Author Topic: New StrikeMaster auger for next season  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
New StrikeMaster auger for next season
« on: Mar 02, 2019, 06:49 AM »
We are starting to see the adds being released on the new StrikeMaster auger for next season.
 https://www.glensoutdoors.com/blog/sneak-peak-strikemaster-lite-flite-lazer-drill-unit.html?fbclid=IwAR2GWF-k_zjZIYAMBX5utu7parPmHGPxOOHN-qOEoQpjz0L5WrbJlXJ0cao

More competition is always a good thing.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New StrikeMaster auger for next season
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2019, 07:20 AM »
The big question was does it have a power point, yes it does..

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Also the ad says the augers come with an adapter which allows one to drive it with any Strikemaster gas power head.  Now you can use the same auger if one doesn't think their drill is up to the task of late ice or you plan to drill a ton of holes that day.
take care,

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2019, 09:29 AM »
So I wonder if it will be like the kdrill where you can connect two holes or reopen old holes.   

If I am on fish day after day I will reopen old holes vs drilling new holes unless those old holes stop producing.
Don

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2019, 10:05 AM »
So I wonder if it will be like the kdrill where you can connect two holes or reopen old holes.   

If I am on fish day after day I will reopen old holes vs drilling new holes unless those old holes stop producing.
I have never opened old holes, if the are hitting that hole will a new hole one inch one way or another be out of the zone? Just wondering.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2019, 10:41 AM »
I have never opened old holes, if the are hitting that hole will a new hole one inch one way or another be out of the zone? Just wondering.
Keep it safe! JDL

I sometimes find old holes I didn't know were there.  Not just ones I have drilled, other folks fish the same lake.  Snow comes in and blankets the area, hard to tell where all the "old holes" are.  If one happens to drill in a location that happens to over lap an old hole, good chance the auger will bind up at some point.

As an example;  The ice may be 12 inches thick but where the old hole has refrozen, the ice is only 6 inches thick.  You happen to pick a spot to drill and unknowingly your auger point, is one inch from the center of that old hole.  All is fine and dandy until you break thru the 6 inch depth of the refrozen hole.  Now you have a sitiation where your auger is only cutting along one side and trying to push over into the "old" hole. Now is when the auger is most likely to bind.

Remember you didn't know the old hole was there, because (a) you didn't drill it and (b) the snow covered it anyway.  Not saying this happens all the time but can happen  more than one might expect.

take care,

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Anyone heard what sizes they are making these in.  Above link says cheapest of 3 sizes is 8" at $199.

Offline fishingeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Take my money! I like the fact that you can use it with any Strikemaster powerhead. I was going to get rid of my Solo 2.0hp chipper mag in favor for the cordless electric route but now i will keep it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Now i wanna see a video in action.
Is it me or are those blades a hybrid or jusr lazer blades....they seem to have filled in the blanks with invluded accessories..add a coupon code or ssle its a game changer
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Dana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everything Ice Fishing!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Anyone heard what sizes they are making these in.  Above link says cheapest of 3 sizes is 8" at $199.

They're making 6" & 8"  The 6" is going to be $179.
Glens Army Navy Store
701 NW 4th St
Grand Rapids, MN 55744

Toll Free: 1-888-525-1201
Local: 218-326-1201

[email protected]

GlensOutdoors.com

Follow Us on Twitter @GlensOutdoors

Offline Dana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everything Ice Fishing!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Now i wanna see a video in action.
Is it me or are those blades a hybrid or jusr lazer blades....they seem to have filled in the blanks with invluded accessories..add a coupon code or ssle its a game changer

We'll have a video in the next few days.  Just working on getting the right permission to upload it to our Youtube page.  It drills fast than any of the other drill units using a Fuel.
Glens Army Navy Store
701 NW 4th St
Grand Rapids, MN 55744

Toll Free: 1-888-525-1201
Local: 218-326-1201

[email protected]

GlensOutdoors.com

Follow Us on Twitter @GlensOutdoors

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Make it in 9 or 10” ?

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2019, 12:05 AM »
I wonder if it is smoother breakthru than a regular lazer hand auger? If so I'm on board

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:36 AM »
So what is it made out of? Plastic flighting?

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Look up Kee Kong Fishing on YouTube.  He has a video with it connected to the 40v (I linked it in another post here).  Looks pretty fast @ about 30" of ice in about 17 seconds.   With the Lazer blades i bet it will be a great option.

Still waiting for someone to offer a 10" version though.....

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Look up Kee Kong Fishing on YouTube.  He has a video with it connected to the 40v (I linked it in another post here).  Looks pretty fast @ about 30" of ice in about 17 seconds.   With the Lazer blades i bet it will be a great option.

Still waiting for someone to offer a 10" version though.....

Link to that video..wasnt able to locate it
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2019, 09:58 AM »
I sometimes find old holes I didn't know were there.  Not just ones I have drilled, other folks fish the same lake.  Snow comes in and blankets the area, hard to tell where all the "old holes" are.  If one happens to drill in a location that happens to over lap an old hole, good chance the auger will bind up at some point.

As an example;  The ice may be 12 inches thick but where the old hole has refrozen, the ice is only 6 inches thick.  You happen to pick a spot to drill and unknowingly your auger point, is one inch from the center of that old hole.  All is fine and dandy until you break thru the 6 inch depth of the refrozen hole.  Now you have a sitiation where your auger is only cutting along one side and trying to push over into the "old" hole. Now is when the auger is most likely to bind.

Remember you didn't know the old hole was there, because (a) you didn't drill it and (b) the snow covered it anyway.  Not saying this happens all the time but can happen  more than one might expect.
All true! I was just saying I have never redrilled a hole. This season is the first in many years that we have had any snow on the ice so seeing previous holes isn’t much of an issue.
Keep it safe! JDL

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2019, 02:29 PM »
I don't understand why these units like the K-Drill, Pistol Bit and this, made to attach to a cordless drill, cost more than a regular Lazer or chipper unit.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2019, 02:48 PM »
I don't understand why these units like the K-Drill, Pistol Bit and this, made to attach to a cordless drill, cost more than a regular Lazer or chipper unit.

Supply and demand.  As long as the demand is there and people are paying the price it won't change.  Same thing about a $75 YETI 5 gallon bucket. 

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2019, 04:51 PM »
I understand supply and demand, but $200 is steep. I bought a drill unit for my Mag 2000 last year for $100. It even came with a blade and cover. Couldn't I just slap a Clam plate and a Milwaukee drill on it? Or, are the drill units designed for the cordless drills better?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.