Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1620027 times)

Offline walleyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Em !!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10950 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Can't believe I'm pretty much stuck in the house on a beautiful Sat. Wouldn't you know it earlier in the week I was loading my quad onto the trailer getting ready to head out on the ice the next morning. I have a quite heavy ramp that slides and keeps under the trailer. I was pulling out the ramp to load the quad but pulled it out a bit to far and wasn't expecting to pull it all the way out when I did it dropped to the ground jerking it out of my hands and it slammed down on my foot smashing a couple toes quite severely. I was quite concerned I cut them off the pain was very excruciating. Broke a couple toes pretty bad so here I sit, can't get my large felt pack boots on to head out. It's driving me nuts what a waste of time. I head back to work Wednesday for two weeks so at least it should be healed well enough by then but man talk about a bummer.
Westerner by birth, Canadian by law, Albertan by the grace of God.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10951 on: Dec 16, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune walleyes :'(  hope your toes heal quickly & you can get on some ice soon  ;)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10952 on: Dec 16, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Afternoon, Gang

We got about 3 in. from this one, very light & fluffy powder, cleaned the small decks & walkways with a cedar work broom, nice, temps. with the sun helping to get near 40,
     light breeze

Continued success and good news with Ryan, with years of good fortune in the future to follow

I am interested in knowing what the part/parts were that needed to be replaced with the snow plow equip., something doesn't sound right about it

I had 'dog sitting duty' yesterday, Fish 307 just wasn't in the 'cards' for me, hope all had a good time

At least some kind of check-in once daily is needed for safety/ security

Some of the smaller ponds are skimmed over this way, but you can see that they still need more work before being ready to fish

When I look at the regs. for NJ fishing anymore, the changes are so confusing, some of the newbie CO's don't ever know what to do - At least here we do not have to worry
     about 'certified bait' - For me, jigs and spoons-plastics-freeze dried-bottled

To all that are finishing up hunting season with bow or black powder, good luck

Stay Warm-Be Safe-Have Fun-Tight lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #10953 on: Dec 16, 2017, 08:11 PM »
Evening folks!! I'm gonna post to nite cause I won't have time in the morning. Pig harvest went well all 4 are dressed and hanging these pigs were big. 3 dressed between 250 lbs and 255lbs the 4th dressed in at 289lbs. Also while we harvested them the last pig did something I havery only heard of called phantom pig. After we shor it and bled it out it started to breath again and started to grunt. When this happens are supposed to remove the entire head,the pig was still breathing and grunting with no head kind of weird to see for sure. Tmrw there will be 4 of us in the butcher shop.hope to bang these things out quik. Need to be home to watch the steelers pats game, should be a great game.

Hope everyone had a great nite and have a great day Tmrw I will check in Tmrw afternoon take care all

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10954 on: Dec 16, 2017, 09:22 PM »
I slept in this morning, then had a heck of a time getting my get up and go, shifted out of neutral  ::)  Mrs lost a couple more fingernails, watching her Jawhawks,  excape Lincoln, Nebraska with a one point win.  :blink: Now shes watching the Chiefs.

Got some tackle sorted out, Vexilar on the charger.  Tied up some wax worm jigs/flies.  Now I am back in neutral. ;D

Eyes, bummer on the toes, ouch.

MW do I smell bacon smoking ?  Your hair stand up a little when it started grunting, think mine would.

Marv hope your deer sticks turn out real good, but sounds like they will be perfect.

Well here to a better tomorrow for all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10955 on: Dec 17, 2017, 03:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fairly calm and 11* to start the day, high in the upper 20's here today. Some very sad news over in the NY conditions section of 2 guys who fell through the ice, one didn't make it the other in bad shape. Please be safe out there everyone.

