Author Topic: st croix spring bobbers  (Read 875 times)

Offline mpriceless7

• Team IceShanty Regular
st croix spring bobbers
« on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Any one use these? was going to get a couple of legend rods and just wondered about the spring bobbers ?? Will they bobbers work on other brands of poles ?
[IMG]

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
Re: st croix spring bobbers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:01 PM »
Use the search feature!.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline SoftSpot_716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2011, 10:16 PM »
the spring bobbers will not work with other rods unlss they have and inverted eye on them. the legends have an eye with a rubber grommet in it on the back side of the tip that the different spring bobbers slide into. i think you could put them on if you attach a number 8 eye with some epoxy the hit the hardware store for a type of rubber grommet wth a grove in it to fit the eye rim into then you can use that style spring bobber

Offline mpriceless7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2011, 07:03 AM »
ok thanks, sounds like something to do this week!!
[IMG]

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2011, 02:41 PM »
the spring bobbers will not work with other rods unlss they have and inverted eye on them. the legends have an eye with a rubber grommet in it on the back side of the tip that the different spring bobbers slide into. i think you could put them on if you attach a number 8 eye with some epoxy the hit the hardware store for a type of rubber grommet wth a grove in it to fit the eye rim into then you can use that style spring bobber
X2
  I have done this to all my rods and so have my friends. A simple #8 footed rod guide, a grommet with a 1/8 or .125 hole and some epoxy and you have a nice set up. Easy to install!  

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2011, 10:24 PM »
Use a No ten single foot rod Gide and the grommet will have the correct hole to accept the spring.

Live to fish forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.