Author Topic: "Fake" maggots...anyone tried 'em?  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Bluegill Babe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PANFISH RULE!
Re: "Fake" maggots...anyone tried 'em?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2009, 03:59 PM »
thanks for the replies, everyone...
turns out he DIDN'T buy them, just had them in his hand at the store and mentioned them.....but I'm still thinking of buying some to try.  I think they were Berkley's.
When you add up all of life's ups & downs, make sure you have a surplus of smiles, not frowns.  ~AW~

Catch 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em, go back for more! :)

Offline liprippinWI

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2009, 08:37 PM »
I fished with the Berkley fakes last year and could not get a bite.  A buddy of mine had the real thing and was catching crappies and bluegills consistently.  Being a hard headed fool, I would not give in and fish with his bait.  I knew I could catch fish with the fakes.  Nothing.  Next day, nothing.  Tried one more time, nothing.  My $.02 is that they are junk, but it could be that my batch was bad.  Just give them a try and see what you think, they are fairly inexpensive so you wont be out much if they don't work for you.
"Dude, hold my beer.  I'm gonna try something."

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2009, 01:44 AM »
I fished with the Berkley fakes last year and could not get a bite. 
I bought a jar of them a year or so ago and the few times I tried them I had minimal success with only a few fish taking them. I did have one occasion when I was on a real "hot" Bluegill bite and ran out of spikes so I started using them and continued to hammer em'. I can't really attest anything to the Berkley maggots as I think the bite was so good they would have taken a bare jig just as well. I still keep them in my bait bag...just in case....WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:37 AM »
Real spikes and mousies and beemoths move when they are on the hook, your fake bait won't I have seen fish just sit and watch your bait.
Gator Nation

Offline coltons dad

• IceShanty Rookie
  • can you put a chimney in my shack?
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:34 AM »
mostly use waxies, the "new" gulp maggots look good, tried the old ones and they were junk. the small atom plastics work- but waxies are the best hands down for larvae for gills and craps.
born to fish; forced to work.
all fisherman lie alittle, its just in us.

Offline boomdoggie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2009, 08:59 AM »
Tryed them yesterday ,not worth a F!%#@$$

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:29 AM »
   I have caught fish with them some days.  Other days I have caught nothing on them. ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.