Capt.54...sounds like it would be beneficial having a law degree hunting in PA, wow!  ;D 
  Marv..probably no need to ask, but how did those venison sticks turn out...yum!! Sounds like the ladies found a hidden gem with that butcher shop... :thumbsup:
  Jeff..that's awesome you had a chance to meet up and have dinner with with Steve!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Good luck today if you're drilling holes, be safe out there.   :icefish:
  Wally...was thinking of you while the snow showers fell here yesterday, hope you didn't get dumped on yesterday. I forgot to mention to you about the tree at the Capitol coming from your area as well, lol. I've got a picture of it I took at 5am one day. Maybe if I send to Marv he could post it? Good luck to Mr.WW if he's hunting today, hope the pole barn gets completed soon!  :thumbsup:
 H2...sure is funny how those big bucks start showing up after the season is over! Hope your brother is coming along better, nice job on bringing him some venison stew!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..way to go helping out the neighbor, you've gotten a lot of snow there this season already...must be making up for that lack of rain earlier this year.  ;D
  Walleyes...ouch on toes, man oh man!! Hope you're feeling a bit better today, best wishes on a speedy recovery, dang!  :thumbsup:
  MW..sounds like you had a busy day and another one coming with the hogs! That had to be crazy hearing the pig after it was bleed out, never heard of that before!  :woot:
  Capt.Jim...glad to hear some ice is forming down your way now, hope the colder weather makes it there soon. How's your back coming along?   :thumbsup:
  Bud..sounds like you're ready for the ice!! Maybe one of those higher elevation lakes should be tried just to cure the itch?   ;D

The deer hunting was pretty slow yesterday, thought for sure they'd be moving, didn't see a tail. Hunted on my sons property for a few hours in the morning and the last 2 hours in the afternoon...lots of sign, but that was about it.
  Going to try some State land this morning, sit until 8:30am, then still hunt for a bit, some errands need to be done late morning....see how it goes. Starting to get the itch for the ice now....
  Many thanks on the continued thoughts and prayers for baby Ryan...word yesterday was everything still going well.   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's brewing...lots of cupcakes under the dome if anyone has a sweet tooth this morning!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10956 on: Dec 17, 2017, 05:19 AM »
Good Morning, Good Luck this morning, Eddie, coffee and cup cake sounds about right.  Yeah got the itch, but not going to press my luck, even with a float suit.  No need to get the sled, or stroller out just yet.  Guessers now think some snow Thursday, will wait and see.  come to think I should get some fresh gas for the snow blower, Sad to read about those going though early ice  :(

Oh, for some reason I was thinking its Monday.  Must be because I will be going to work at 4:00 PM that is.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10957 on: Dec 17, 2017, 05:23 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck in the stand this morning Eddie! Hope today is the day! Here is the tree you sent me. It looks beautiful! I can't imagine it in person :thumbsup: Good job WW :clap: :clap:

MW hope the butchering went well :thumbsup:

WW sorry to hear about the holdup with the pole building :%$#!: Hope you have a new report on the fisherman that fell through.

The venison sticks were excellent however the ride there and back was a bugger :%$#!: The roads were greasy and there were a few cars in the ditch along with one semi. We stopped out at the spearing lake and all we saw were people on shore eating brats wondering where to go next. Looks like it will be awhile yet.

Best of luck to everyone hitting the woods or venturing out on the lakes :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10958 on: Dec 17, 2017, 05:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 6* and no wind yet, good ice making weather! :clap:
                         Eddie.........Late season hunting seems to be hard, the deer don't act the same as they do during the
                early season produces! :o I'm glad to hear that baby Ryan is still on the continued positive mend. :flex:
                         MW........I've seen that twice during the 18+ years of raising pigs, it is creepy to say the least! :wacko:
                         Wally.....We got a couple of snow showers here yesterday, we got about 1/2" out of them. I hope you
                didn't get much more than that. ???
                         Tom......It seems that a lot of us here on the Shanty help a lot of people out, a big thumbs up to you
                for being one of the helpful ones. :thumbsup:
                         walleye......Sorry to hear about your toes and ruining your trip, I hope the swelling goes quickly and
                you mend so you can get out! :flex:
                         I just realized I still have my ground blind set up so I will go over to get that out of the woods, fortunately
                it is tucked under a couple of pine trees so there shouldn't be too much snow on it. :o
                         I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out in the woods or on the ice!
                         I see Marv posted while I was typing, nice picture Marv!

