The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: northern wisconsin reports  (Read 49226 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: northern wisconsin reports
« Reply #390 on: Dec 03, 2020, 07:25 PM »
St. Germain, Eagle River, Three Lakes: decent 2 inches most places. Some of it good enough to slide out on, chip a hole and not have water puke back up on the ice. Not great but there are some opportunities. Another week we should be at a good 4 - 6 inches!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

"Life's too short to worry, life's too long to wait..."

Offline fish_disco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #391 on: Dec 12, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Altoona and Wissota - places with 3 inches and some places nearing 5. Recent warm weather made the ice weak but a good cold snap and we're officially in business. Some people out 100 feet from the beach on Altoona(word of mouth) and I plan on going and checking tomorrow.

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #392 on: Dec 15, 2020, 11:31 AM »
Ice has been okay. Have a few spots  5+ that I have been hitting. Other spots are not so good.

Last night and today should really help build another 2-4'' in the sketchy spots.

Be safe, I was walking on 4-6 pokes of the spud and all of a sudden 1 poke. An inch of snow makes it difficult right now to indicate thinner ice.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #393 on: Dec 17, 2020, 07:31 AM »
There will be ATVs on the ice around Hayward this weekend. Saw snowmobiles on several lakes. I had 4-6" on the 3 lakes I fished yesterday. Just hope the snow holds off.
Da Pack!

Offline pdsniper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #394 on: Dec 17, 2020, 10:14 PM »
That's great news, thanks for the report.  I'm headed up in less than two weeks and was starting to worry.  Thanks again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.