Author Topic: Lebanon Area  (Read 3202 times)

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lebanon Area
« on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:41 AM »
My biggest question is there anywhere in the area I can get bait? The bait shop I found apparently is no longer up and running?

I also tried my luck quite a few times bass fishing the area with minimal luck, but that was summer. Any tips or info on some possible bass or trout lakes would be great. PM's welcomed! I don't live in the area or I'd definitely try and figure it out on my own. Thanks!
Tight Lines!

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lebanon Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:56 AM »
In Lebanon upper valley outfitters Great brook rd off rt 120.. Headed south towards East Plainfield..
Jig em up!

Offline Running for flags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2018, 10:05 AM »
I have found a few places that hold bass around the area mascoma holds some nice bass in there! Also the wilder dam area has some nice species including bass can be sketchy ice though so be careful! As far as bait I don’t know any places around the area other than heartland use to be a guy in white river but that was out of his house
Wait there's ice????

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2018, 10:23 AM »
In Lebanon upper valley outfitters Great brook rd off rt 120.. Headed south towards East Plainfield..

Called and or emailed them in the summer looking for info I thought he told me he closed down, maybe he's only open for winter? I'll have to follow up.
Tight Lines!

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Called and or emailed them in the summer looking for info I thought he told me he closed down, maybe he's only open for winter? I'll have to follow up.

Open in winter only.. Self serve also
Jig em up!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Open in winter only.. Self serve also

Thanks for the heads up, just leave cash I assume?
Tight Lines!

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2018, 03:50 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, just leave cash I assume?

Yes
Jig em up!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Bringing this Thread alive again. Looking to find some fishing buddies this year to ice fish with in the area. I'm not up there every weekend, but quite often. My GF lives in the area and none of my Southern NH friends wanna make the trek up there to fish. Also plan on hitting Champlain a decent amount this year because it's only about another hour and a half or so. If you live in the area and want to fish, let me know!
Tight Lines!

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2018, 01:12 PM »

Bassin,

PM me when your headed to Mascoma maybe we can get together...I'm sitting in my chair looking out at the thin ice right now...

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Bassin,
I’m from upper valley and go fishing in the Lebanon area a lot! Pm me and I’ll join yanon some ice trips!
Wait there's ice????

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2018, 01:33 PM »
Bassin,
I’m from upper valley and go fishing in the Lebanon area a lot! Pm me and I’ll join yanon some ice trips!

PM sent
Tight Lines!

Offline FishinDJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2018, 03:44 PM »
If your still looking for bait in the area:
Stebbins Bait Shop in Enfield: Hunter Stebbins
                                            (603)-359-1239
                                            45 May St. Enfield, NH

I've never been there but I know he started doing bait last year and has been posting on Facebook the past few weeks

There is also Bear Pond bait out in Canaan: (603)-304-7355
                                                                84 Bear Pond Rd, Canaan NH
He also stocks bait at Pleasant Valley Store in Canaan and Ingrown Gardens in West Lebanon (last year anyway)

I usually go to Upper Valley Outfitters because you can do the self serve thing 24 hrs.

I live in Lebanon and if I'm fishing around here I'm always down for company on the ice :tipup:

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Looks like I'll have some buddies to fish with in the Upper Valley! Excited to get to know your fishery, look forward to fishing with you guys.
Tight Lines!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:08 AM »
I don't know which way you come from Amherst, but there is the Tackle Shack in Newbury. I think they sell bait, never bought from them, but I would imagine.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Yes sickle shack sells bait good bait to its pond fed water and he always has small/med/large shiners also smelt and some suckers. Good guy and he will give you ice details and tell you how the bite is around!
Wait there's ice????

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2018, 08:51 AM »
yes! I've been there! that's where I used to get bait in that area, bit out of the way unless I'm fishing Sunapee, great people though.
Tight Lines!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2018, 10:58 AM »
yes! I've been there! that's where I used to get bait in that area, bit out of the way unless I'm fishing Sunapee, great people though.

If you go e me a heads up and we are fishing that day I’ll grab the bait for us just a few minutes from me anyways
Wait there's ice????

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:27 PM »
If you go e me a heads up and we are fishing that day I’ll grab the bait for us just a few minutes from me anyways

awesome, thanks man!
Tight Lines!

Offline benny8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2018, 05:03 AM »
There is also Steve's Bait in North Hartland. They have some of the liveliest bait and a decent price to boot.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2018, 05:44 AM »
That only works for fishing in vt transporting by bait fish to nh or vice Vera’s is not a good idea! But thanks for the info
Wait there's ice????

Offline benny8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:25 AM »
That only works for fishing in vt transporting by bait fish to nh or vice Vera’s is not a good idea! But thanks for the info
You can buy bait in Vermont and fish NH without a problem. All the bait dealers locally in Vt and NH get their bait from the same place in Northern Vermont.

