The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: I hope everything is alright  (Read 1718 times)

Offline BomoBrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
I hope everything is alright
« on: Apr 01, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Drove by the south end of Bomoseen at 7:30PM tonight and noticed an auger and a bucket a ways out but no fisherman.  Hoping all is well. The ice is looking old.

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: I hope everything is alright
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:11 AM »
Did you call anyone?

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2018, 05:33 AM »
that is way too odd. any holes out there? should have called fire dept or police

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2018, 09:40 AM »
maybe stepped off the ice to relieve him/herself. maybe got on a sled with some one to check some thing out elsewhere. you could drive by again and see if any thing has changed or have a welfare check with officials.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2018, 11:11 AM »
That would be a very mean April Fool's joke.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2018, 01:49 PM »
I had a funny one years ago when late season ice fishing Shelburne Bay. The perch bite was off so mid morning 2 of us decided to shoot down to Bomo to catch some flat fish. We left my truck in the access lot and spent the day down south. When I got back to the access late in the afternoon there was a note from the state police to call them. I went to a pay phone (pre cell phone era) and called the trooper as directed. He said someone called in and said a shanty went down through the thin ice and of course the only vehicle in the access was mine. They ran the plates and called my house. My 12 year old daughter answered and they said they were the police and that I might have been in a shanty that went down. My daughter said that couldn't be my Dad because he won't fish in a shanty he always fishes outside. Luckily...the call ended and she never said a word to my wife who would have been worried sick all day. I dodged a bullet on a couple fronts that day. ;D
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline BomoBrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Did you call anyone?

On a humorous note, I was pulled over by a state trooper 2 minutes latter for a head light that was out.  I passed the information on to him and he said he would look into.

I was hoping by posting here some one would have been like, yeah that was me and I was just off at the truck.

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2018, 04:15 AM »
Phew..... Thanks for clearing that up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.