Author Topic: New Jiffy  (Read 3385 times)

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Jiffy
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2019, 11:30 AM »
I've had a Pro4 going on 4 years.  Starts on 2nd pull pretty much every time.  I guess I got a good one.  ???
Same here. Had mine at least 4 yrs, maybe longer.  Probably just jinxed my self.   

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2019, 03:55 PM »
Same here. Had mine at least 4 yrs, maybe longer.  Probably just jinxed my self.

This thread is about the Jiffy electric and not about any of the propane/gas offerings they have. 

I'm trying not to be cynical here but if this Jiffy electric was the cat's pajamas I would tend to think that people would be on here raving about it...and yet there really isn't much that is being said. 

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2019, 04:02 PM »
I have the new Jiffy E6 with a 10" auger and I love the thing. It's the last auger I plan to buy. Our ice is crap up here this year, so I haven't gotten to try it on deep ice, but it's done everything I've needed so far. I haven't weighed it, but it's way lighter than my older Model 30, Pro 4, and even the new Eskimo Rocket P4. It's what's on my ATV.

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2019, 09:43 PM »
I have the new Jiffy E6 with a 10" auger and I love the thing. It's the last auger I plan to buy. Our ice is crap up here this year, so I haven't gotten to try it on deep ice, but it's done everything I've needed so far. I haven't weighed it, but it's way lighter than my older Model 30, Pro 4, and even the new Eskimo Rocket P4. It's what's on my ATV.

How much lighter than the Eskimo Rocket?  Specs right off of Jiffy's website say that this is 24-27 pounds depending on the bit.  So a 10" bit would be the 27 pounder.  The 10" Eskimo Rocket is listed at 28 pounds.  So not much of a difference there.   

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2019, 10:37 AM »
How much lighter than the Eskimo Rocket?  Specs right off of Jiffy's website say that this is 24-27 pounds depending on the bit.  So a 10" bit would be the 27 pounder.  The 10" Eskimo Rocket is listed at 28 pounds.  So not much of a difference there.
Haven't weighed it, and don't plan to. I have no interest in selling anyone on what auger I have. I have it and I like it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.