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10959 on: Dec 17, 2017, 06:01 AM »
Good Morning ER's nice to hear that Ryan is doing well and on the mend. Eddie good luck on your hunt this morning. Sad to hear about the ones that went through hope the 2nd one is ok now. I'll try my maiden voyage out on the ice today. It will be warm 30-34 degrees. I'll stay shallow to be a little safer. Hope everyone has a good day today.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10960 on: Dec 17, 2017, 06:26 AM »
-3 this morning. No new pets in my house this morning.
Eddie, Hope you had some good luck this morning. Most of the deer I saw yesterday, were laying down next to big white pines. Did see a few on their feet just a dark. One nice buck.
I saw tip-ups in the ice yesterday morning. They were no more than 20 feet off shore. Water can't be more than 2 or 3 feet deep. Didn't see the fishermen, but I didn't see a big wet spot on the ice, so he must have been sitting in his car.
I have been seeing quite a few trucks with snow machines heading North. The next season is upon us.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10961 on: Dec 17, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Morning all,

OG.....be safe out there on the ice & enjoy   :icefish: hope you fill your bucket  ;)

WS.....thanks for sending along Eddie's tree picture  :thumbsup:  funny how far that tree has "traveled" & how many people it's now "connected"  :clap: from what I read this morning 1 guy didn't survive, the other is hanging on for now  :'(  very sad start to the season for sure  :( :(

Eddie....thanks for sharing the tree picture (see WS above  :roflmao:)  sorry to hear the hunting didn't pan out yesterday  :(  may today be THE day  ;)

MW.....think I'd have been heading for the hills, screaming like a little girl when the pig started breathing & grunting  :o :unsure: :woot: things like that are why I buy my meat already in neat little packages  ;D enjoy the game go steelers  ;)2

CapJim....the certified bait rule is  :cookoo: :%$#!: especially the 10 day limit on keeping it  >:(  hope the tile job goes smoothly  @)

IW....ended with a couple more inches last night, sun is out this morning tho  :)  cold & calm right now  :thumbsup:  looking at some warmer temps with some rain early week, should help settle the snow on the thin ice, maybe we can start building some again then  :thumbsup:  how's your brother doing, is he meeting his Christmas goal in his recovery  ???

IFF....hope business is brisk today and time flies by  :)  good plan waiting a while for safe ice  :thumbsup: :bow:  no point in testing the float suit  ::)

Have a good day at work, play, on the ice or in the woods!! Stay safe.

Morning H2L.....no new pets  :clap: :thumbsup: :woot:  good luck bowling tonight  ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10962 on: Dec 17, 2017, 07:07 AM »
Morning all..    Just dropped to -4* now...   Last day of selling chritsmas trees and than its time for ice fishing...
There were guys out on local waters yesterday but I'm going to wait till next weekend, well unless a buddy calls me tomorrow.... ::)
 Here is a great video (a little grateful dead) to start your sunday morning..  Some of you might remember these guys that are dancing.... ;D

