New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: White Out and White Noise Rods  (Read 7471 times)

Offline jrtbaits

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • wishin' i was fishin'
White Out and White Noise Rods
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:53 PM »
anyone seen these rods and rod reel combos yet they're available only through gander mountain and look really nice the white out combo that i got to play with today was really nice the reel had 8 bearings and was pretty smooth and the rod (a 24" UL) had a nice sensitive tip and a good backbone. I checked out the manufacturer (13fishing) website and it says that it will be under construction till jan. and i looked at their facebook page but it didn't have much info either so i was just wondering if anyone else had any info. on the company and their products??

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
Re: White Out and White Noise Rods
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2011, 01:22 PM »
i was just at gander today and it caught my eye. im thinking about buying one myself it felt pretty good in my hand
ice fishing for life

Offline Instantperception

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:01 PM »
my dad was at gander recenty and seen it as a combo.  sd you can bend the tip down all the way.........sounds like it has incredible backbone.       

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:31 PM »
I to played with them and i agree with all the above

Offline Canadianiceguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:40 PM »
looks like a nice combo. to bad i cant enter the contest. just wondering, can you pm me a price on the rod?

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2011, 04:19 PM »
The grip had a different feel.  I wonder how it feels when cold.  Cool looking too.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:03 AM »
I've been looking for info on these as well. Not really any info on thier website or facebook page other than they are a new company. Did a search and it brought me back here haha. I've been taking a hard look at the whiteout rod in the local gander store here and will probably bite the next time. That white noise rod is looking pretty sweet as well for the price they are asking.

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2011, 11:06 AM »
I looked at them the other day.  The rods seem good but the reel seem like cheap crap to me IMO.  For the price they were asking, they could have a higher quality reel on them. 

Offline dewey123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2011, 03:00 PM »
they look nice but not 50 dolars nice. I would set it down in the snow and never find it.

Offline 85champ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I bought the 24in ul white noise the other day and it feels great in my hand and its very sensitive with a great backbone

the reel is a 3 ball bearing but it was surprisingly smooth it was 40 for the combo and i think it was orth it but the real test for it comes in about a month and a half

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2011, 05:07 AM »
I liked the combo but 50.00 is alot of coin for another rod that I dont need.  the feeling reminds me of my st. croix rod I bought I think I paid 30 for the rod and I felt like I was breaking the bank when I purchased that.

Offline BS-BARN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Just picked up a white noise ul. $40 for the combo but it seems pretty nice. The white out was $59 by me. Great sensitive tip and not a bad backbone. When you bend it, it goes all the way to the bail but the first half is hardly bent. Can't wait to use it!

Offline The Busdriver

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:44 AM »
I saw them as well, they are sharping looking, I was walking by and they stoped me in my tracks.  For that kind of money I think you can get a decent Shimano and pair it with a good rod for about the same money, maybe a little more.  At least then you will know exactly what you are getting.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2011, 11:13 AM »
At Gander yesterday. Looked at the price, looked at where it was made. No thanks.
It'll eat.

Offline jmatile

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2011, 06:53 PM »
I agree with Chief...... No thanks.. yeah they look cool but that's how they hook you. I'll stick with my cork handle American made stuff!!  Buy a can of white spray paint.

Offline flybuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:02 PM »
i will drive my made in canada ford on the way out there, or i could take the wifes made in america toyota, i honestly dont care where it came from we still pay plenty of americans to ship, stock and sell products  from all over the world, if it is a quality product that what sells me,

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2011, 07:04 AM »
Hey whats happening flybuster? good to see your back..... cant wait to do some damage on chatauqua this year..... we'll see how well those American-ese white-whatever rods hold up! :roflmao: im sure they can with stand the nights that look like this ->  :icefish:
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2011, 01:01 AM »
Finally got around to picking up a whiteout 26"M rod. It looks and feels pretty good, nice and light, guides are all straight and I don't see any globs around em, nice backbone. Graphite handle seems just a little bit more sensitive  compared to a cork handle, and I happen to like cork handles. One thing I did not notice at the first few looks is it says titanium framed guides on the hang tag. They are a little small for my liking at the tip though, probably ice up quick outside! Paired it up with a Shimano Seinna and 8lb Nanofil so its kinda pulling double "guinea pig" duty. Just have to wait another week or two to get out on the ice and give it a test run yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.