New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: “SANDY POND “by Boggey  (Read 132614 times)

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: “SANDY POND “by Boggey
« Reply #390 on: Dec 27, 2021, 10:43 PM »
Yo Freddy
Talkin about crafty old geezers, there are no “second places”, hands down, go look in the mirror.😁😁 am I right KP ?
Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #391 on: Dec 28, 2021, 04:47 AM »

Lol

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #392 on: Dec 28, 2021, 05:39 AM »
i have a secret  spot on sandy  pond and you'll never find it ....i avoid people looking  for  me with binoculars by dressing like a  seagull ......

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #393 on: Dec 28, 2021, 06:52 AM »
Yeh Trap, you and that elusive GoonBoy. The only way I know he is around is when I hear him swearing at the fish under his Snow White flip.🤪
Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #394 on: Dec 29, 2021, 02:22 PM »
Yo Freddy
Talkin about crafty old geezers, there are no “second places”, hands down, go look in the mirror.😁😁 am I right KP ?
Boggey
You are correct ol wise one!!!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #395 on: Dec 30, 2021, 04:27 AM »

Lol , after putting on 2.5 miles yesterday ,
 This morning I feel like an ol geezer

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #396 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:28 AM »
Lol , after putting on 2.5 miles yesterday ,
 This morning I feel like an ol geezer
You're still in ol buzzard status…. A few more years you’ll be an ol geezer!!!😜

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #397 on: Dec 30, 2021, 09:28 AM »

Funny thing last time I fished my cords he had a pine bow in a hole I drilled , came out and asked if I seen a marker , but of course I couldnt it was under my sno sled , 😜

Lmao  ;D ::) :tipup: Too funny, must be Release was with you. ;D

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #398 on: Jan 02, 2022, 06:36 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals
Looking up with the temps today and especially tonight. If we can keep the winds down we might, just might get a “lock up” on the ice.

I must admit, had to get the rust out on Friday, closed out  2021 with a northerly trip to Goose and managed a respectable day’s catch. Whipped my fishing buddy John for the first time ever. Even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.

Heck of a drive for 2 dozen fish. Hope we can get on home ice soon. I will drop a picture when and if we lock up. Think “COLD” friends.

Boggey

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #399 on: Jan 02, 2022, 07:04 AM »

Jim I’m  Glad you had success

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #400 on: Jan 02, 2022, 08:23 AM »
Lmao  ;D ::) :tipup: Too funny, must be Release was with you. ;D
Filet is the good guy…. That Release is always up to no good!! 😜. “That guy” with his pine tree branch GPS system isn’t too bright… even Release outwitted him that day. 😁

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #401 on: Jan 03, 2022, 06:22 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

5 degrees here on the shores of Sandy Pond. Light winds . Picture when I walk down to the ramp

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #402 on: Jan 03, 2022, 06:53 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

What a beautiful sight eh? It dropped a few more degrees by 7:45 to 3 degrees. The beauty of clear ice balanced with the first 2 spud strikes showing an inch and a half of ice at My ramp. Cheers, temps to remain cold and continue to build all day and tonight. Think cold my friends. Maybe tomorrow. Will do another ice check this evening.
Boggey

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #403 on: Jan 03, 2022, 06:56 AM »
Yo Jim that’s a pretty site..👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #404 on: Jan 03, 2022, 09:02 AM »

Looking good Jim

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #405 on: Jan 03, 2022, 02:56 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Just came back from ice check. Didn’t gain much ice even though the temp is at the days high of 16 degrees. 2 inches of ice about 10 feet from shore.

Don’t plan on venturing out any further till ice check tomorrow am. Not to worry  1 fow at that point.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #406 on: Jan 04, 2022, 08:14 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Touring trip around the Pond was not as good as I anticipated. Ice check at my ramp still just shy of 3”s average of three holes.

Stanley ramp was full 3”s at bottom of ramp, but 20 yards down the canal it dropped to 2 and a half inches.

Trip to WigWam ramp, cut 4 holes with spud, again average shy of 3 inches.

Similar at Ontario ramp. None are ready for this septuagenarian to venture out yet.

Thumb tip at 2 and 7/8 inches

Guess we are headed north again tomorrow.
Boggey

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #407 on: Jan 04, 2022, 05:41 PM »
it's   getting there  boggey but  be safe my friend you  don't need a wet leg

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #408 on: Jan 05, 2022, 04:37 AM »

It’s getting there Jim , good luck Jim if you go
 Yesterday  I and the goon waded through a truck load of dinks to keep a dozen or so apiece , but that’s ok I’m fishing

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #409 on: Jan 05, 2022, 07:59 AM »
That is some good progress Jim. One more cold night would be nice and NO SNOW!

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #410 on: Jan 06, 2022, 08:17 AM »
Yo Bruce & Freddy

Thought we were doing great on the ice build. Truly had 3 inches+ when I left for north country yesterday. Not only that it was so crystal clear you could see bottom clearly.

Fast forward to this morning. All along the shoreline, the ice has pulled back from the shore about 6 to 8 feet. Can’t get out to the ice mat to even check it. The water levels increases by 5 to 6 inches over night most probably due to the west wind that hammered us last night and today. The wind howeled all night and is still gusting heavily.

