Author Topic: Plastics???  (Read 1875 times)

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plastics???
« on: Jan 24, 2009, 04:45 PM »
im new to ice fishing, i see alot of people talk about using plastics, im wondering why type,color, and size???

Offline stumplotmike

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Plastics???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Maki plastics are also infused with a fish catching scent.  He has 2-3 types of materials he puts together to make the scent.  IMO they are the best plastic out there....as the gentlemen said above...top of the line :)
In order to be the fish you've got to beat the fish

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:17 PM »
ok i think i will give them a try, but what colors do you suggest??

Offline paullo19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:51 PM »
Try whatever color you like.I have caught fish on black,white,purple,orange,chartruse,pink,glow,red and whatever else I can find. I like to use a contrast color,light jig,darker plastic and vise versa...Seems to work for me... ;)

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:31 PM »
little dinky tube jigs...little dinky mister twisters...sometimes cut the tube in half or the twister tail and just use the half a tube or the tail...crappies pounce on em in clear water....
It's all about Karma.....

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2009, 07:55 PM »
ok, so im new to this, so i will be asking many stupid questions...people say dark day-dark colors, and brite day-brite colors??? is this also true??

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Been doing well with these in addition to those already mentioned  www.icefishingtime.com Northlands Scud Bug has been doing very good in the weeds

Offline paullo19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2009, 09:41 AM »
It may be true for some people but I like to be different. :o I prefer to go the opp....dark days brite colors,glows seem to excel,brite days,darker colors. If something doesn't work then keep on changing till you find what is...Simple as that  :laugh:

Offline fiesty

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2009, 07:34 PM »
ditto...keep trying till you find your niche....I prefer darker colors in the clear water lakes and ponds, and brighter colors when we find silt...depends on the body of water....practice makes almost perfect...
It's all about Karma.....

Offline FishingNy03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2009, 07:06 PM »
well i found a new love with a sweedish pimple, the yellow one tipped with a perch eye, the perch love it, but i will have to try the plastics soon, i picked up some 1 inch tube jigs, and some jig skirts

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.