Author Topic: glow jigs  (Read 11566 times)

williebe50

glow jigs
« on: Dec 02, 2002, 02:59 PM »
what is the best or prefered way of recharging a glow jig such as Angel eye's or glow devils,, LED light, Tazer, camera flash??
Thanks
Willie ???

a8point

Re: glow jigs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2002, 04:28 PM »
We take a colmen lantern out on the ice with us and use it to recharge the glowies one night we were catching some large pearch just after dark out in front of the 400 club and now and then slapping a spoon down the hole to get some wallygators we did quite well that night.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2002, 05:31 PM »
They make a high intensity light specificly for charging lures. I'll try and find the manufacture and post it.

Offline upsavr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2002, 09:11 PM »
do glow jigs really work
and what do they work for?

Offline holeinhide

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • have ice will fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2002, 12:28 AM »
yes they work at night for all types of fish if yuo ice fish at night just try one and see. i like the cubby minimite in glow for perch and crappie.

Offline Fishinut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig-A-Man Jigs!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2002, 10:29 AM »
i think in gunna get some, sound like they work
Many are cold, but few are frozen

Offline upsavr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2002, 10:35 AM »
do u only use glow jigs to fish at night  or do u use during day?

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2002, 11:44 AM »
I use glow lures at all times during the day. Depending on the ice, snow, and water quality they can be great during the day for a variety of species.

Offline fishbizbob

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2002, 05:31 PM »
Custom jigs has the best glow charging light on the market.
Make sure you order the Purple UV, they are the only company with a high intensity UV bulb.

www.customjigsandspins .com

yes, glow makes a huge difference, especially in darker waters or deeper water.

Panman

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2002, 01:31 PM »
Glow Jigs work really well for me too. Another thing that has added to my sucess is flouracarbon leader. Virtually invisable in the water. Try it, you'll like it !!! ;)

Offline mnfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2002, 09:59 AM »
Almost anywhere you go you will see some sort of light that is used for getting the glow back in your jigs.  I bought one at the local bait store.  It uses a blue light and it is actually pretty bright.  Unfortunetly it doesn't charge up the jig enough to keep it glowing for a long time.  My buddy uses an old camera flash.  That seems to be the best option.  Bad thing is he is always forgetting to turn it off when he is done fishing...

Glow jigs do work.  They will also work in the summer if you find jigs that have glow paint on them.

MNwalleyeGUY

« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2002, 06:40 AM »
I use glow jigs all the time for all kinds of fish.  I use a coleman lantern to recharge
them. ;)

Offline Fish247

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • So many fish, so little time!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2002, 12:42 PM »
I have found, for my money at least, that a $5 key chain size maglite works just fine for charging glow jigs!  The fish sure don't know the difference!

Eric :'( :)
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more serious than that!!

Offline bido

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • rip some lips!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2002, 03:20 PM »
i'll stick with my buddy's (beau) latern if that isnt around i'll use my digital camera flash works fine so that 5 or 8 or 10 dollor keychain i'll take that money for bait n beer  ;D ........

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2002, 03:03 PM »
A flashlight is all you need unless you are sending the lure down on a spot and waiting. I jig to find the fish, not to sit and wait. Before dark punch a bunch of holes, shallow, deep, on the slope, at the base of the slpoe, etc.. When the "heater" falls below the hills, you can move from hole to hole to find the fish, each time you move, put the flashlight on the lure and it will have enough "charge" for the that hole and more.

ipunch2u

« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2003, 07:24 PM »
Glow jigs are awesome at night and in dark water.

clysdale

« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2003, 06:02 PM »
just woundering what type of presentation does a guy use when fishing with a glow jig at nite and what would be the best rig to use and will walleyes hit this?

ipunch2u

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2003, 07:01 PM »
One presentation that works for me at night(mainly on crappies) is a glow Rat Finkee with a minnow.  The most important thing to remember when fishing glow jigs is to keep them a glowing ::)  Seriously sometimes I notice my buddy pull his out of the water and it doesnt even have a bit of glow left!  I never give mine a chance to "turn off".  I make sure to hit it with the light, blue L.E.D. for me,  every two - three mins :'(

ipunch2u

« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2003, 07:02 PM »
By the way I do usually catch more crappies than he does! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.