Author Topic: Another summer build,6x12  (Read 1853 times)

Offline waterfowl_warrior09

• IceShanty Rookie
Another summer build,6x12
« on: Sep 02, 2019, 08:52 PM »
So since I didn't have enough going on with work, chores,wife,newborn, waterfowl and bow season right around the corner,I decided to dive into another project. Some of ya might remember the tip down i made last year,which turned out alright,but I learned a lotttttt from it. Nightmare x1000 gettin it off the ice,but that's a different story for a different time lol. This time around I scored an old Apache pop up camper for free that I'm gonna turn into the sleeper shack for the walleye derbies. I've already gutted it, saved what could be salvaged which was pretty much the 3 burner stove top and a few cabinets. It had 2 benches that fold out into beds,but I'm gonna just re use hardware and rebuild them.

2x4 on the flat for wall studs to a 6'6" rafter, Gable style rafters to give a pitched roof, 1' from rafter to peak. Going 2x4 on the flat to "try" and accommodate flip down bunks, and pitched roof for snow and some extra storage in that foot of space. Spray foam top to bottom,not 100% on floor yet. Most likely thin plywood or luan for exterior. Will absolutely NOT use metal roofing for exterior again,ever idc how much I have for free haha.

Always trying to go bigger and better, ive got a solid vision in my head, as well as some dream wants. Couple things for absolute sure will be ammo can Woodstove again like I had in tip down. With the spray foam and good oak chunks we had it 80+ on the -30 days last year,made it tough to wanna walk back to truck. And some better rod/tip up storage. It was an absolute disaster last year.
The vision:
Walk in, bunk/couch to right as well as flip down bunks above it. Straight ahead is table and stove area. To the left, full length bunk/couch from door to back as well as flip down above it. Woodstove in center back, open corner in back right corner for idk what yet.
The dreams:
Dual bank 12v system with solar charging
Ceiling fan/blower fans to move heat
TV with dish tailgater (real pipe dream I know)

I'll try and be better this time around keeping ya guys updated with progress and pics, hoping to keep a tighter schedule. Hoping to have it ready for insulation by end of September, then have rest of fall to fiddle with interior.
If anyone has experience or ideas for the drop down bunks, please don't hesitate to let me know, at this point I'm just winging it off what's in my head lol. Enjoy!

Offline flyrod04

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Another summer build,6x12
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2019, 10:46 AM »
sweet!!!  that is going to look like a parking garage on the ice!!! i love it!

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Looks like a great start!
Cant wait so see more updates on your progress!

Offline BH2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont wish your life away!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Looks good so far! Keep us posted I always like to see progress and build pics!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.