Author Topic: ploop there she goesh  (Read 3415 times)

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
Re: ploop there she goesh
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:12 PM »
Phone down here? Blurp, Blurp,Blurp...Nothing down here, just us fish :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
Dream Catcher

Offline niceout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:25 PM »
first trip of our second season my 3yr old dropped the scoop down the first hole of the day
a nice old gent who was on his way off the ice hooked us up with another and saved the day
ice fishermen are good people in my estimation

Offline Derrick NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:28 PM »
Took my brother out for his first ice fishing trip, he got all kinds of drunk and kicked my deadstick down the hole…. Came back into the shanty after stepping out he just looked at me and said sorry  :-\

A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone
- Robert Frost -

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Had a handheld GPS with a lakemaster chip in my vexilar bag. When I opened the bag, the GPS fell out and right down the hole. I went elbow deep QUICKLY but needless to say all I got was a wet arm. That was actually the first time I was using it too. That was a tough lesson learned. I hold on to stuff for dear life around the hole.
That's why I always tether my GPS where ever I go!

So far only have lost a small hand held radio, funny when that happened other anglers around me all clapped in unison, I guess they didn't care much for the rock n roll.
:icefish:

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2014, 04:50 PM »
I lost a 2 liter bottle of pop one day, that's all i can think of. whenever i drop something on the ice first instinct is throw my foot over the hole.

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline FishHawkVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Nothing recently, but I recall when I was a kid out with my father we lost a couple of scoops and at least one thermometer over the years. Things just have a way of finding the holes - more so in a shanty I think!

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Took my buddy out awhile ago, had the heater going hard in the shelter, all the holes were starting to cone out with the hot melt water, I got up and looked back and my buddy is shoulder deep in the hole chasing after his new android phone he got like 20 hours earlier lol, sucks for him but I can laugh about it now.  He got pissed and took off, hasn't been out since.  He stopped at verizon on his way home I guess to pick up another.

This event started my adage "Nothing nice on the ice!"

Offline stwestman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:25 PM »
never dropped anything......

Offline icedpapermouth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:29 PM »
part of a beer funnel. It was a 4" 22.5 degree fitting that we had bushed down to a 1" clear vinyl tube. It wasn't glued together for ease of cleaning. someone went to rinse it off in the hole and there goes the 4" 22.5 down the hole. Luckily it was only 12' of water so we rigged up something and pulled it up. just an adventure. those days are gone now...

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:41 PM »
My phone last year.  :tipup: :icefish:

Offline chevy hillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2014, 05:49 PM »
the one that stung the most, came this year. A nice, juicy, crispy piece of bacon...it was sad watching it deep-6 on the sonar. The fish seemed un-impressed by it, and that proves that fish have bad taste.

Keys, phones ect stay in pockets while in the shanty, much safer that way.

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:09 PM »
the one that stung the most, came this year. A nice, juicy, crispy piece of bacon...it was sad watching it deep-6 on the sonar. The fish seemed un-impressed by it, and that proves that fish have bad taste.

Keys, phones ect stay in pockets while in the shanty, much safer that way.
:clap: :clap:

Trooper Bri

« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:45 PM »
Do fish right at the hole count?

Dropped my friend's needle-nosed pliers down a hole (oops) a few years ago. So technically I've never lost anything down a hole.  ;D

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:49 PM »
I do not want to answer in fear that I may jinx myself

::)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #44 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:51 PM »
I do not want to answer in fear that I may jinx myself

::)
That counts as a jinx!! >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #45 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:54 PM »
That counts as a jinx!! >:D >:D >:D >:D

I knew I should of not posted   :P :P :P :P
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #46 on: Jan 15, 2014, 06:55 PM »
 ;D

Offline punkinhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:14 PM »
I've dropped my buddy's favorite knife as well as a leatherman from the front pocket of my carhart bibs.  Now all I keep in there is bobbers.

Offline BIG BLOCK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:18 PM »
I dropped a pair of pliers and they never even touched the ice, NOTHING BUT NET......... or water in this case.

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:19 PM »
My list is to long to add here lol but some of the more expensive items include
$80 deer knife(slipped while cutting bait in the shack" :%$#!:
cellphone..sort of, I caught it just before it sank past the bottom of the ice but it did get wet...I still have it, sometimes it acts up
leatherman tool that didn't belong to me  :whistle:
2 brand new buckshot spoons...not lost to fish, lost to fumble fingers, on the same day...in the same hole, by the same person as in me  :cookoo:
and my personal favorit...as well as my uncles he was with me when it happened and still laughs til this day over it...a brand new very expensive watch I got for xmas...siting in the shack over top of the hole hit the backlight to check time, band snapped loose watch slid off my hand and we watched the blue light sink to the bottom...worse part was explaining to my mom how id lost the brand new watch she bought me
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline Super-ice-bird

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That's a fifth next to that brown!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:49 PM »
Went fishing at a little lake in my area that has 10-15 FOW that is crystal clear (can see to the bottom). I had my yellow lab with me playing fetch, I'm checking a tip up and he walks over and drops his ball down the hole! Poor boy spent the rest of the day looking down the hole at it whining. 😔
Come on fish!

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:04 PM »
Several skimmers, pliers and jigs but worst was a freshly opened bottle of Jameson.  Brother in Law

Offline doneinne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 16, 2014, 05:27 AM »
Metal skimmers, rod and reel and spud bar.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 16, 2014, 06:24 AM »
Last year, the battery to my fishcam fell down the hole. I got it back the next day, but it had shorted out and would not hold a charge. The new one was about $38.

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Jan 16, 2014, 09:07 AM »
When i was a kid we used to play hockey out on the lakes. Well me and another kid were always into fishing so wed set are tio ups just outside are rink we would make.. needless to say we lost alot of pucks
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #55 on: Jan 16, 2014, 09:13 AM »
Oakley M-Frames, countless forceps, a few lures, couple cans of soup...I figure that's pretty mild for as much as I fish.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
« Reply #56 on: Jan 16, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Had a pike drag my rod and reel down the hole.
....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #57 on: Jan 16, 2014, 01:14 PM »
I have been very lucky. I don't think I have lost any thing down a hole. Not even a kid.

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 16, 2014, 01:26 PM »
Had a pike drag my rod and reel down the hole.

Nothing personal to Beets.  I have never understood this.  I have watched many poles get taken down the holes of other fishermen but have lost a grand total of none of my own.  I have always used a pole holder that will keep the rod in place even if the fish pulls line off the reel.  The line could break and the rod would stay.  My rods cost $25 to replace, $39 at retail.  And the reels about the same.  An $80 setup down the hole?  No way!

Seriously, what's the deal with just setting a pole down on the ice or leaning it against something on a body of water where there are fish big enough to drag it away? :cookoo: ???  Maybe some of you folks that do this can explain it to me.  Again, nothing personal, no attack intended.  Just don't understand it.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
« Reply #59 on: Jan 16, 2014, 01:35 PM »
Nothing personal to Beets.  I have never understood this.  I have watched many poles get taken down the holes of other fishermen but have lost a grand total of none of my own.  I have always used a pole holder that will keep the rod in place even if the fish pulls line off the reel.  The line could break and the rod would stay.  My rods cost $25 to replace, $39 at retail.  And the reels about the same.  An $80 setup down the hole?  No way!

Seriously, what's the deal with just setting a pole down on the ice or leaning it against something on a body of water where there are fish big enough to drag it away? :cookoo: ???  Maybe some of you folks that do this can explain it to me.  Again, nothing personal, no attack intended.  Just don't understand it.
No offense taken,it was an old Schooly rod were you have the pin set for depth/no drag.
....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.