Author Topic: Bass Lake Problems  (Read 5116 times)

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bass Lake Problems
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2019, 08:38 PM »
There's the answer,  brandy caught them all that year, mystery solved! ;D

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2019, 09:08 PM »
that may be true but Maxi only has 1 launch I know of and still there are Millionaires who own housed on Maxi. I was told Jay Leno or Letterman has one.

The guy wasn't adding a launch, he was going to make more room for parking. Which in turn would put a few more boats on the water. That is why the Lake Assoc. blocked it. If they had their way they would have the launch removed so no one could drop a boat.

Its sad Hoosiers own all public lakes but only a few can really enjoy them.

Nyona is a small lake(104 acres) compared to Bass Lake(1,300 acres) but there's more room for parking at Nyona.

I don't disagree with you. I've been treated poorly by lake people for just being on "Our Lake" even though the lake was public. Saw a couple of kids make the mistake of crossing a lake property owner's property once. He came barreling out of his house and called them everything but a White man. "Get off my lawn"  was mild compared to that. I felt so sorry for them.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:16 AM »
My complaint is the big long pier systems that i see going in.  Some of them have big party pads with seating etc... out on the end.  They just keep getting bigger and farther into the lake.  There is all kinds of regs on how big, wide, tall a house can be built.  There is nothig in place to keep the piers at a moderate distance from the shore.  As a fisherman i feel like im trespassing if i go up into that mess with my boat.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:03 AM »
don't feel that way tater.  I have caught nice fish and surprised topless sunbathers, up in there! lol  be quiet though they both spook easy.

real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2019, 07:41 AM »
don't feel that way tater.  I have caught nice fish and surprised topless sunbathers, up in there! lol  be quiet though they both spook easy.
Tip of the week.  ;D

I’ve had people throw landscape bricks off their docks to “scare” the fish, threaten to call the cops, and tell me that I’m catching their fish. I just take the high road thank them for adding more structure, offer my phone to call the cops, tell them to grab a bucket and any fish I catch off their dock they can take for supper, but only leave at my pace. I also have folks that come down and offer coffee, food, drinks, offer the bathroom even.
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:25 AM »
I'll be honest , I'm not nice at all to people like this ! If I know I'm in the right , and don't give up and am hard headed and will be damned if I'm going to back out of a fishing spot because some yuppy thinks it's his place ...... Things usually end with DNR or cops ! And I've never ever been in trouble with the law over a situation like this. And there has been two cases people have got tickets for Hunter harassment . Those instances we're also in a boat but while duck hunting but happens all the time fishing too !

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2019, 09:35 AM »
I do know of instances where guys have snagged and ripped the upholstery of pontoon boats with their bass plugs. That would even tick me off.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Yep would me the same ! Lucky me im not a bass fisherman lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.