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2018, 07:38 AM »
If your still looking for bait in the area:
Stebbins Bait Shop in Enfield: Hunter Stebbins
                                            (603)-359-1239
                                            45 May St. Enfield, NH

I've never been there but I know he started doing bait last year and has been posting on Facebook the past few weeks

There is also Bear Pond bait out in Canaan: (603)-304-7355
                                                                84 Bear Pond Rd, Canaan NH
He also stocks bait at Pleasant Valley Store in Canaan and Ingrown Gardens in West Lebanon (last year anyway)

I usually go to Upper Valley Outfitters because you can do the self serve thing 24 hrs.

I live in Lebanon and if I'm fishing around here I'm always down for company on the ice :tipup:

+1 for Stebbins good guy and solid bait and a selection he sometimes will meet you as well

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2018, 07:40 AM »
You can buy bait in Vermont and fish NH without a problem. All the bait dealers locally in Vt and NH get their bait from the same place in Northern Vermont.

I'm pretty sure your not suppose even transport bait from state to state let alone fish with it.

Offline benny8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure your not suppose even transport bait from state to state let alone fish with it.
Totally not true. If you buy bait in Vt, they are required to give you a slip with the location you are fishing. If you tell them you are fishing with it in NH, they write down the Ct. River. Like I said before, all the bait shops in my area(NH/VT) get their bait from the same supplier.

Offline JigDragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Totally not true. If you buy bait in Vt, they are required to give you a slip with the location you are fishing. If you tell them you are fishing with it in NH, they write down the Ct. River. Like I said before, all the bait shops in my area(NH/VT) get their bait from the same supplier.

I figured this law was the same as the VT Law where if you purchase bait from New Hampshire you are only allowed to fish the Connecticut River and it's set backs with that said bait, which is why when you get the tag it says Conneticut River on it.

Offline benny8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 28, 2018, 11:01 AM »
I figured this law was the same as the VT Law where if you purchase bait from New Hampshire you are only allowed to fish the Connecticut River and it's set backs with that said bait, which is why when you get the tag it says Conneticut River on it.
We don't have the crazy bait laws of VT. Fish anywhere you want with the bait purchased in Vt. The Vt. bait shops are just required to give you that slip which is a carbon copy of the one the bait dealer keeps in case of an inspection.

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Nov 28, 2018, 02:44 PM »
I bought bait several times last season from Steve's in Hartland VT (great couple).  Benny is correct they just write CT river on the slip. I've never had a NH fish and game officer ask where the bait came from. Stebbins is just over a mile from me so that makes it much easier this year.

Bassin - I'll pm you some info on a couple water bodies in the UV. Hopefully, we can get together on Mascoma this season.

Tight Lines All

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 28, 2018, 03:44 PM »
I bought bait several times last season from Steve's in Hartland VT (great couple).  Benny is correct they just write CT river on the slip. I've never had a NH fish and game officer ask where the bait came from. Stebbins is just over a mile from me so that makes it much easier this year.

Bassin - I'll pm you some info on a couple water bodies in the UV. Hopefully, we can get together on Mascoma this season.

Tight Lines All

Mascoma, thank you I really appreciate it! I'll be up there all weekend anyways, so might as well try and get on some water if possible.
Tight Lines!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:21 PM »
I'd like to clear something up here. I've read quite a few posts on social media, this year about transporting VT bait to and using it in NH (Not the CT river).
It's had me scratching my head, because I knew it was illegal.
BTW, the ultimate source of the bait is irrelevant.

The rule states as follows...
"Importation of live fish or their eggs, including
bait fish, is prohibited without a special
permit."

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2018, 08:14 PM »
I'd like to clear something up here. I've read quite a few posts on social media, this year about transporting VT bait to and using it in NH (Not the CT river).
It's had me scratching my head, because I knew it was illegal.
BTW, the ultimate source of the bait is irrelevant.

The rule states as follows...
"Importation of live fish or their eggs, including
bait fish, is prohibited without a special
permit."

Yes. That is the law & I find it funny though, there's a popular bait shop in VT a stones throw from the CT river of which is owned entirely by NH to the setbacks of VT state highway bridges....They clearly write on the bait slip your given CT river every time.  CT river is NH so if a fisherman walks out with live bait on the river or parks at the setbacks in nh they must have NH bait... also, a VT fishing license is the same as a NH license while fishing the CT river.  So, they can fish it but, cannot bring live bait with them from the VT shore....that is a can of worms...Never heard of it being enforced on the CT River or around here.  But, I agree that's exactly verbatim the law. I will buy mine in NH.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.