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10963 on: Dec 17, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Thanks for the laughs this morning Raquette  :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10964 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Good Sunday morning everyone had a reply typed last night hit post and lost my inter net connection.  :%$#!: Good trip to the Adirondacks  nice to see Ice Wanderer nice dinner at local bar and grill . The open house at Fish 307 was well attend went to seminar on tip up tactics then left for outlet malls around 11:30 and on the highways for home buy 12;30 between rest stops and side trip to see if a bait shop was still in business made it home safely around 3:45 PM. You could tell the locals from us visitors ,locals  wearing fleece jackets /hoodies  my self and others from outside area winter jackets. Besides attending the open house did some Christmas shopping in Warrensburg is the now famous Oscars smoke house thanks to Food Tv star Rachel Ray who grew up in the area. I was one of the early morning customers picking up some items for my sister and her family. After checking out of hotel drove to Lake George you can see parts of lake from roadway steam/mist coming off the lake chilly 5 degree reading on vehicle thermometer .It is funny how you always meet people with connect to your home area while on a trip talked with one fellow who now lives locally but grew up in Beacon (across Hudson river from me0 and had an aunt who lived in my town. Also spoke with 2 brothers who now reside in Albany region used to live in  New Paltz which is north of me. The brothers are jus getting into ice fishing and were looking at hook set/jaw jacker rod holders . I pointe across room to fellow I.S. member Finders Keepers (Tim Thomas) who is a Frabrill pro-team member and Automatic Fishermen rep. and said speak with that gentlemen did see the boys speaking with him later. Tim runs a state wide fishing tournament he was there promoting it. I picked up a present for my sister at LL Bean one cashier saw I.S. patch on my jacket and said what is team Ice Shanty told website for ice fishing anglers with 78 thousand members world wide and that I was in town for event at Fish 307.
IFF appears we may have a future "Robin Hood" in the making. Good to hear bussiness volume increasing at store hectic at times but makes the day go faster. Think your wife needs a pillow to punch while watching sporting events.
Captain 54 is difficult keeping up with all the changing regulations everywhere.
Whopper Stopper enjoy the venison sticks thanks for posting Eddie's photo.
Eddie nice photo  may Ryan's health keep improving . Best of luck with deer pursuit.
Mealworm nice job with parking lot sanding. Your hog butchering story reminds me of relative who lived in northern Maine for a while and raised chickens she used to tell about the bird would sometimes still run around after head was removed while butchering.
Hunts2long glad wife did not bring home new friend from aspca event .
Mr.Turkey good work helping neighbor with car.
Wallyworld may third attempt at door install get the job finished. Sad story about western Ny. fishermen happens somewhere every year during early ice formation.
Walleyes welcome to the thread may your injury heal quickly.
Captain Jim in the Future let step daughter watch the dog and make the journey to Lake George and Fish 307 small but well stocked store. your wife can shop at outlet malls. Just don't give her any of your credit cards. :whistle:
Raquettedacker may you sell off any remaining trees. thanks for the video and memories great cast on the Honey Mooners Jackie and Art played so well off of each other.
Old Goat hope you find ice to your liking be safe out there good fishing.
Have a safe and good day . Be cautious if checking any lakes.
Steve

PS. Ice Shanty Admin. could you please bring spell check to version 4.0 thank you

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10965 on: Dec 17, 2017, 09:13 AM »
Back for another try at getting a post to go through. It is all Raq's problem as he posted while I was hunting and picking. I saw the red post warning but still lost it Now to try and remember what I tried to post.

RAQ Any one that watched the honeymooners will never for get it. There was a lot of good comedy back then with out any of the vulgar stuff of today that comedians think they have to say to be funny.

It is in the low 20's this morning. It got to the upper 30's in the southern lower yesterday s while we never got out of the 20's. sorry for the negative temps you are getting to the east. We wanted to share it with you unlike WS hogging all the rain for him self us last summer. ;) NO snow so all I have to do is push a little snow off of a couple of decks today. Maybe I can get some other things caught up today.

We are guessed to get a slight warm up this week so maybe the snow will settle. The snow mobiles are running in the grass as there is no base to keep them out of it

Captjim We used to have the same bait rule. Thankfully it was done away with as I could keep minnow long after the time limit ran out. The guy I bought them from would print me out another receipt to keep me legal.

H2L In Michigan some CO's would write you a ticket if you were not on the ice with the tip ups and sitting in your car.

It ended up being three neighbors helping get the gal unstuck. One was the step daughter of the guy next door that I do not get along with. Maybe meeting me she will not believe all the stuff he is telling her about me now. Like I have said before helping someone else is what the world was like when I grew up. Unlike things are now with so many. It is all about me and the to heck with the rest of you.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10966 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:11 PM »
Evening all,

Surprise surprise surprise.....the guys came and finished up the barn today  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:  guess they were able to pick up the missing rail yesterday afternoon

Did a little puttering in the kitchen while I waited for things to warm up outside  ;)2

Chex mix

peppermint oreo cookie balls

Made it all day with no snow (so far anyway)  :clap:  rain forecast for tomorrow  :(  maybe some more kitchen time in order  ;)

