Author Topic: A 'chuck wagon' sled??  (Read 3168 times)

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
A 'chuck wagon' sled??
« on: Dec 01, 2006, 09:12 AM »
I love to eat on the ice, and I usually have a coleman stove, a skillett, a kettle, coffee perculator, cooler of grub (and beverages), last christmas I got one of those fold up tables to cook on, seasonings, and on and on...so Im thinking of designing a little sled that can hold all of this stuff, and one of the boys can be in charge of pulling it out....that way, all this stuff stays separate from my fishing stuff, that i haul out in my jet sledd

How does everyone else get all their 'stuff' onto the ice....

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: A 'chuck wagon' sled??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2006, 10:32 AM »
I was up to Sioux Narrows, Ontario a few years ago chasing lake trout. We set up on a spot about midday and drilled our holes. A bit later a single sled pulled up to something on shore. He opened the sides of an enclosure built on a trailer and it turned out to be a grill and all the acoutrements. He fired it up and soon a group of about ten sleds pulled up. They had this set up self contained, camouflage painted, and prepositioned for the lunches for their clients on guide trips. We didn't get close but it looked like a pretty slick setup.

I do not take much out but a coleman stove, pan, water, cooler, small folding table. If I am out alone then a couple sandwiches and a thermos do me fine.

I do not have a particular setup. One sled for fishing stuff, one for other stuff.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2006, 10:34 AM »
We try to keep the food in a different sled from the power auger...that way if gas leaks it doesn't contaiminate the food.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2006, 07:08 PM »
When I was in the boy scouts we used some kitchen boxes made of plywood with conduit legs.  The legs came off and went in the box for transport.  I think they were about 24"x36"x18".  They opened on the long side in front.  The front hinged on the bottom and had a chain connecting it to the box to hold it up for a counter top.  Should be easy to adapt one to ice fishing, just put some skis on the bottom of it.

Darkhouse

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2006, 08:27 PM »
I was up to Sioux Narrows, Ontario a few years ago chasing lake trout. We set up on a spot about midday and drilled our holes. A bit later a single sled pulled up to something on shore. He opened the sides of an enclosure built on a trailer and it turned out to be a grill and all the acoutrements. He fired it up and soon a group of about ten sleds pulled up. They had this set up self contained, camouflage painted, and prepositioned for the lunches for their clients on guide trips. We didn't get close but it looked like a pretty slick setup.

I do not take much out but a coleman stove, pan, water, cooler, small folding table. If I am out alone then a couple sandwiches and a thermos do me fine.

I do not have a particular setup. One sled for fishing stuff, one for other stuff.
....oh my....my ever remembering mind....here's the link from 3 years ago bud...your post too!!! http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=5621.0....actually...the pic is here too!!....just some fun for you....find the pic of the actual event you witnessed.....Grump  :P  its here for you to find....or anyone else for some good fun

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2006, 08:46 AM »
....oh my....my ever remembering mind....here's the link from 3 years ago bud...your post too!!! http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=5621.0....actually...the pic is here too!!....just some fun for you....find the pic of the actual event you witnessed.....Grump  :P  its here for you to find....or anyone else for some good fun

Thanks. I guess I remembered it fairly acurately.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.