Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212371 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2220 on: May 26, 2023, 06:06 AM »
40* and sunny, my brother had 30* yesterday morning up in the hills.

WW, you beat the skunk, nice SMB.

My brother's wife is in re-hab, not sure for how long.

The wife has been sore but the "meds" help. She has a video call with her doctor later this morning.

Eddie, lots of docks going into the water the past couple days. Two days in a row I saw a truck from a Lake George marina putting a boat into the water. I knew a lot of people from over there were now on this lake.

IW, the wife has been looking on-line, found on she likes, just have to take some measurements.

Drifter, stars were shinning on the Stars last night.

Have a good day and be safe.....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2221 on: May 26, 2023, 07:35 AM »

Good morning ER's 38* here but a hot one moving in the comming days. To all hope good days ahead. Missed a Honey Bunch ice shanty at garage sale I talked my mother into stopping while out and about. Interesting thing if I had cash on hand it may have been brought back. WS hope the party goes well. WW great fish jealous of the 28. Bud happy belated BD to your daughter and hope the SIL can rebound. IW easy on the wing. Dave hope your trip goes smooth.  Enjoy this day

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2222 on: May 26, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Good evening pleasant day here with a high temperature in the low seventies. May everyone have a good and safe Memorial Day weekend.
Ice Wanderer I'm sure you wife appreciates the clean windows. Between helping your neighbor and at home projects you stay busy.
Wallyworld glad the move to a different bay yielded you some action and fish to bad they were not walleyes. Best to Mr.WW if he is marching in any parades this weekend.
Eddie good to hear the doctor's appointment went well yesterday. Thank you for the safe travel and good weekend wishes  the same extended to you and your family . Thankfully my sister and BIL do not live near Met-Life stadium and I will be traveling earlier in the day so should not have to deal with traffic heading to see Taylor Swift concert.
Hunts2long good to read your SIl is starting rehab best wished for a good recovery. May your wife also continue to have a good post surgery recovery. Gues Lake George gets to crowded for some people or the marina/dock fees are higher then at Great Sacandaga.
Old Goat the same wished for you and your family. nice to read that you are getting your mother out to different places. best of health wishes sent your way for her.

Enjoy this holiday weekend please take some time to remember our countries departed and current veterans.
    Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2223 on: May 27, 2023, 04:47 AM »
43* and it's going to be sunny.

The wife had her video call with her surgeon yesterday, he said all is well. All her biopsy results were NEG.

Mr. C, I think many of the Lake George people find homes somewhat less expensive here and there is NO speed limit on the lake.

Hope everyone enjoys the start of the long weekend, be safe.....h2l

We found a new range that the wife likes.
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2224 on: May 27, 2023, 06:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Sunshine and 50*, high in the upper 70’s today.

H2…excellent news on your wife, that must have been a great relief for everyone, Congratulations!! :bow:  :clap:   
  Steve…have a great weekend, glad you’ll be avoiding the heavy traffic area, enjoy!  :thumbsup:
  OG…you’ve got a knack for finding those good deals!  ;D  Bet your Mom enjoyed browsing the garage sale, hope all is going well.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope your weather is like here today for the Birthday party..best to everyone on this most special day!  :bow:
  Jeff…hope you’re strictly on R & R this weekend!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…one of my sons and a buddy were kind of out your way yesterday fishing the West Canada Creek. They had a good day getting into some decent trout. Hope you had safe travels back home, congrats to Team WW!  :thumbsup:

Spent a relaxing evening out near the fire last night with a few family members. Beautiful night, clear skies and just a slight breeze…that will be tonight’s menu again.
  Wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2225 on: May 27, 2023, 07:33 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....happy birthday to your B-I-L, I'm sure there will be many stories/hugs swapped today  ;)

Eddie.....congrats to your son  :thumbsup:  enjoy the fire  :thumbsup:

MrC...safe travels and have fun   :)

H2L....glad to hear the biopsy results were negative  :clap: :clap:

IW....hope you get some down time over the weekend  ;)2

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Let's not forget it's about more than just cookouts.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2226 on: May 27, 2023, 11:26 PM »
Hope everyone is having a safe and good memorial day weekend. We started the weekend out with hail and wind but made it through better then some, link below. The wife started out good before the storm and caught a good walleye. While she was in at a funeral I stayed on the lake and figured out some walleye. Have a good one everyone.

https://county10.com/nwsr-suspects-friday-tornado-was-actually-75-to-85-mph-straight-line-winds-significant-damage-still-caused/

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2227 on: May 27, 2023, 11:31 PM »
Just got back from picking up the camper. 3,419.7 kms round trip in 2 1/2 days. Unloaded on the way South I got 11 l/100kms (21.75 mpg) and on the way back 17.1 l/ 100 kms (13.75mpg). Combined for the entire trip was 14l/100 kms (16.79 mpg).

