Author Topic: 1-23-11 Erie Report (2 man limit)  (Read 4037 times)

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
1-23-11 Erie Report (2 man limit)
« on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Went scouting this afternoon. They turned on for us between 5 and 6 pm. Two of us caught our 6 each. Felt good.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
Re: 1-23-11 Erie Report (2 man limit)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2011, 10:14 PM »
good to hear!  nice fish  also! thanks for the posts

Offline BURNSEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:39 AM »
Hey capt mike, wonder where you fished at? I know some guys are tight lipped, but on lake erie i don't think it would a problem to give a general idea. Also if you don't mind, where did you guys run out of? Appreciate any info.Thanks!

Offline justinb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:51 AM »
nice to see some fish on the ice... nice fsh :)

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Usually dont mind giving general location but i travelled a ways from south bass and was on 3-4 inches of ice in some serious current. don't want anyone to get hurt.

Offline BURNSEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2011, 09:47 AM »
Thanks capt. I can understand that.

Offline Border Jumper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Must be here someplace??
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Nice lookin eyes.

Offline PAPER MOUTH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2011, 04:06 PM »
I was under the impression that the limit was 4 per person from may 1st to the end of February? Thats what the book says anyways..... ??? ???
Bobber Down

Offline BURNSEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011, 04:49 PM »
"6" may 1 thru last day of feb. "4" march 1 thru april 30.

Offline NorthSouthOhioFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Outdoorsman
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Nice fish Mike, I have a crew from indiana headed your way this weekend. They invited me but I can't do it $$ wise,
Youtube-"Fishing and Fun"

I have a beautiful permanent shanty for sale message me for more info!

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:19 PM »
"6" may 1 thru last day of feb. "4" march 1 thru april 30.
don't want to get that backwards! :callcops:

Offline PAPER MOUTH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 AM »
   My Bad the ODNR site must have a misprint then :o

Fishing / Lake Erie and Tributaries

Lake Erie and its Tributaries to the First Dam or Designated Landmark
Lake Erie and its Tributaries

These regulations below apply to the Ohio waters of Lake Erie, its embayments including Maumee Bay, Sandusky Bay, East Harbor, Middle Harbor, and West Harbor, and tributaries to the first dam or designated landmark as follows: Vermillion River-St. Rt. 2 bridge; Black River-St. Rt 611 bridge; Rocky River-Detroit Rd. bridge; Cuyahoga River-Harvard Rd. bridge; Euclid Creek, Chagrin River-St. Rt. 283 bridge; Arcola Creek, Wheeler Creek, Cowles Creek, Indian Creek-U.S. Rt. 20 bridge; Grand River-St. Rt. 535 bridge; Conneaut Creek-Main St. (downtown Conneaut) bridge; Ashtabula River-E. 24th St. bridge. All "statewide" regulations apply to Ohio waters of Lake Erie except for those listed below:
Species    Daily Limit    Minimum Size
Largemouth, Smallmouth & Spotted Bass    Illegal to possess (May 1 - last Friday in June)

5 - (Singly or in combination, last Saturday in June - April 30)     14 inches

Lake Erie Walleye and Yellow Perch Limits

Lake Erie Walleye and Yellow Perch Limits: Daily limits will be set on May 1 each year. Prior to that time, regulations from the previous season will apply. A special publication announcing current limits for walleye and yellow perch will be available at wildlife district offices and license outlets beginning in April. The updated limits will also ve announced through a statewide news release and posted on the Division of Wildlife Web site.

The following 2010 season limits for walleye and yellow perch will continue to apply ONLY until May 1, 2011.
Walleye    4 - (May 1 - last day in February)
6 - (March 1 - April 30)
    15 inches
Yellow Perch    

30 - (west of the Huron Pier)
30 - (east of the Huron Pier)
    None
Bobber Down

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2011, 02:46 PM »
   My Bad the ODNR site must have a misprint then :o

