Author Topic: facebook "indiana ice fishing" a few post some are icefishing  (Read 986 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm inclined to think the post are on ponds. Tuesday one guy said he had 4" on a pond in newton county. With the single digit temps forecasted we may finally get some safe ice.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline 10point

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: facebook "indiana ice fishing" a few post some are icefishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2019, 06:32 AM »
On one of the pages I believe someone got banned for making false reports and posting old pictures. Never know if stuff is true or not. Whye someone would do that is beyond me.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:03 AM »
IDK why someone would do that.   If I'm in a pond I'll let you know.   If I check a lake I'll tell yeah what lake and what the actual conditions are.   We are all here for the same goal, "a good time, the sport , conservation and a lil fish to fry "

Now with that being said I am going to go and look at a few lakes this morning after I get the snow blower going and clear the driveway.  I'll let everyone know what I find

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:35 AM »
IDK why someone would do that.   If I'm in a pond I'll let you know.   If I check a lake I'll tell yeah what lake and what the actual conditions are.   We are all here for the same goal, "a good time, the sport , conservation and a lil fish to fry "

Now with that being said I am going to go and look at a few lakes this morning after I get the snow blower going and clear the driveway.  I'll let everyone know what I find
I plan on scouting north of kendallville tomorrow. Tonights low temps a d low all day tomorrow should be just what we needed if snow doesn't get too deep. I would have to imagine I can find something. Even of not I can at least get an idea on how close we are
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:38 AM »
Yesterday I drove around Whitley county.  Most of the ice I found was 2-3" and soft ice.  There were a couple of areas I could have gotten on I think, but the ice varies so much in the hardness, just going to set it out for now.  May go looking again tomorrow and see what we have.  I can't say I have seen early ice this soft before , take a spud for anyone that ventures out.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2019, 09:43 AM »
I'm in wanatah so I usually am around Laporte lakes and valpo chain.   I do venture out to Plymouth area and even further.    I wanna take a trip to Wisconsin as well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.