New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Adirondack area guides?  (Read 1472 times)

Offline skinny4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Adirondack area guides?
« on: Dec 19, 2023, 03:47 PM »
Anyone know of a guide in the Adirondacks that does semi guided trips. I’ve ice fished for many years and have plenty of gear and do know how to fish and find my own spots but not experienced in the Adirondack area. I’ve fished long, lewey, mason lake area in the summer a few times but never on the ice. Just looking for a guide that might have a few trips booked that maybe I could just meet on the ice and get a quick few tips and tricks and general idea of where to go. Probably just venture out old school and spend a day driving around and testing the waters but would be willing to spend a few bucks with a local guide instead of at the gas pump. I’ve got 0 experience with lakers thru the ice and just want to not beat myself up to come up empty handed. I live on the Niagara river and can drift for them all day or drag cowbells during the summer but would love to jig one up thru the ice. Going to wait till Oneida is frozen and hit that for a day or so then head up to Champlain and spend a few days there before following the st Lawrence and hitting a few of those spots and the bays along Ontario all the way home. I got machines and anything else I need but willing to drag whenever needed. Just don’t know how much longer I’ll be doing this so this year I’m going to take a few week trip and do a long tour and scratch as much off the bucket list as I can.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Adirondack area guides?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2023, 04:44 PM »
if and when we get ice champlain should be easy DIY, plenty of them here. just north of the crown point bridge is a good place to start.

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2023, 09:36 PM »
not sure but i think JJ at rodbender does winter trips too.
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline huntdeertk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2023, 12:49 AM »
Battlefish Charters in Saranac Area, Andy is good guy, Veteran Owned and operated, helped my daughter catch 31" pike. I have been twice with him, will be a yearly trip to break up the winter, he does the work, you catch the fish. Tell him Tom Kelly sent you if you use him.

Offline Sfleming22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2023, 06:37 AM »

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2023, 07:16 AM »
if and when we get ice champlain should be easy DIY, plenty of them here. just north of the crown point bridge is a good place to start.

Agree plenty of lakers, also challenging ice that has eaten people alive when they dont know the area. 

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2023, 11:46 AM »
I don't know if you are interested, but Chaumont Masters is a guide on Chaumont Bay and is a heck of a guy. He's also a sponsor of this board on Ice Shanty. We stayed at his place a few years back for a reasonable price. We didn't use him for guiding but he still gave us a few pointers of where other people had been catching fish and shared pictures of fish that his clients had been catching. If I remember correctly, he has a few spots that he leaves pop-ups set up and drives his clients out to fish and checks on them throughout the day. His prices are VERY reasonable and include a Garmin Livescope each day that he guides you.

10/10 would recommend.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2023, 12:12 PM »
Adirondack Trout Outfitters does guided ice trips.  I have no experience with them but they do guided trips on the salmon river and adirondack park area both open water and ice fishing.

www.adirondacktroutfitters.com
westernmas on the finder

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2023, 02:52 AM »
I have been with Chaumont Masters (Chaumont for walleye/perch) and White Dog Trail Company ( Lake George for Lakers)- Can easily recommend both. White Dog has some videos on youtube as well.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2023, 07:11 AM »
not sure but i think JJ at rodbender does winter trips too.
Couldn’t pay me even to fish with Jj, pretty certain he moved to Florida tho got tired of being a misserable prick who caught nothing here he’s on this board somewhere maybe he will reply if you want to fish lake George I’d recommend drew Zeinhert or Joe Grecco the only two ppl who have a finger on the pulse of George rn and few who are licensed for the lake Champlain there is many outfits that can help you seems like you are well adversed to catch them just need to be pointed in the right direction Norms in crown point can help you out

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2023, 07:13 AM »
Adirondack Trout Outfitters does guided ice trips.  I have no experience with them but they do guided trips on the salmon river and adirondack park area both open water and ice fishing.

www.adirondacktroutfitters.com
Forgot about Ryan and crew as I typed my report! Would definitely call Ryan as well and pick his brain there outfitters are a group of state biologists who fish most of the central adk and eastern adk lakes guy is basically a trout!

Offline delay18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2024, 07:44 AM »
Plus 1 for Ryan, John, and crew. I have fished with them many times on the Salmon River. While I haven't done a guided ice charter with him, he has given me some excellent advice that has helped alot. He knows his fish especially trout/salmon!
Rob

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2024, 11:56 PM »
Fished with Ryan today- had a good time- he worked hard all day to try to get some biters for us. Genuine guy - recommended.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.