Fishing / Lake Erie and Tributaries

Lake Erie and its Tributaries

These regulations below apply to the Ohio waters of Lake Erie, its embayments including Maumee Bay, Sandusky Bay, East Harbor, Middle Harbor, and West Harbor, and tributaries to the first dam or designated landmark as follows: Vermillion River-St. Rt. 2 bridge; Black River-St. Rt 611 bridge; Rocky River-Detroit Rd. bridge; Cuyahoga River-Harvard Rd. bridge; Euclid Creek, Chagrin River-St. Rt. 283 bridge; Arcola Creek, Wheeler Creek, Cowles Creek, Indian Creek-U.S. Rt. 20 bridge; Grand River-St. Rt. 535 bridge; Conneaut Creek-Main St. (downtown Conneaut) bridge; Ashtabula River-E. 24th St. bridge. All "statewide" regulations apply to Ohio waters of Lake Erie except for those listed below:
Species    Daily Limit    Minimum Size
Largemouth, Smallmouth & Spotted Bass    Illegal to possess (May 1 - last Friday in June)

5 - (Singly or in combination, last Saturday in June - April 30)     14 inches

Lake Erie Walleye and Yellow Perch Limits

Lake Erie Walleye and Yellow Perch Limits: Daily limits will be set on May 1 each year. Prior to that time, regulations from the previous season will apply. A special publication announcing current limits for walleye and yellow perch will be available at wildlife district offices and license outlets beginning in April. The updated limits will also ve announced through a statewide news release and posted on the Division of Wildlife Web site.

The following 2010 season limits for walleye and yellow perch will continue to apply ONLY until May 1, 2011.
Walleye    4 - (May 1 - last day in February)
6 - (March 1 - April 30)
    15 inches
Yellow Perch    

30 - (west of the Huron Pier)
30 - (east of the Huron Pier)
    None
Not trying to be picky but shouldn't the walleye limit be the lesser of the 2 , during the spawn , should be
walleye 6-(May 1 - last day in February)
           4-(march 1 - thru april 30)
Perch is correct , sorry to but in just wouldn't want you guys getting in trouble.peace

Offline Pork

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Just sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong here.... ;D

I think the first set of reg's posted was a misprint from the ODNR.
As jugghead said, it's bassackwards from how I would think it should be (smaller limit during spawn)
so I googled around & came up with this from the ODNR, updated 1-26-11...

Lake Erie Fishing Report
Updated January 26, 2011

Updated Steelhead Information  |  Lake Erie Weather Forecast

** The daily bag limit for Lake Erie walleye is 6 fish per angler.  The minimum size limit for walleye is 15 inches. **

** The daily bag limit for yellow perch is 30 fish per angler on all Ohio waters of Lake Erie.**

** The steelhead daily bag limit is 2 fish per angler through May 15.  May 16 through August 31 the daily bag limit will be 5 fish per angler. The minimum size limit for steelhead is 12 inches. **

** The Lake Erie black bass (largemouth and smallmouth) season is closed to possession (catch-and-release only) from May 1 through June 25. On June 26 the daily bag limit will return to 5 fish per angler with a minimum size limit of 14”.**

Link here: ---> http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/FishingSubhomePage/FishingProspectsandReports/fishingfreportlakeerieweekly/tabid/6125/Default.aspx

Nice catch BTW capt.  :icefish:
If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes. ;)

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Nice walleyes!!!! 3/4 inches on a quad......Yeah right!
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Those are great fish and congrats!!! But maybe someone could explain to me why you would want to keep the big ones?? I'm not knocking on anyone but I'm just courious. I always let go anything over 22-24". Should I be eating the big fish I catch? Do they taste just as good? Guess I just need a little more info. Thanks  (btw I'm not trying to offend anyone, those are AWESOME fish)

Offline PAPER MOUTH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2011, 03:53 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up for me!! The ODNR should really get there website straight bcuz it is very misleading. I agree the lesser limit should be in the spawn. There site is wrong. They should hook someone up too a couple car batteries and a water puddle for it, and correct the online site.

Awesome fish captn!!!!
Bobber Down

Offline vinsonrider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Capt Mike.  Nice catch given the success of most thus far into the season.  Is that Joe K's 4 wheeler in the background?  Hope to have some success this weekend myself.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Yes some beautiful fish,but 3-4 inches of ice on a quad ? If true you got more nads than me.Be safe out there !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.