Have a pleasant evening. Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10967 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:40 PM »
I'm glad you got the barn finished!!  :thumbsup: But looking at the other pics made me gain weight by just looking at them!!  Temps in the 40's and drizzle here! What snow we had is gone and the ice is disappearing quickly! :%$#!: I hope everyone has a good evening!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10968 on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:24 AM »
Good morning All!  Wow, this thread is getting harder and harder to keep up with! lol!  So many with so much going on.  I was able to get on the ice Saturday with a couple of other locals.  We all had our safety gear at the ready and were very cautious the entire time we fished.  We set up in 8-10 fow close to shore and had between 2.5 and 3”.  We fished for about 4 hours or so and caught a bunch of perch, mostly dinks with a few nicer ones mixed in.  My one LX-7 gave me fits all afternoon, but I think I got my issue figured out yesterday with some help from 3300.  This week will be bad for the ice with temps in the 40s and rain on Friday and maybe Saturday, so will not likely get out again until after Christmas.  It was great to scratch the itch though!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a good start to the work week.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10969 on: Dec 18, 2017, 02:49 AM »
Good Morning DN and all ER's nice to here you scratched the itch. I was going to get out yesterday but closed my eyes for a second and fell asleep. It is hard to keep up with everyone and what's going on. DN 2.5 -3 with others is pushing it a bit. Glad you caught fish and some more 7 ideas to dial it in. Have a good day all.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10970 on: Dec 18, 2017, 03:17 AM »
Good Morning Ninja, OG! Good Morning everyone :bow:

Ninja good to hear you made it out. We have a snow event moving in Wednesday-Thursday that has a possibility of dumping some heavier snow amounts. I am still chomping about heading north for a day or two looking for some walleyes before it hits.

Congratulations on the dandy barn WW :thumbsup: Looks very nice! The other pictures look pretty dang good too!  :clap:

Eddie sorry to hear you didn't have success in the stand butI know what you mean about being out in nature deer or not :thumbsup:

I have to keep moving this morning. I have an appointment down in the jungle first thing to get some grinding done for a crown. I decided I might as well get it done before the end of the year.

I am leaning hard heading north Wednesday night and fishing Thursday on a lake 100+ miles north of me. Now I have to see if their snow storm prediction holds together or not. It is supposed to get very cold heading into the Christmas weekend. We have 4 Christmas engagements that are going to make getting away tough for at least 2 weeks. Time will tell.

Best of luck no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe everyone !

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10971 on: Dec 18, 2017, 04:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  20* and calm this am, a bit milder today with a high near 35. The deer hunting was pretty slow again for me yesterday. Didnt see anything in the morning, saw one Doe in the afternoon that was smart enough to stay on some Posted property I don't have permission to hunt...lol. The season ends Tuesday, so I'm thinking I just might take off at lunch tomorrow and go for it... ;D

Mike..looks like some of your weather is making its way here, milder temps for the next few days.
  Wally...congrats on the pole barn being finished, awesome!!   :clap:  Another fine looking batch of Christmas treats, those peppermint Oreo balls got my attention, scarf!!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..agree it's a changing world for sure, but it sure is nice seeing/hearing people helping others out. That's one really unique thing about this thread, it seems to happen a lot here!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve..sounds like you had an excellent get away to the Lake George area, nice!! Hope a few us can manage a trip out on Lake George this season!   :thumbsup:
  H2...that's good news on no new pets, lol, tough to do after seeing them all looking for a home. Saw 5 guys out yesterday fishing a smaller high elevation lake I was going to check. They had 2 flags while I chatted with them...small perch, but it was a nice sight! How's the bowling?
  Dom..did you sell out the Christmas tree's?  For some reason the video wont come up, stays black on my screen.. :%$#!:   Best of luck with the Icefishing and the time off!   :thumbsup:
 OG..looking forward to how your first trip went yesterday, hope some of those new lures iced a few!   :icefish:
  Jeff..this deer season kinda reminded me of hunting back in the late 70's again when I first started, deer were pretty scarce it seemed. Many of the tracks I saw in the snow yesterday seemed to have a coyote track following. Did you get your blind out of the woods..or go fishing?
  Marv..Thank You for posting the tree, nice job Sir!  :clap:  Hope the weather cooperates out there for you soon and the spearing shack gets a good work out this season. What's on the agenda today?
  Capt.Jim..good luck with the tile job today! The 10 day bait limit rule here in NY is rediculous...I still can't understand why the same minnows are no good on the 11th day...but things like this are typical here in NY!!    ;D

