Author Topic: Marcum Lx9 with lithium shuttle  (Read 1279 times)

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
Marcum Lx9 with lithium shuttle
« on: Dec 02, 2020, 01:16 PM »
Hey all, first post of 2020 ice season (still waiting on ice)
Pulled trigger on a Marcum LX9 yesterday and now I'm getting into owners manual, and carry bag, and all that.
I came across listing for the lithium shuttle, and I THINK I want it.
My concern is will the added camera equipment work with lx9? Looks to be set up for lx7. I like the idea of sealing it in a bucket for transport. Also like the USB charging ports.
Has anyone rigged an lx9 into a shuttle? Likes? Dislikes?
Thank guys

Offline Central Iowa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum Lx9 with lithium shuttle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:23 AM »
Yes works fine. Fits in bucket. I always keep the camera and panner separate anyways as there isn’t a way to clip the camera bag on the shuttle. There are guys that have found clips that match the ones on the Marcum bag so they can attach the bag to the shuttle.
Scheel’s has them really discounted right now at $149.99 well worth that IMO.
I like the overall design. Light in front, rod holders. Only thing I don’t like is once in awhile my transducer arm will hit the shut off switch when hole hopping as the  LX9 is a pain starting back up as it’s not instantly on.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Love mine with my LX6, runs for days. Only problem is when battery dies you cant replace, you have to send back to replace.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2020, 09:31 AM »
Love mine with my LX6, runs for days. Only problem is when battery dies you cant replace, you have to send back to replace.
  Have you had one go bad?  I think they said they should last almost 2,000 charging cycles, so I'm hoping it's a while before it needs replaced.  Price hopefully comes down by then too.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2020, 10:20 AM »
The reason it looks like it works with the lx7 is because the lx7 uses the same cover as the lx9. The lx7 doesn't support the camera.

I was one of the first to buy their shuttle and is was 250$ back then. The battery was available at Marcum back then. They don't offer the battery for end user soon after i bought mine is the only down side.

Plenty of pros and one con. There seems to be room to add a battery on the top where they built a float holder that I'll look into closer when the time comes. Their replacement battery was advertised at 89$. You can use another battery to level off power drain by connecting it to the charge port and you can use that same port to use for a 12 volt tap.

I do use the light a lot at night hole hopping and/or use it for attracting fish. I use a th20 headlamp also and keep spare rechargeable batteries with me.

I do use the rod holders while hole hopping also.

I can attach the camera bag with velcro straps onto the handle. I don't use the camera unless there are days where fish don't bite and want to see them while sonar shows them or to show family or friends what its like. Funny thing fishing with a cam is watching them bite, you react too fast vs watching line or rod indicator. Wife and I missed a few cam fishing.
Otherwise it doesn't fit my style of fishing at all. Takes too long to set up, too limited what information it gives vs sonar. If I knew that before upgrading from the lx7 I wouldn't have.

I hardly ever use the USB ports either. I have jump packs for that, but when I do use it, I use it to keep power in a Bluetooth speaker when I'm shanty fishing instead of hole hopping.

I don't miss the cover at all. It was more in the way than anything else. The snow shield keeps it safe. If you wear polarized sunglasses, you'll want to remove the sheild. It gives off odd colors and distortion.

For the arm that holds the transducer, the rubber stopper doesn't stop slippage.  We wrap the cable around the support arm a few times. I also use velcro one wrap and I use that for lots of other things like cam bag to carry handle, bundle rods, any where you'd use a zip strip or string.
A friend added smd5050 leds to underside of his support arm. Nice mod for anyone that uses an arm and doesn't have the shuttle.
Be careful to not pinch cut transducer cable when stowing it away. Unwrap the cable first.

If you just want to be light weight, add a lithium to stock shuttle and save some money. You can add usb charger ports to anything 12 volt if that's another feature you think you want.

I don't bother with a bucket. It sits on my chair of my flip over as I pull it and can scout with it there also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.