Author Topic: Pike Advice  (Read 2751 times)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pike Advice
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:11 AM »
No watches for me, Denny. Could never stand anything on my fingers, wrists, neck, ears, breasts etc..
Years ago, carried a pocket watch, but kept breaking them.

Now that you're retired, your mantra should be....Every day is a holiday and every meal, a feast!
Eat when you're hungry etc...
The only time you need the time is to be on time for Dr. appointments.  ;)

So I guess no "nipple rings" for you Richard.  ;D

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2018, 07:08 AM »
So I guess no "nipple rings" for you Richard.  ;D
NOPE!  ;D

You know those 10 cent clear plastic protractors?

I do remember them, esox.
Are they still a dime?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2018, 07:54 AM »

I do remember them, esox.
Are they still a dime?

Actually I think they are if you get 'em on the going back to school sales. Do they even teach kids how to use those anymore?
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Steve01987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2018, 10:27 AM »
No they give kids free laptops and less homework now....I hear it builds character though

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Actually I think they are if you get 'em on the going back to school sales. Do they even teach kids how to use those anymore?
Not sure about the protractors?
Heard the slide rules went in the kindling bin.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Stealth?  I would love it if Steve would take your advice and write us a report of his adventure.  It would be a great read and might provide some super pictures.
Maybe a report of your Moore experience would great.
A real challenge would be for someone to catch some.Of the millions of small mouth that disappear under the Moore ice every winter?
A good bet would be for any Moore novice to buy some of Chris McGrath,s big shiners and ask if he might take on Moore for some ice fishing.
Dick

Me too, I hope he has a great time. Not much to tell about my 3 trips to Moore, just average outings that got me a few Pike in the 22"-25" range each trip. I used tips and info from this site and an access condition and water level report from you to put me on them... Left my wheeler on the edge and walked out until i found about 25' feet of depth and scanned the shoreline for cuts, had to move about a 1/4 mile to find a channel that led to shore and set my line of traps in it from deep to shallow. My next 2 outings were in the same area and produced similar results. Maybe the river can be tricky but just the info in this thread is enough to put someone in a successful situation with some effort.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2018, 10:28 AM »
I've taken so many Moore pike I would feel guilty if I didn't share what little I know about winter locations.  I've always assumed that they will be close to their late fall locations?
I would feel guilty pointing out hot spots that others have found.
The spots where both state records were caught have been my open water go to places.  I'm incapable of producing a hot spot map since many of my favorite spots are high and dry in Feb.
Dick

Offline Steve01987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2018, 11:14 AM »
My plan is to launch somewhere from the the Littleton area since that is closest for me..will let you guys know how I make out, waiting for the ice to be nice and solid there. If possible I like to have a minimum of 6 in of ice when exploring new areas.

Offline Dickbakers

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2018, 11:33 AM »
 ??? Steve. Where are you located and when do you think you might to drive to Moore, Littleton?  Maybe I can help with on site advice?
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.