Wow, only one week until Christmas again...everybody done shopping yet?
  I received another text from my niece yesterday. Baby Ryan is doing well, has one issue with fluid build ups that they are keeping a close eye on, but plans are for the removal of the breathing tube today. His blood pressure and other stats are right where they belong, so he's in a good place right now with his recovery!  :clap: 
  Time to get ready for another day...so many Thanks to everyone for the continued thoughts and prayers, they are greatly appreciated everyone!!   :bow:
  Cawfee's on...looks like Quaker Oats will be on the menu this morning.   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Good Morning Mr.Ninja, Marv, OG....started my post about an hour ago and in between 2 loads of laundry, lol.
 Congrats on the early Icefishing Mr.Ninja... :thumbsup:
  Marv..good luck at the dentist today!
  OG..best of luck if heading out today!   :icefish:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10972 on: Dec 18, 2017, 04:18 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       13* b here on my hill a little warmer today!
                       Eddie........I didn't get out yesterday, I went and got my ground blind out of the woods then I had a funeral
              to attend. >:( The friend that passed away was a guy I worked with 30 years ago when I was doing carpenter work, we then worked
              together in 1999, then he worked with #2 son doing poured foundations.  ???
                       WS.........what's on your plate today?
                       D/N .......good going getting on the ice.
                       Today I have a doctors appointment at the VA in Albany.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10973 on: Dec 18, 2017, 04:39 AM »
Good Morning ER's  I was just about to start typing and see Eddie got some laundry done, Was going to add some last evening about nice to see the pictures of the door got finished  :thumbsup: and the goodies are ready to taste, trouble with those things are I would have to have more than one.  ::)

I awoke at 3:00, and first thing I checked was the outdoors temp.  23* and along with Marv,  expecting some ice making temps for my home lake.
to roll in about the same days, like Thursday right up to and including the 25th.  Pretty sure the Mrs will be ready to say  :nono: :nono: at any attempt to go fishing.

I better get a cup of coffee before it runs out,  On the way to work I see the gas gauge reading was pretty low, pulled into a station near work, only to find I had left my wallet at home  :%$#!: :cookoo: and sure enough, the low fuel lit up when I started home.  So that is going to be first thing, after breakfast.  Will take the pickup and gas up some cans, to have here at the house in case some will be needed for any snow Thursday - Friday.

Nice you got to scratch the first ice DN  :thumbsup:

Eddie, Good luck if you head out of work early to go on the hunt.  Oat meal sounds good to me too.

Jeff, went zooming threw, while I was still typing, regular checkup at the VA ?

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10974 on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:09 AM »
anyone know how to turn the computer screen back to normal this one is now 90 degrees off

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10975 on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:55 AM »
My outdoor thermometer says 32* this morning. It has been stuck at 31* for quite a while the temps were in the low 20's and below. I finally went looking for it to see what was wrong yesterday. It was not where it was supposed to be so I got the shovel and dug it out of the snow. It was actually reading the ground temperature as it was on the bare ground underneath the snow. With the insulting of the snow shows why we are not making ice with the snow on it.

WW The wife started baking cookies yesterday. She always waited until the last minute to bake them. I told her my mother started long before Christmas and kept them in sealed containers . No one knew the difference.  I have the big old marshmellow tin that we all ways got fillled with cookies every Christmas. I can remember shelling almonds with her for her almond cressent cookies when in the shell was the only way you could get them. She blanced and roasted them before chopping them up into little piecies before she made the cookies. I miss all of the geat thing she used to make. I have a lot of the recipes but like always they never taste the same. It must be her love that is the missing ingrediant. I am sure that every cookie you bake has the same amount of love in it.
It was good to see that the pole barn is finally closed up and secure.
Up early to get to a DR's appontment in the city. Same thing tomorrow for an appointment for the wife. These should be the last appointments til next year. I hope so anyway.

