Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Fort Quappelle lakes

<< < (3/3)

Bart Ritchie:
Katepwa Lake - Friday March 8/24

Fished from 10:00am to 3:00pm - total of 3 Tuilbee and 3 small Perch... another slow day.

Lots of loose snow on the lake, about 3-4".  Not much windblown but heavy driving compared to last week.

Ice still 19.5” to 21”

Bart Ritchie:
Katepwa Lake - Friday March 13/24

Fished from 10:00am to 3:00pm - total of  7 Tuilbee, 1 Burbot, 1 very small Walleye and 1 jumbo Perch... better than last trip but another slow day.

The snow from the last storm has settled from 5he warm weather and has an ice crust.  Driving was still a bit heavy, but easy even towing a 10’ ice house.

Ice still 19.5” to 21” and not yet showing any rotting out.  T(e /oat launch area was still pretty easy to get on/off.  A week of warm weather will degrade the launch areas as the warm weather takes hold into next week.

Good luck to the participants of the ICE FISHING DERBY on March 14th.

Water Wolf:
Hi All,

I have no reports for the Qu'Appelle Valley lakes, but, I do have a few questions. ;D

1. How did the ice fishing derby make out at Katepwa Lake? ???
Did any one here try it, if so, any luck?
How many anglers made it out, and, how many fish caught?
What were the largest 3 fish?

2. What depth do you usually ice fish for pike at the Qu'Appelle lake? ???
In the lakes I normally fish I try for them in 5 - 10 foot range in winter.
With the forage base as it is, do you fish deeper?

3. I was looking at a map of Echo Lake and wondered if any of you have ever had luck for burbot at or
around B-Say-Tah Point? :unsure:
It looks like it should be prime spot for them this time of year.

Thanks, :)
WW

js6145:
The Katepwa derby was good with I would say 75 people. Only 4 fish caught, all tullibees. A tullibee just over 1 lb won it all. No kids caught a fish so they made draws amongst the young ones for their prizes. Other then a windy day it was a well planed event. Hats off to the lions club. As far as pike, I catch them under 10ft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version