The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Wamplers Lake, Brooklyn Michigan Report *pics*  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
Wamplers Lake, Brooklyn Michigan Report *pics*
« on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I went to a fish fry this afternoon and had some wonderful walleye.  While eating those delicious treats, my buddies and I got the random bug to just go fishing.  In the past we had talked about going out to fish Wamplers, so what better time to do it than now we thought. ( Usually fish Sand, which is right next door to Wamplers.)  So in the MIDDLE of the fish fry we start packing up and getting all of our ice gear loaded up, and headed out.

We got to the lake a little after 2:20 and launched from Jerry's Pub.  Started fishing at around 2:35.

As soon as we got our holes drilled and our gear set up, the bite was on.  My first fish was a good keeper crappie.

We ended up with a total of around 60 fish between the 3 of us, and around 30 or so good keepers.  Marked a TON] of fish, but it was a little tougher to get them to take the bait.  I ended up fishing with the smallest jig I could find in hot pink, and that seemed to be the trick.  We were fishing anywhere from 5-14ft tonight.

Ice was plenty thick around 11 or so inches I would guess.  We had our quad out there and there were many others.

All in all it was a wonderful day!
God bless and Tight lines!

Icefisher40  @)

A pic of MY HALF.   Red Ears, Gills, and Crappie

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wamplers Lake, Brooklyn Michigan Report *pics*
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:58 PM »
nice catch, someday I need to head down that way

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
Re: Wamplers Lake, Brooklyn Michigan Report *pics*
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2011, 09:01 PM »
nice catch, someday I need to head down that way

There are so many good lakes to fish in this area it is amazing.  I live only 10-15 minutes away from the Irish Hills area and have only fish maybe HALF of the lakes in this general area.  Its awesome!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.