Author Topic: Berkely Transition line for winter walleye?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline zakker

• IceShanty Rookie
Berkely Transition line for winter walleye?
« on: Dec 06, 2004, 09:22 AM »
Would this be a good line to use as a main line? I have used Fireline with a 2-3 ft. Vanish flourocarbon previously, but figured this may work better. It would eliminate the leader. Any input would be appreciated.

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Berkely Transition line for winter walleye?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2004, 10:14 AM »
I was reading about this line in the IN fisherman Ice fishing special and it sound awesome, only stipulation is i cant find it anywhere around where i live.Oh well. If i can find it i'll try it out otherwise stick with the vanish 6lb test
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline zakker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2004, 10:54 AM »
Thx for the replies. Do you guys use the vanish as your mainline or just a leader?

Offline sturgeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2004, 11:42 AM »
I use fluorocarbon as a leader. Usually attached it by a small swivel that most steelhead fisherman use.

Sturgeon
Bad Day of Fishing is better than a good day of work!!!!

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2004, 11:53 AM »
I read about it and it would be great stuff to use when worming for bass,  just watch that yellow line jump!  I've seen some spools at my local bait store for $15 a spool,  little too pricey for me to use.  I can get two spool of regular Vanish for that kind of money.  I'll wait for the price to come down next year.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2004, 04:00 PM »
I've been reading up on the stuff sounds like they have came up with a winner.Gold above water and clear below.They say it's close to berkley vanish.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2004, 04:35 PM »
I was reading about this line in the IN fisherman Ice fishing special and it sound awesome, only stipulation is i cant find it anywhere around where i live.Oh well. If i can find it i'll try it out otherwise stick with the vanish 6lb test

Gander Mountains here in wNY don't have any yet.  I was able to pick some up locally at the Bass Pro in Aubrun, NY.  FWIW, both Cabela's and Bass Pro have it available online.
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2004, 05:42 PM »
I found the Berkley Transition line at the Cabela's store in Dundee MI.  Dont know if it is in the catalog.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2004, 12:32 PM »
Hey Zakker. I use Fireline with a 3 ft. flourocarbon leader on my tipups. I do this, because flouro is pretty expensive and it gets a little stiff in the cold. On my jigging rods, I use Berkley Micro Ice, which I stock up on at K-Mart at the end-of-the-year clearance for about $1.50 a spool.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.