM »
Iceman don't pick on your wife, just have her cross her fingers and toes with ya ;D  Got my hopes up but I think you may be right

Tight lines if we get there  :o

Lonzo

stinky

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2004, 08:50 PM »
 Usually up on the Fox Chain it's about xmas before we have safe ice. I have seen it earlier but then it goes away and then by the first of the year we start getting ice again. Even when we do have safe ice there may be spots that you can't get to. Please just be safe on forst and all ice  you never know for sure where a soft spot may be.
Bob

fishmanj

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2004, 11:52 AM »
sometime between 12/15-20, in northern illinois.  Maybe that is wishful thinking but I think we may have a chance.  Last year the ice came early didn't it?  I think it only lasted a week or two then went away and came back.

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2004, 01:24 AM »
LOL, Lonzo- I think she wants to cross something else of mine(if you know what I mean!  ::)) every time I mention icefishing now!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline zaraspooker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • on top rocks
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2004, 10:36 AM »
Hey hey the pond in my backyard has ice around the edges this morning but it will be gone as we will have 45 degree weather come friday......

RATSOs.....

stinky

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2004, 04:49 PM »
 Well we started makeing ice but the rain and wind destroyed it. The next cold wave on the way so maybe we can get some befors xmas.
For those that still want some open water the fish are going crazy up on the Fox Chain. One friend caught 3 nice Muskies this past week the largest 46" not bad.
 Plenty of guys still eye fishing so when the ice gets here they will still be hungry.
Bob

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.