Author Topic: Pine lake- La Porte  (Read 2286 times)

Offline erikschultz99

• IceShanty Rookie
Pine lake- La Porte
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 01:50 PM »
Anyone see pine lake yet and see if its locked up. We got a good snow storm last week but I'm hoping it didnt make it to pine lake so it can make some good ice this week coming up.  I'm gonna try to look for an ice report on the 22nd to and see if it will have 3-4 on that day

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pine lake- La Porte
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Anyone see pine lake yet and see if its locked up. We got a good snow storm last week but I'm hoping it didnt make it to pine lake so it can make some good ice this week coming up.  I'm gonna try to look for an ice report on the 22nd to and see if it will have 3-4 on that day
GOOD LUCK.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 02:56 PM »
I haven't looked at it but we got about 3 or 4 inches of snow
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline Flatcoat1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 09:39 PM »
I drive by Pine every weekday. It IS locked up. Very little snow ended up on the main lake. Some ice with snow in some of the boat docks. Did see a LOT of geese on the northwest side yesterday. Too far to see if it was open there. If I get a chance and come back through town during daylight tomorrow I will see if I can swing by Stone too.

At this time I would day that the ice is still thin. Better to wait a few days.

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 06:24 AM »
pine is locked up, almost 2inches where i poked. Seen a couple grey wet spots driving by. I did not probe everywhere but was encouraged by the couple spots i did

Offline Flatcoat1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:48 PM »
Drove by Stone today. A large open area where geese are on the north side. Also saw an open spot near the road on south side.  Have not seen anyone ON the ice yet.

Offline MC_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:00 AM »
Speaking of Pine, it's been a couple years since I ice fished it. What's the ice access situation to get on North Pine? Has it improved any, or do you still have to park down at Kiwanis Park and walk to north pine?

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2019, 08:25 AM »
I heard u can pay Huber's for a winter pass to the gate code and park behind the old Gracie's bait shop . Other then that gotta know someone or park across from DQ at the pavilion

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Went and checked pine and stone today.  Both have similar conditions.  Pine and stone are about 2 in consistent with the inconsistent 1-1.5 with the snow and slush.   Give it time and they will have safe ice hopefully next weekend

Offline Motley14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Thanks. Just checked long and flint. Long is better where I checked near the launch but still not safe. Flint is a mess I guess likely due to its size and extreme depth.

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2019, 12:31 PM »
I'm actually on to check valpo chain myself.    Since u did long n going I'll check Loomis

Offline Bsachs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:23 AM »
Is this the former power pitching Eric Schultz? Lol just came across your name and thought maybe it was you. Brent Sachs here...living in South Bend area. It's been a long time. Hope your doing well!

Offline erikschultz99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Hahaha. Sorry to break it just ordinary old Erik Schultz with a K. I'm downing in the Demotte area. Long drive for me to pine lake so this is a good way to stay up to date on the ice conditions.

Offline Flatcoat1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2019, 09:08 AM »
I did not see a soul on either Pine or Stone Lakes in LaPorte yesterday. Stone did have a very large number of geese keeping open an area.

Offline icehoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Checked Stone today, not ready yet, a lot soft ice. the geese are keeping an area open on the north side of the lake as well.
 Clear lake had 4" where I checked seen someone fishing there.
Pine lake had 3" of good ice where i checked, i am sure there are some soft spots out there as well. 1 person fishing out there also.
use extreme caution if venturing out. spud! spud! spud!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.