The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Sandy Res  (Read 529 times)

Offline wyotroutbum

• IceShanty Rookie
Big Sandy Res
« on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:42 PM »
Tried to take a quick trip to Big Sandy Res on Saturday the 1st.  When I got there one person was driving out.  Looking at the lake there was only one person that had been on it.  I went down to tap into his holes but they were iced over.  It felt like I was going to brake through the ice, thin crust on top and then real slushy under neath.  I decided not to drill holes.  There was no one there to hear my screams if i was to fall in.  Anyne fish it yet?

Offline troutsdaddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Big Sandy Res
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Thanks for the report....i find it hard to believe it wasnt frozen...i bet it is now!

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Big Sandy Res
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Tried to take a quick trip to Big Sandy Res on Saturday the 1st.  When I got there one person was driving out.  Looking at the lake there was only one person that had been on it.  I went down to tap into his holes but they were iced over.  It felt like I was going to brake through the ice, thin crust on top and then real slushy under neath.  I decided not to drill holes.  There was no one there to hear my screams if i was to fall in.  Anyne fish it yet?

I am pretty sure it has been frozen solid for a while, I bet that was just frozen overflow.  I know that can be really freaky when you bust though that frozen layer and think your goin' in!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.