Author Topic: IceFishingBear's ice pics  (Read 5217 times)

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
IceFishingBear's ice pics
« on: Sep 17, 2004, 08:04 PM »
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: IceFishingBear's ice pics
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2004, 08:39 PM »
nice pics IFB i like the looks of that portable nice and bright!does it have a floor?

camo_fish

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2004, 01:11 AM »
That is one h#ll of a ice house, tons of room in there, is that your camping tent, too?
Yes, those are some beautiful looking trout there.
Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.
I'm starting to get the itch now.

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2004, 06:42 AM »
nice pics IFB....and looks like you didnt suffer on the hardwater....looks like a ton of slush in that one pic....tell us more....grump :tipup:

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2004, 08:27 PM »
GREAT pics ifb.

What a view!!!! I love to get out on the ice but i just do not get a view like that where I live.  That is my idea of how to spend the winter.  Nice looking fish too. 

minnow

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2004, 09:02 PM »
nice pics IFB i like the looks of that portable nice and bright!does it have a floor?

Doesn't have a floor. It is a great portable shelter, takes about 20 min to set up though. The cool thing is when you leave it out on the ice and come back in the morning, even when it is pitch black outside, the tent still stands out super bright. Its pretty cool! It works great for the -20 degree temps (highs) I face on my lakes along with the 20 mph wind.
Cool pics and some really beautiful trout.  The colors of those fish are awesome.  Do you think they are wild or stocked?

I fish purely for wild trout only slipbob. Most of the lakes I fish are not stocked at all, but a couple are stocked very rarely. It is pretty easy to tell the difference between a wild and a stocky, and in one pic. on my stringer it looks like 8 stockies in the 12-16" range but they had been dead a while and lost color.
That is one h#ll of a ice house, tons of room in there, is that your camping tent, too?
Yes, those are some beautiful looking trout there.
Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing.
I'm starting to get the itch now.

I don't use it for my camping tent, but the outside of my shelter was made from a camping tent company. I just have a metal frame all color coded with spray paint and then throw this over it, not too hard to set up even in the wind. Takes maybe 15-20 min.
nice pics IFB....and looks like you didnt suffer on the hardwater....looks like a ton of slush in that one pic....tell us more....grump :tipup:
That pic. with the ton of slush it was -30 degrees that day with a ton of wind. That lake, blue mesa, which pumps out a new state record laker every week it seems, is so huge that it doesn't freeze very easily at all. When it does, it has such fast-flowing rivers in it that the water gets above the ice and there is about 6" of water/slush above the 1ft. thick ice. This lake is horribley cold and windy and miserable, but the lakers average 8-15 lbs and it is worth it!
GREAT pics ifb.

What a view!!!! I love to get out on the ice but i just do not get a view like that where I live. That is my idea of how to spend the winter. Nice looking fish too.

minnow

I love the absolute beauty of almost all of my lakes. The only bad thing is that they are like 9,000 ft. in elevation and the air is thin and it is horribly cold. Besides that, the fishing is great and  I wouldn't trade them for plains lakes anyway!!!

Hope you all enjoyed my ice pics from last year and I hope to go lots more times this year than last.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Gilles

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2004, 02:17 PM »
OOOOO nice ice pics Bear, where did you get those pretty looking brownies.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2004, 10:29 PM »
I got those at blue mesa while lake trout fishing. Those 4 trout in that one picture were 17-21" each. They were all really good eating too!

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2004, 05:11 PM »
what state are you in?

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2004, 07:16 PM »
judging from those pics, id guess he's in a state of euphoria :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

-pa-

"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2004, 10:22 PM »
I live in colorado, it has some of the prettiest scenery along with some wonderful trout fishing too. Its a winning combination ;)

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2004, 08:30 PM »
Yeah those do look like some beauty trout.

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Nice!

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2004, 12:24 AM »

Hey IBear, What lake is that??? Looks like Granby.
Rocket>

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2004, 06:09 PM »
Hmmm, not granby; a lot of the reservoirs look similar. I've never fished granby but I might at some point.

You are probably seeing a picture either from reudi reservoir, or taylor reservoir. actually taylor because I don't have any pics from reudi on this. Reudi is the all around most beautiful reservoir, sure makes taylor look ugly! (the lake where I have my tent, and that sunset/icefishing jigging picture of the group)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.