Author Topic: ploop there she goesh  (Read 3414 times)

Offline BassInVt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ain't nothing better than fishing!!
Re: ploop there she goesh
« Reply #60 on: Jan 16, 2014, 04:05 PM »
I'm thinking I need to start scuba diving this summer! ;D

I dive quite regulary durring summer months, you wouldnt believe what i find. best was last summer with a 15 horse honda, less than 6 months old.
What?? fish are biting, I'm gone

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 16, 2014, 08:43 PM »
A few winters ago I went to tie one a chubby darter over the hole and it accidental slipped out of my hand and swam perfectly down the hole with no line attached to it. :P

My uncle and I were chopping a hole in the ice one winter when he dropped the ax down the hole it was not too deep, and as luck would have it, the ax landed with the head down and handle up. After a bit of effort we were able to rope it and bring it back up with his larrette. :)

I had a buddy drop the rubber stopper that holds the camera cord on the tripod down the hole while setting up the underwater camera. :-\

One winter I also lost an ice rod down the hole. I had bait on it and set it up, what I thought was securely in a snow bank, and went to get some item just a little ways away. When I got back, no rod, just a hole in the snow bank where I placed the butt of the rod and a drag mark across the snow and into the hole. ::)
Now I always have my set rods in a substantial rod holder. ;)

WW

Offline Dean84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 17, 2014, 03:16 AM »
i dropped my shanty light into the hole when I was packing up last week... turns out it floats!

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:55 AM »
my buddy last year "donated" three cell phones in two weeks to a local lake. After his 3rd went down the hole, 5 minutes later, he pulled up a 10.5# walleye. Kind of an expensive big walleye catching ritual, but it worked.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline jmw5964

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:45 AM »
 i lost a brand new reel i had as a backup dropped it one bounce and down she went

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 17, 2014, 11:01 AM »
Iphone looked like a teeter totter on the edge of the hole, right before I saved its life... lost a flashlight the last time I was out.... other than that... I've dropped plenty of keepers down the hole  ;D

Offline Chas0218

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:40 PM »
I learned not to put stuff in my carhart front pocket not once not twice not thrice....Well you get the picture.

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Over the course of 50 years of fishing through the ice,I'm sure there where many items,but other than a few skimmers,and maybe a jig or two,the most memorable was a brand new sealed bottle of blackberry brandy!
Brought a full pint that day instead of a half pint,so pocket in my wool shirt wouldn't button over it.
First flag,bent over the whole to watch the reel and plop it went! Never caught that fish either!
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.