Author Topic: Fishing with Rod - Steelhead action and Ice Fishing  (Read 5919 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fishing with Rod - Steelhead action and Ice Fishing
« on: Apr 08, 2020, 12:24 AM »
Since moving to BC I feel like I've developed a friendship with one of the Youtube Creators I've always enjoyed watching. Fishing with Rod has helped intigrate me into the lowermainland fishing scene and I REALLY appreciate it.  So I always enjoy when we get a few moments to chat or hit the river for a bit.  We actually got out ice fishing this year, steelhead fishing for a few hours (each catching one) and he even came out one afternoon on the pond for some early season indicator fishing. He has recapped his last few months and the crazy COVID PANDEMIC in this video.

Check out his video review from today.  "I caught my biggest hatchery winter steelhead, failed in ice fishing, life turned upside down by the pandemic like everyone else, and did some backyard fishing with The Fishing Doctors Adventures this winter!"

THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fishing with Rod - Steelhead action and Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Thanks, Brandon, hmmm, funny thing that I was not invited to fish your private lake when I went from Ontario to Grande Cache in September to deliver my daughter's belongings....lol.her boyfriend, other half, partner works, transferred to Grande Cache Institution and should be there for the next 5 or so years.
Thanks for the adventure, my 2 daughters in Ontario are concerned that I am considering Alberta over Ontario for retirement. I loved it out in Grande Cache. Again great vid.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline HuyFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Thanks, Brandon, hmmm, funny thing that I was not invited to fish your private lake when I went from Ontario to Grande Cache in September to deliver my daughter's belongings....lol.her boyfriend, other half, partner works, transferred to Grande Cache Institution and should be there for the next 5 or so years.
Thanks for the adventure, my 2 daughters in Ontario are concerned that I am considering Alberta over Ontario for retirement. I loved it out in Grande Cache. Again great vid.

O REALLY? I thought Brandon invited us all over to his back yard. You musta missed out. We had a blast catching some nice rainbows and a couple cold ones.  ;D jkjk
https://www.youtube.com/c/HuyFishin
Follow like and subscribe! Appreciate the support!

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51 PM »

Grande Cache in Alberta???  That's 10 hours from where I live.  I live in British Colmbia.  You were still a long ways from the pond.  I'm not from Grande Cache, I've never spent much time there.  Maybe drove through a few times.  Glad you like it.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:01 PM »
No excuse Brandon I was in Mission, Abbotsford, Surrey, Vancouver and Maple Ridge for 2 weeks in Feb., I guess I must be that "oh that guy" I see where this is going....lol...jk. Have not fished out there in 10 years, last time was Peg Leg Bar on the Fraser just outside of Chilliwack.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Rod and Kitty are great people!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.