New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: mayfield lake ny  (Read 4466 times)

Offline mayfield

• Team IceShanty Regular
mayfield lake ny
« on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:08 PM »
any one fishing mayfeild this week??? about 5 to 6 inches perch are hitting pretty good . caught a northen on a jig rod Saturday
race my mower all summer  and race to a flag in the winter

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
Re: mayfield lake ny
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:34 PM »
can we still park and walk down form the pump house?
Any snow on the ground for pulling a sled?
thanks for the info...almost went there this morning... :-\ but didn't want to deal with the drag up the hill without any snow on the ground.  :P

Offline mayfield

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:38 PM »
lol yea the hill found a easy way around that Saturday . yea theirs a little snow  on the walk down. pump house parking is open  u going tomarrow

Offline zario_1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:46 PM »
The lake is starting produce better than it was at first. i have been hitting the bluegill pretty well and a few crappie. I'll be out hoping to get into a good school in the morning.

Offline mayfield

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:52 PM »
ill be thier around 6am  every day i can. only cought  2 crappie  thier 12 &14 last year

Offline zario_1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2010, 06:56 PM »
hey Mayfield i just sent you a pm

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:20 PM »
ill be thier around 6am  every day i can. only cought  2 crappie  thier 12 &14 last year
you have a pic of those crappies?  i haven't seen a crappie that big come out of that lake in 20 yrs.  9 inchers and paper thin is all i have seen and i fish that lake all summer and winter.

Offline mayfield

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:24 PM »
i did on my phone but thats long gone got a camra just for fishing this year see what happens

Offline zario_1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2010, 07:30 PM »
 Thursday  the crappie was just shy of 12" all came jigging including the bullheads

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2010, 03:40 AM »
wow, very nice, that last few years it's been hard pressed to find any nice crappies, that lake gets pounded on, being it freezes 1st and then they travel it all winter long.

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:30 AM »
Was out jigging Sunday ....Caught a Nice 12" and 10" Crappie, a couple bluegills .....many dinker perch, 2,3,4,5,6" ........ 6inches of ice, and a little snow. Makes it easy to walk and pull a sled.

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2010, 11:45 AM »
any meat on the crappie or are they paper thin?  maybe some bigger ones got in from the res. a few years back when the water was over the bridge locks.  have seen and caught a lot of big pike and smallies in the little lake since that.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Interesting.  A few years back the lake's panfish pounded incessantly for a few years and that put quite a damper on their population.    Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but we all know history repeats itself. :-\

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2010, 02:13 PM »
Interesting.  A few years back the lake's panfish pounded incessantly for a few years and that put quite a damper on their population.    Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but we all know history repeats itself. :-\

That is true, the Mayfield Grill tourny puts a hurtin on the lake every year.  Put 500 tip ups out there for 8 hrs with people keeping every dink panfish can not be good.  That lake is not tourny material.  Personally I would never post a topic about the lake.  Especially with those pics for everyone to see.  The lake is too small to advertise.

Offline mayfield

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:24 PM »
its a lake over sized pond what ever u want to call it .set a personal limit for your self.. i don't keep perch under 10 inches or any thing im not going to eat that night  .
had a good day saterday . but today only cought one perch today and well its swiming around some where . ] yea that terniment is carzy i left at 11 tomany people for a little lake

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:27 PM »

Double edged sword .... You know what I mean ..... :-\
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline SSminnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2010, 06:57 PM »

Double edged sword .... You know what I mean ..... :-\

I actually have no idea what you mean ??? ???

Offline Fishinkidd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 22, 2010, 06:25 PM »
I agree that that contest isn't great for that lake....but I would hope that people wouldn't keep every fish that they were not gonna enter into the contest. That lake isn't big enough for the 1000 tip ups it sees in that contest every year. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.