Author Topic: After the Gas Auger which upgrade is a must ?  (Read 4495 times)

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: After the Gas Auger which upgrade is a must ?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2004, 10:17 AM »
Well guys i found an affordable Vex that bluegill was selling sent him the money order today , and i hope to get the digital camera with X-mas money shortly after the holidays ... so i will keep you all informed on my latest 2 upgrades ... and start saving again for some more  ;D ... thanx again for the help on all the info (scott on the digital camera information) , bluegill for the vex , and everyones ideas , Now if we only had some ice  :thumbsup: ... we would set  :tipup:
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline Morrocco_Mole

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You got to Hook-um!  To Cook-um!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2004, 10:52 AM »
mjc2799 :

Where do you do most of your fishing, in which state? In SouthEast, PA things can be very tough... Well good luck to and I think you will enjoy your new toys.
Keep 1 pole in the hole....  <;*)}}}}}}}}}}}>&lt;

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2004, 11:00 AM »
mjc2799 :

Where do you do most of your fishing, in which state? In SouthEast, PA things can be very tough... Well good luck to and I think you will enjoy your new toys.

NEPA farm country Mole is what i call home .... windburned and strikemaster were gracious enough to invite me to the Lakwallenpaupak ICE Extravagenza this year , so it will be a first time for me at the Pak ... I hope to get out with windburned on Lackawanna State Park also ... up to now I had been strictly a farm pond fisherman , but now that I have hooked up with windburned it looks like we may hit many areas or at least hope to

mike

nafc life member
nahc life member
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline Morrocco_Mole

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You got to Hook-um!  To Cook-um!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2004, 11:38 AM »
mjc2799 -  :tipup:
Well, good luck and I guess we'll both have ICE on the X-Mas List....

Hey Good Luck!   :tipup:

Mole!
Keep 1 pole in the hole....  <;*)}}}}}}}}}}}>&lt;

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2004, 12:03 PM »
If you can handle wind & cold, go vex, if not, go shelter.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2004, 12:49 PM »
I think it all depends on where you live and how cold it gets. I'm with you 100% on that Fozsey. Except I have always believed that the one who dies with the most toys...still dies. :-\ I have used a bucket, an old mora and an Eagle LCD up until this point.  Personally I would get the Vex and shelter before a gas auger. My Mora works fine. I do need a Vex though. This year I'm getting a shelter.

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2004, 01:02 PM »
Well Wyogator , Im disabled (due to a Heart Condition) so the Gas Auger will come in handy (its gonna be much easier to drill holes this year) , I found a used Vex FL - 8 here on the shanty for a reasonable price , I hope to purchase the digital camera here after X-mas , so i got the upgrades i need for awhile maybe next year ill get the shelter

mike

nafc life member
nahc life member
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #37 on: Dec 13, 2004, 01:11 PM »
i go alot without my fish trap, but i never, EVER leave home without the vex. the vex should be purchased first over the camera, as no matter what the conditions, the vex will always work (muddy water, any water depth, ect)

Offline jigerjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2004, 06:21 PM »
  Mike If I had to make a choice between a camera or a hut I would defenitly go with a hut. With all your new toy's you;ll need something to drag them around with. That stuff can get real heavy real fast.  Just my 2 cent's. :-\
Always keep your line wet!

Offline Smelt1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Run with the big dawgs,or stay on the porch!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 13, 2004, 06:57 PM »
I'd vote for the digital camera first.I've allways been a catch-n-release kindof guy and when I come home from a hard day of fish'in the "Boss" would allways say "what did you catch?",and I'd say plenty but I released them all,for which she would say"I don't believe you even go fishing,your just out playing cards and drinking beers with your buddies. Well now I bring out my Canon A95 plug it into the puter and show her all the fish we catch.The only problem I have now is that she thought Sam was another fishing guy,I guess I left out the part that Sam was short for Samantha! :-\
Bubba  

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 13, 2004, 07:15 PM »
get the hut next and wait for the presidents day sale at your favorite store to get that digital camera. ;D  If you fish by yourself, near other people, get a one man pullover trap. You can leave it halfway open on nice days. :tipup:

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 13, 2004, 07:33 PM »
Electronics first!  Thats a must and makes miserable weather more tolerable.  I should have bought a extra lightweight shelter because I never use mine.  When I take it out, the weather is beautiful, when I leave it at home, the weather is awful.  Me and Murphy, we be buds. :P ::)
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.