Poll

How many new friends have you made or met here on Iceshanty.com???

None
7 (15.9%)
1 or 2
9 (20.5%)
3 or 4
10 (22.7%)
Less than 12
6 (13.6%)
More than I can think of
12 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: New Found Friends  (Read 1652 times)

grumpymoe

New Found Friends
« on: Dec 11, 2004, 05:02 PM »
I started to think about how much this great site has contributed to my own....met some great anglers online and also some through here in person....and not one that I would not want to get together with again!!! That says alot about the type of members that chat and post here....Thank you everyone....Grump :thumbsup:

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Found Friends
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2004, 05:09 PM »
I agree with you grump. Every one on here is more than helpfull. Just want to meet more of the manitobans. ;D
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2004, 05:21 PM »
 ;D ;D Ditto! I couldn't agree more!! Thanks everyone!
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline jigerjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2004, 06:01 PM »
  I've made some real good friend's from this site. As a mater a fact I was reunited with an old friend that I hadent seen in 10 year dew to the fact that I moved out of his area. He hung my screen name on me about 30 year's ago that I still use today.
Always keep your line wet!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2004, 07:57 PM »
To be honest, I don't think I can answer the question...a number of the folks here I first encountered on a Manitoba fishing forum...then MyFishFinder...now here.  With the number of folks here, it is interesting how few petty arguments there are and how much information and good-natured ribbing there is as well.

So, I can't really say how many I met here, but I would certainly consider many of the folks here to be worth getting to know and would really enjoy spending time on the water (hard or otherwise) with.

I also know that when I travel again, I'll be posting it and it could be an opportunity to meet some of the people here, even if only over a cup of coffee.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2004, 10:29 PM »
Hope to meet more than I have! Most of the people here are more than helpful... but you guys also make me jealous with your "lakers with attitude"(wish we had em here!) and your great pike fishing .

Seems we all have our specialties and even if you don't get along with someone very well on this site, they still will give you some great tips.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2004, 11:50 PM »
good post grump ;D so true i enjoy this site to the fulest!!the smallest little details interest me i get up sooooo early that i always have time to kill in the early morning.well after almost a year i have made numerous friends from maine and have fished with many of them and am looking forward to fishing with even more of them this year!!in addition to that i have made so many more friends from all over north america!!we've all chatted and posted back and forth so much i feel like id know ya if i bumped into you at walmart!!i know if i travel ill be looking up some anglers!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2004, 03:52 AM »
Builditrite,
Isn't that one of the very best things?
Any of us can go virtually anywhere in the USA or Canada and hook up with other guys from this site to fish with. I've met fishing partners, golf partners, hunting partners and just plain friends....not to mention all the people I've gotten to know and haven't even met yet.

Very COOL :thumbsup:
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

bigdave1018

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2004, 05:10 AM »
great site very informative ice info and overall a great bunch of icefishers. the older i get, the less i like the cold and snow. ive never been an ice finatic, been fishing at least 45 years and still learn or at least try to everytime i go out. im looking forward to meeting some of the more closer shanty members like RG and Otis, getting together and maybe fish sometime. i live in wolcott and have met panfish lover,baldy,fishin frenzy,bluegillking so far. howey1176 was my fishing bud last fall but has since moved to cortland :-\. ive talked to usmc steve a few times. have a great safe ice season and hope to make the big bay get together if at all possible, big dave out.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2004, 02:18 PM »
I've met a couple of the ice fishermen on here that are MFF open water fishers as well, and I'm looking forward in the latter part of this month to meeting a couple more guys out on the ice.  But when you count up the number of guys that have responded to your questions, or helped you solve a problem, the number of friends rises quickly.  I haven't PM'd or corresponded with anyone who wasn't willing to go the extra yard to help out, and I'd fish with all of them anytime.  The best part is that we come from all over North America, and it's truly amazing the shared interests we have!!!!   

And to Grumpymoe, Santa's gnarly helper - (who I met through Myfishfinder and had the pleasure of fishing with) - I love your wolf in a diving mask avatar - or is that a Ninja wolf?.  Keep on fishin'!
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2004, 01:21 PM »
I havent met anyone yet ... but that will change soon when the Pak event comes up ... from the sounds of it there will be quite a number of shanty members there ... I hope to met each and every one ... Great thread Grump ... as for the Shanty site I can never get enough I check it a couple times a day , just for the threads to read ... if I have extra time this is where I can be found ... Good advice , great stories, good friends ... It cant get much better than this ... Now if we all had Ice it would be Heaven

mike

nafc life member
nahc life member
Git - R - Done !!!

PIKEGUY

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2004, 01:50 PM »
I just think it's too bad that I'm so far away from alot of you guys because I'm sure it would be a blast to get together and fish. I'm always envious when the Monday morning posts come along about who everyone got to meet and fish with this weekend ;)

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2004, 02:33 PM »
i think this is my 3rd season with the ice gang here! and i think i have 2 seasons in with the soft water site... i have to say that this is one of the best places on the web for ice fishing. there are so many great people here, i could not begin to name all that i have met! most of the ones i met were through the 2 ice parties on conesus lake here in NY! you are all truely a great bunch of people... i have even had a few differences with a couple of you, and with some mature adult conversation, things get resolved and all is fine!
there is no better site on the web for information and great people than right here at www.iceshanty.com  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

grumpymoe

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2004, 03:35 PM »
kudos everyone...and thats what makes this site the best...we all have differences..and if we didnt it would be a pretty boring world...when we can discuss things and work them out as adults...whether we agree or not...shows great character...Grump :tipup: :tipup:

Offline BuckShotJon

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Gimpy Fisher
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2004, 03:58 PM »
For a site the size this is there is really only a couple bad apples.

I have made a ton of friends here. Alot of good people I still talk with on a day to day basis.

Jon
Check Out The Hunting Shanty

Check Out The Softer Side Of The Shanty At www.Myfishfinder.com

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2004, 04:56 PM »
Way too many.... ;D
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2004, 05:04 PM »
I have met some great people on here. Actually too many to mention. I always enjoyed Ciders posts and IcefishingBears, since I did alot of fishing in CO. I haven't met anyone in person yet. We don't seem to get any Montanans on this site.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.