Author Topic: Virtual Ice Fishing Show!  (Read 1909 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Virtual Ice Fishing Show!
« on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:38 AM »
I know many are bummed that the St. Paul Ice show, and many others, were canceled this year. There has been a couple smaller online events, but I wanted to make a post and share a cool opportunity for people to see and hear from some well known companies, ask questions, and get some good deals, and a chance to win gear. This weekend, starting this afternoon (Friday) actually, several MN based podcast teamed up and will be going live to host a virtual ice show.  They have a giant line up spanning the next couple days, each company gets a 20 min block to show product, answer questions etc.   

The live stream will be on Facebook in 4 hour blocks. For those that don't have facebook you still can view it by going to the Smackdown Outdoors Podcast page. If you are completely against Facebook, I believe the live stream videos will be uploaded to youtube at some point here. The videos will also be saved to that facebook page for viewing after the fact, no one expects you to sit at your computer all weekend. 

I think this is pretty cool they are doing this (for free, no entrance fee, parking pass, the beer is even free  ;D ) I'm sure it took a lot of work. I looked at the schedule and will be tuning in at a couple times to hear and see some products and learn. 

Where to go: https://www.facebook.com/smackdownoutdoorspodcast/
Summary video of the event: https://www.facebook.com/CatchCover/videos/2452006648435269/ (this is what a live video looks like afterwards)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Virtual Ice Fishing Show!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Scheels next week

https://www.scheels.com/giveaway?src=virtualiceseries

Yes! thanks for sharing that. I was going to add some more under the thread. Everyone please share any other event you may know of.  For a lot of the small or new companies, they rely on the ice shows to sell product and get their name out.

A lot of stores that are typically at the Ice shows are running specials this weekend. Reeds, Thorne Bro's, Joe's, Marine General, Capra's and more I can't think of at the moment. 
*The companies on the smackdown ice show will be giving discount codes out also.

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2020, 03:44 PM »
I saw that Reeds posted a whole page for their virtual ice show

https://www.reedssports.com/ice-show-deals

Looks like some of the really good deals they're asking that you call in to receive the discount code, as they're too low to advertise.

Offline IceSavage

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:42 PM »
Free beer!!!!  :o    Wonder what kind they'll have?  ;D ;D ;D   
ICE FISHING..........  ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.
CO Native. C&R Esox Lucius

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2020, 08:39 AM »
Enjoying the virtual show but is there any better product to Bro Brosdahl than the product he is being paid to promote?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2020, 09:17 AM »
Amped is up now, I'll be pulling it up here and there throughout the day on my phone for brands I'm interested in

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2020, 12:14 PM »
all of the 4 hour segments are still up on fb so you can fast forward to the things you want to see.

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:32 PM »
Enjoying the virtual show but is there any better product to Bro Brosdahl than the product he is being paid to promote?

I really like Bro, but damn he is a salesman.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2020, 05:34 PM »
I really like Bro, but damn he is a salesman.

Did you buy anything?

I mean is he a GOOD salesman?
Veritas Odium Parit

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2020, 08:06 PM »
Did you buy anything?

I mean is he a GOOD salesman?

I bought some stuff, but not from him  ::)

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2020, 11:06 AM »
yeah on one hand at lease he hasn't sold his soul to Clam but its really hard to not feel like any conversation you see him in feeling like a giant frabil commercial. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2020, 06:42 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.