Author Topic: Thin Ice - Stuck! in the NWT - Glad it wasn't me  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thin Ice - Stuck! in the NWT - Glad it wasn't me
« on: Dec 03, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Anybody ever buried a side by side with tracks like this before?

Go to end of video and click on Part 2 when it pops up.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Thin Ice - Stuck! in the NWT - Glad it wasn't me
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2020, 01:27 PM »
I have been a fan of tracks for a long time, have had a lot of rubber tracks on the farm and steel in the drainage business, I have managed to get most of the tracked machines stuck at one time or the other, including dozers, track tractors, tracked skid steers and tiling machines, but have never buried a side X side as deep as the one in the video. The worst I have done to one of those was flip it over when going way too fast on the lake and hitting a deep slush pocket. 

The fellow that is hamming it up in the picture was riding with me, the other guys was part of the rescue team, neither of us were hurt, the Ranger did not fare quite as well.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Looks like it is on it's side and no tracks on it.
<===Lefty===

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2020, 01:34 PM »
I think that you guys in Canada just like to play rough when it come to the outdoors!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2020, 02:26 PM »
OK so when I clicked on the link it started me off on the second picture. Now I see what happened.
<===Lefty===

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2020, 03:52 PM »
OK so when I clicked on the link it started me off on the second picture. Now I see what happened.

You are correct!  I should have mentioned it.

Thank you!
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2020, 05:52 PM »
I have been a fan of tracks for a long time, have had a lot of rubber tracks on the farm and steel in the drainage business, I have managed to get most of the tracked machines stuck at one time or the other, including dozers, track tractors, tracked skid steers and tiling machines, but have never buried a side X side as deep as the one in the video. The worst I have done to one of those was flip it over when going way too fast on the lake and hitting a deep slush pocket. 

The fellow that is hamming it up in the picture was riding with me, the other guys was part of the rescue team, neither of us were hurt, the Ranger did not fare quite as well.

Least you're smiling about it  :o

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:16 PM »
I think that you guys in Canada just like to play rough when it come to the outdoors!

Yes, we take it seriously, equipment breakage is calculated in the fun factor.

Hope to be out on the lake with machines next week, walking only at this point, rather not try the float suit out (again) just yet.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Least you're smiling about it  :o

Neither one of those guys is me, I was taking the picture.  The fellow that is posing in the picture was riding with me when I dumped it, he was 80 years old at the time and it didn't bother him a bit, the other guy was one of the rescue party that helped winch it back over.  The incident happened in late spring, the lake was frozen when we went out in the morning, thawed and became deep slush in the afternoon, I had to go wide open to keep it from sinking, worked well until it didn't.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.