Smoke was way less than I figured. Even in the section they had closed and said was bad had a turn and it was fine. You could smell the burnt brush. The fire had burnt both sides and the center of the divided highway in places.

This morning was bad. I stayed in the parking lot of the 60th parallel visitors center at the NWT border and the smoke from the Hay River fire settled in. Had a difficult time breathing was coughing so much I developed a migraine. Got better an hour or so North though.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2228 on: May 28, 2023, 04:55 AM »

Good morning Dave, ER's,
                          It's 50* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Dave.........That's a nice looking camper. :thumbsup: I hope those atr bugs on the front of your truck. :unsure:
                          Eddie.........Congratu lations to your son for the trout fishing on the West Canada. :flex: Is there going to be a campfire tonight as well. :woot:
                          Wally.........I thought it was going to be a restful weekend, but I got a message at the last minute that we had to go put a float out on the lake
                 and mow the lawn. The client had rented their place out at the last minute. :whistle:
                          H2l...........I'm glad to read that the biopsy came back negative. :clap:
                          Fish..........Looks like the Eyes were biting . :clap: :flex:
                          Today will be a R & R day and a cookout at my neighbor that I work for.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2229 on: May 28, 2023, 05:21 AM »
53* and sunny.

F/H4, nice walleyes.

Drifter, nice looking set-up. You got a few "bugs".

Eddie, glad they got into some fish.

Going to get the boat out of the garage today.

A lot of boats on the lake yesterday but the launch wasn't full.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2230 on: May 28, 2023, 06:05 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....good to hear today's a quiet day, enjoy the cookout  :clap:

H2L.....guessing all the lakes will be busy until Tuesday with the beautiful weather  ;)2

Eddie.....another great day for a cookout/campfire  :whistle:

WS.....hope yesterday's party went well  :)

Drifter......nice set up  :thumbsup:

FH4......congrats on the fish  :bow:

Garden will be going in today, hopefully no more frosty mornings now  ::)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2231 on: May 28, 2023, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  56* and rising quickly, high of 85 forecasted.

H2…will be looking forward to your walleye reports soon!  :clap:
  Jeff…enjoy the R & R today as well as the cookout!  :thumbsup: 
  Dave…sweet camper, thanks for sharing the pictures!! Glad you had a safe trip, the gas mileage is pretty impressive with the new truck!  :clap:   :flex:
  FH4..nice looking camp site! Hopefully the weather stays nice the rest of the trip, great job on the catching!  :clap:
  Wally…best of luck with the garden this season! See some beautiful cruising weather in the extended forecast, enjoy those ice cream rides this week!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope your B-I-L had a joyous day with friends and family yesterday!  :bow:

Found myself putting another log on the fire well past my bedtime again last evening, lol. It was just too beautiful a night to let go to waste.  ;D
  Off to a Birthday barbecue this afternoon, hopefully there will be plenty of shade with the hot weather expected!
  Cawfee’s on..
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2232 on: May 28, 2023, 07:19 AM »
Good morning, 48* this AM and guessers are saying 90,’s are on the way.  Hopefully the crew will be over the bug and feel well enough to fire up the B-B-Q Monday Evening.

For now it’s just hanging out for me and Jake,  snacking and watching old western movies.

Dave very nice rig there hope it serves you well, wish my class C got that kind of fuel mileage

