Author Topic: Another great day  (Read 645 times)

Offline mafishinfinatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing is just my thing
Another great day
« on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Well today i got a bright an early start leaving the house at about 4:30. Decided to fish the same lake in the north country of nh knowing previous ice conditions and that it holds some pretty solid fish. Got to the lake at about 6:30 and had traps in by 7. Ice was solid all the way through no slush easy walking 5.5-6in with some spots pushing 6.5in. That soaking sunday and the cold snap to follow couldnt have played out any better. Once again we were the only ones there, perfect!!. It was a nippy 10 degrees upon arrival but warmed up to about low 20s mid afternoon. Winds were calm and sun was out. Brought the pop up but didnt end up spending really anytime in it. Flags started flying left and right soon after with multiple pickerel in the 12-16 inch range and a few eater sized perch in between, will be bringing my filet knife next time. Hit a lull around 10 so we cooked up some food. Didnt bring any breakfast stuff so went straight to stuffed bacon cheddar burgers haha. Finished eating and we decided to jig again for bows while it was slow. Picked up a little bow on a tungsten jig with a maki plastic. My uncle got one on a tungsten jig tipped with a few waxies.  Action on the shiners picked back up again around noon. A few more perch and pickerel smaller than the first bunch earlier and had 1 bow mixed in. For lunch we cooked up some chicken covered in Tabasco sauce and made sandwiches, nothing gourmet but good. Had quite a few hit and spits with no real action for a while. Between 2-3 we managed 2 more bows and decided  to call it quits after. It starts getting dark around 4 and i wanted to go check out one of my go to spots about 20 miles south to possibly fish saturday. Another successful day in my book. Many more to come.

Bad day on the ice beats a good day at work.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Another great day
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Nice report, off to a great season.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline mafishinfinatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing is just my thing
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Nice report, off to a great season.
Thanks bud, hardwater is upon us. Should be a good season for 2019.
Bad day on the ice beats a good day at work.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Looks like a good day nice work!
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline AlMacdougal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Thanks for the report, should have plenty of safe ice this weekend. Can't wait to get out there.

Offline MAfisher57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2018, 04:51 PM »
Sounds like a great day to me. Can’t beat that!  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.