Author Topic: OLDER JIFFY LITE AUGER  (Read 403 times)

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
OLDER JIFFY LITE AUGER
« on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:14 PM »
HAVE A OPPORTUNITY TO BUY A OLDER 70'S 80'S 8'' JIFFY LITE MODEL#? ANY ONE NOW THE WEIGHT CANT GET TO LOOK AT IT TILL NEXT WEEK AND IF I REMEMBER RIGHT THE JIFFY 30 OF YEARS AGO I HAD WAS A BEAR AT LEAST 28#

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: OLDER JIFFY LITE AUGER
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:18 PM »
what size auger? Possible to ask seller what it weights?

The power head maybe 28lbs alone, then depending on auger size.

I have an old SM mag 2000 or 3000 with a 10" auger. It weighs around 40 pounds. I don't use it anymore but it is a beast. Probably needs carb rebuilt and fuel lines replaced if I ever wanted to use again.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2021, 03:15 PM »
I HAVE A STRIKE MASTER 8'' IT IS 22# THIS IS LIGHTER IF I REMEMBER

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:30 PM »
My 25 year old 8" jiffy model 30 weighs in at 36# and still running. The weight is good for drilling holes in thick ice without having to use any down pressure, just hang on and let the weight of it drill the hole. Drills at about 1 inch per second. I break out the old jiffy when we get ice over 20" when the ice is that thick I just set it on the tailgate and drive the truck from hole to hole for drilling, so really not carrying it that much. I also have a 8" extension on it so I don't have to bend over when drilling thick ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.