Author Topic: Deep Creek Fishing Fun Jan 24/25  (Read 761 times)

Offline jig-jig THUMP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IceFishinFool!
Deep Creek Fishing Fun Jan 24/25
« on: Jan 14, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Hey All,
OldSchool and I are helping to organize some icefishing fun on Deep Creek on Jan 24 and 25. 

Jan 24th will be a Kids' Day on the ice at Arrowhead Cove starting at 9 am. See the separate thread on this for more details.  WE NEED ADULT VOLUNTEERS TO HELP MENTOR THE KIDS.  If you have a knack for jigging, tip-ups, old school methods, ice electronics, etc then please PM either OldSchool or me that you can help.  Even help cooking hotdogs is appreciated. C'mon now, let's show these kids how to have some fishing fun on the ice!  Let's get them away from the video games at home and playing with some real action (elec sonar induced possibly but that's 3-D and comes complete with screaming drags and flopping fish!) on the hardwater.

Jan 25th will be a fun fishing day for all.  We will meet at 6:30 am at Little Sandy's restaurant (jctn 219 and Sand Flat Rd). During breakfast we'll announce where we'll be holding a little fun challenge icefishing "tourney" that morning.  Though a $20 donation will be collected from all entrants, there is to be no payout to the winner.  All donated fees are to be used to sponsor next year's Kids' Ice Day.  The winner of "the fun tourney"will get bragging rights for the year.  Yours truly took honors last year and am humbled to have squared up with some pretty topnotch icer's.  Rumor has it that there may even be a trophy of sorts created for this event to be held by organizers but etched with annual winners names to maintain bragging rights in perpetuity.  Please send me a PM, by Wed 1/21, if you are interested in participating in this fun event.  Little Sandy's is asking me how many will attend. 

Happiness is watching the blip rise to the bait on my Vex!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.