Eddie I used to get chewed out by my nephew's wife when I called on Sunday morning from the goose or duck blind knowing I could catch my nephew getting ready for chuch. It was the only time I knew he would be there. I always told her that I was enjoying what God gave me in nature.

It is great to here that Ryan is doing well. I am sure they will figure out a fix for the fluid retention. It sounds like he is in a great place.

Like Mr Clean spell check is not working again this morning.  If it does try to work it spells worse than I do.

OG I see you posted while I was typing. Maybe it is telling you that you need to be laying in bed working on the computer.  ;D

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10976 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:12 AM »
got it figured out don't ask me how though a little easier on the neck now

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10977 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:14 AM »
12 overnight but up to 19 already.
Eddie, hunting season has to be about over down there. Not sure if bowling sucks or I do. I have been seeing some nice deer along the roads where I hunt, so some made it.
Tom, NYS Econ will write you up if you are not with you tip-ups. I think it depends on how far away you are and what kind of a day they are having.
WW, new barn looks good. Now more toys. My nephew has been building one (50x 48) with car port across the back and he has already said, "I hope it is big enough." He has a landscape business, plus his toys. He is also a CO at one of the jails.
Wife and oldest are heading out to Saratoga this morning. They baked last night so I have dishes to do. Taking it easy the rest of the day, getting ready for our trip to the Big City in the morning.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10978 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Morning  to all.
Watched most of the Steelers game and a tough loss. Oh well glad you got on the ice DN. I'm not going on 2.5 -3 but I'm glad go guys didn't go for a swim. Looks bad for Pa.ice as usual. The last three years in a row now with little or marginal ice. I hope it's not another yo yo winter. At least last winter I enjoyed rabbit hunting with my outstanding beagle Bella,but unfortunately I had to put her down last March due to a spinal disease at the young age of 4. I'm looking for the right pup or young started dog,even though the Mrs said I'm to old for another dog. I my opinion you're never to old for anything you want to do. I hope it gets really cold or stays warmer than freezing temperatures so I can open water fish Presque Isle for perch all winter. Last year made several great trips on true jumbo perch 12"-15.5". I need some fun. What to do? We still got 3 months to go. lol Wishing for ICE........ I bought a new Marcum last winter at the end of the season,I been a Vex man for 17 years,like to see the damm thing get some use. lol

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10979 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....no new toys PLEASE  :nono: :roflmao: that's quite the barn your nephew is building, almost 2x the size of ours (24x30)  :o  they're never big enough tho  :-\  safe travels to the city tomorrow

WS....hope your dentist visit is pain free  :pinch:  good luck IF you head north  :flex: PLEASE be careful (sorry, the "mom" snuck out for a second there)

Eddie....it's been a tough season all over   :-\  good luck if you decide to sneak out for an afternoon  :thumbsup:

DN.....glad to hear you got out for a bit  :icefish:  happier still to know you're back on terra firma  :woot: :clap:

IFF....my father always told me " it's just as easy to keep the top 1/2 of the tank full as it is the bottom 1/2"  ;)  to this day I start looking for a station when the gauge hits 1/2  :roflmao:  hope the arctic blast comes your way   :)

Cap54....I agree, either freeze the darn lakes or don't, this in between stuff sucks  >:(

IW.....after you mentioned getting your ground blind out yesterday,  I went back in the woods and checked on the neighbor's blind.......caved in from the snow  :thumbsup: :roflmao: :clap: :whistle:  good luck in Albany, hope the shoulder's better  ;)

TT....your Mom sounds like a wonderful baker and a hard working woman :bow: :thumbsup:  air tight containers are a MUST this time of year  ;)  you are right, the recipes passed down are never quite the same  :'( 

MrC.....hope things aren't too crazy this week at work  :wacko:  glad you had a good trip north  :thumbsup:

MrWW's brother shot a buck yesterday  :flex:  MrWW is still on the prowl for these last couple days  :-\  I'll be in the kitchen again today  ;)2

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.