Never thought the wind had that much influence on the water elevation. Live and learn.

Snow driven by high winds are variably covering and sweeping the ice clean at this moment. I believe the ice mat is still locked. Couldn’t see any waves looking across to the cut.

Trust me, no one is getting on the ice today. I’m going north again tomorrow. Btw Freddy I did not go to LOTI. Went further north. Back to reality, my fishing bud , John spanked me as is normal, but I managed 26 nice keepers, enough to test my rusty fish cleaning skills last night.

Glad to here you and Goonboy got out and dusted off the cob webs. Hopefully, Friday night will solidify the waters edge so we can get out doing what we all like doing best without spending $25 in gas to get there eh.

Ice pullback from shore all around the Pond.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #411 on: Jan 06, 2022, 08:28 AM »

Thanks for the up date and pics 
 I hear ya on the gas

Offline Arkangel

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ArkAngel
« Reply #412 on: Jan 06, 2022, 10:31 AM »
Hello All...ArkAngel back online.

Thank you to all of my fellow PondRats (that's one word...Capitalized!) for the many updates and pics.  Cannot wait to dust off the gear and head north from Bing.

Just returned from Florida.  Nice to see the kids and grands - but I swear that state is going to snap off and sink into the Atlantic from shear population density....sheeeesh!  Makes me appreciate the North Country.

Anywho...I did not get a lot of "bites" on this forum in November - probably because it was too early in the season - but let's all consider a date (a Saturday, please) to hold our first annual "Sandy Pond Ice Shanty Fishing Tournament".

No fee's...no prizes... just to have a date on the calendar where like-minded folks gather to fish, swap stories and techniques and maybe catch a few fish.

I had originally hoped to have (multiple?) Executive "Bored" Meetings at the Sportsmans Club earlier in the fall...but alas...here we are in January.

Just throwing that out there...if that works for a bunch of us...great...if not...oh, well.

I'd sincerely like to meet some of you (I said some, not all ;D ) I've got a feeling I've either seen you or met some of you before as I'm a 32 year veteran of the Pond beaches, boating, fishing, camping)

Whaddya all think?  Hmmm?  Idea's...??? 
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after ~ Henry David Thoreau

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #413 on: Jan 07, 2022, 11:54 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Alas, good news. The noon ice check was favorable. A sincere harty honest 4 inch ice checkat multiple locations. This old geezer ain’t driving north tomorrow. “North” came to the Pond today.

If you’ve been following my postings I mentioned the rising water elevation the last 2 days leaving the main ice mat receding from the shore line. The water elevation has dropped back down to its previous water mark, leaving a sloped ramp from the shore down to the main ice mat. That slope is a little mushy covered with fresh fallen snow (about 1 inch at this writing). With tonight’s temperatures potentially in single digits, that mush should be crusty hard by morning.

Perhaps also adding additional thickness to the main ice mat as well . Barring a ton of fresh snow today and tonight the conditions should be great tomorrow. Hope to see some of my Pond buds tomorrow .

Now keep in mind old Boggey ain’t making any recommendations as to safety everywhere on the Pond. Just telling you what I have observed and encountered during my brief forays along the Ponds perimeter. Please take your normal precautions noting early ice conditions. Make sure to carry and use your spud. Try to bring a friend with you. Stop and make frequent ice checks and share your conditions report with the rest of us for Sunday.

Please stay safe out there and share some pictures. Remember spud spud spud.
Boggey

Offline woodburn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #414 on: Jan 07, 2022, 05:21 PM »
i have a reserved parking place about 50 feet from your ramp. i'm retired try to get up during the week. if this weather would quit changing it would be nice. leaving for virginia and n carolina on the 21 st. Wife finally retired and its time to travel.

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #415 on: Jan 08, 2022, 04:45 AM »
What up goons 🤪😜😝
lets rip some lips its time to fish

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #416 on: Jan 08, 2022, 04:48 AM »
All you old goons need to do something besides check ice maybe fish a little 🤔 or read the paper instead lol 😆

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #417 on: Jan 08, 2022, 05:15 AM »
Yo Goon
Nice to know you are still able to sit up and take sustenance 😀.
3 degrees this morning. I expect to see only the most ardent and harty out there on the ice this morning so I will see you next time Goonboy.😁.

Old Boggey and Elvis are enjoying a birthday today. At this time I would like to dispell the conspiracy theories. Elvis really did pass from drug overdose. Although I am a dead ringer for Elvis and I am truly  a “hunka hunk of burning love”, I categorically deny I am not Elvis. So let’s put that rumor to bed. However , should you hear a few strains of “Love me Tender” wafting across the ice today, it is only me , doing my Tribute to the great one.

Just a brief moment of seriousness. Be safe this morning. Remember those gas holes almost always appear at the same locations year after year. I am one of the guys that drags the tree branch out on the ice to mark them. They are not demarcations of hot spots to fish. There is already a big long pressure crack running north and south about 500 feet in front of the WigWam ramp. As always my friends,stay safe out there. Bring the spud and use it. Spud spud spud.

Boggey

Offline goonboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #418 on: Jan 08, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Boggey im fishing just not there been on ice for three weeks bud , hope you have a good day and be safe out there

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #419 on: Jan 08, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Yo Jim Happy Birthday bud..🎂🎂
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.