Author Topic: mormon res  (Read 1290 times)

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
mormon res
« on: Feb 09, 2019, 10:00 AM »
anyone fishing Mormon if what are the conditions
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Offline Ramjetroger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: mormon res
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2019, 11:54 AM »
I went over to Mormon yesterday. It was mostly calm to light winds and extremely cold. There was about 3 to 4 inches of
crusty snow on top of a good 16 inches of ice. It was my first time there so not experienced in what to do. There were
4 other fishermen who came out and fished while I was there. Two of the guys closer to me caught 3 or 4 trout and
lost a big one while I was over talking to them.  They caught them on power bait and Velveeta  cheese. The other guy
I talked to hadn't caught anything by mid afternoon. Fish & Game came while I was loading up and said it had been
better a couple of weeks ago. As far as I can say it was very slow bite and I only saw trout caught.
The road out to the reservoir was plowed but snow packed with banks higher than my truck the last couple of miles.
If they get any amount of snow and wind with this storm I would check to be sure the road is plowed. It could be drifted
in. Good luck if you go.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2019, 10:55 AM »
Thanks, guys. I posted a request to add Mormon to the R&C board.  Please comment there if my info is out of date.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Jager

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2019, 12:44 PM »
I know a few of us would like to see Mormon res on the board, been wanting to fish it but don't know much about it.  A few good reports/conditions would help out, but it seems to be snowed in at the moment.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.