Bear to all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2233 on: May 28, 2023, 09:45 AM »
Guess I should have put this on here as well as the blue dot is where we are camped and the red marker is where the article took place. Just got done with biscuits and gravey and now for some fishing. But need to move the wheeler up out of the water where we have the boat tied, lake still on the rise and has come up about 1 vertical foot since we have been here so moving the wheeler that needs a new battery, found out about that out here at the lake, so have to move the wheeler up and out of the water when it moves up the bank.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2234 on: May 28, 2023, 08:50 PM »
Good evening sunny and warm here today with the high temperature near 85 . I had a good visit with my sister and BIL thankfully traffic was not to heavy on the trip to their house and back tis morning/early afternoon. On the trip home i took a detour through one of the state parks in my area. There was a parade in one town I usually pass through today starting at 1 Pm. I left my sister and BIL's around 11 AM figured it would be 12 Pm or later by the time I reached this town and road would be blocked to through traffic as groups gathered for start of parade. SO cut through the state park picked up the Palisades Parkway stayed on it until i reached Bear Mountain, NY. and then used route 9W to get home. I did see one message board on route 287 on my way down telling people that parking at Met-Life stadium was only for those with tickets to the concert. I did see a news story on Saturday morning saying several hundred or possibly thousand people were turned away after it was determined the tickets they had purchased was bogus. Taylor Swift is so popular currently some of her fans were willing to pay $300 dollars for a single ticket.
Ice Wanderer if the  weather up in your section of the Adirondacks was similar to mine today good time to have a rest and relaxation day. Now the push for your neighbor and you will be getting properties ready for the July 4TH holiday.
Hunts2longmay it be an easy project to get your boat ready for Spring/Summer use best wished for you chasing the walleyes.
Wallyworld may you have your garden planted. Hopefully it grows well and provides lots of fresh vegetables for you.
Eddie as we head towards the longest day of sunlight hours easy to loose track of time and find out it is later then we think enjoy the evening fires. Congratulations to your son and his friend for having a successful trip to West Canada creek.
IFF may your daughter and her family all be feeling good enough to enjoy a BBQ tomorrow.
Fish/Hunter4ever condolences to your wife and the family of departed person. Nice to see you located and caught some walleyes.
Drifter glad you had a safe trip. nice looking camper and truck smoke from the fires and all the flies may have effected your gas milage plus the added weight of the pick-up insert camper. You must have driven through some heavy swarms looking at the photo of front grill of the F-150 .
Whopper Stopper may your BIL have enjoyed his B-day party.

The section 9 boy's lacrosse championship games were yesterday could not find game results when searching earlier so will check tomorrow. Our sectional winners now go on to play the winners from section ! in first round of state championship tournament.

To those in the U.S. have a good and safe Memorial Day.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2235 on: May 29, 2023, 04:14 AM »

Good morning ER,
                               I just want to post this today. :(

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2236 on: May 29, 2023, 05:23 AM »
Good morning everyone

Very nice IW! :bow: :bow:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2237 on: May 29, 2023, 05:37 AM »
Morning all,

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2238 on: May 29, 2023, 05:51 AM »
HAPPY MERORIAL DAY!!!!
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2239 on: May 29, 2023, 06:11 AM »
   :bow:  Happy Memorial Day!  :bow:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2240 on: May 29, 2023, 06:58 AM »
God Bless America due to those who've fallen!! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!  :flex: :clap:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2241 on: May 29, 2023, 09:45 AM »
Good morning,Happy Memorial Day. Ditto the sentiments already posted.

Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2242 on: May 29, 2023, 09:52 AM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2243 on: May 29, 2023, 10:34 AM »
I too say ditto  to the post today, so many to remember  :( :(
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2244 on: May 29, 2023, 10:59 AM »
Quote for today ?  “Not to brag, but I can forget that I’m doing, while I’m doing it “
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2245 on: May 29, 2023, 04:31 PM »
Well made it home after a good weekend. A little harder catching them.as the fish were short strikes and could not get them hooked up very well. Caught one nice trout last night and the wife caught one today that we released, caught a carp as well. Hope all had a good memorial day.

Also had to move the wheeler a few times over the weekend as the water level came up.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2246 on: May 30, 2023, 04:44 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

68 degrees, hitting the low 80's by the afternoon.

I have an early morning hair pruning in a bit. I will try to report back after I return, it was a busy weekend.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2247 on: May 30, 2023, 04:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 46* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l...........Did you venture out on the lake yesterday? ???
                          Fish..........You'd think you were at the ocean with the tide coming in. :o  Looks like you had a good weekend. :thumbsup:
                          Bud..........Have you gotten any offers on the northern camp yet? ???
                          Eddie........Were any of your grandkids in the Parade yesterday. :unsure:
                          Wally.........The weather looks good for some trips to the lake this week. :whistle:
                          Marv..........Did you get some BBQ chicken over the weekend? ???  Good morning Marv, I hope the pruning goes well.
                          Yesterday I attended the parade in town and it amazed me how few people attended. This country sure has changed in their patriotism.
                          Not much going on today, cutting some of the wood I got from the 82 year old guy.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tueday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2248 on: May 30, 2023, 04:55 AM »
52* and clear.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Pretty quite around here. The wife is slowly improving, still on restricted diet.

Got the boat out of the garage over the weekend. The weatherman is saying near 90's the rest of the week, so may get out next week.

Scout went into the water on Sunday, she loves the water. She is pretty much back to her old self.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2249 on: May 30, 2023, 06:25 AM »
Good morning again.

Back from the pruning, no chicken this weekend IW :(

First off, Thanks for the comments regarding my brother-in-law’s birthday party on Saturday. It was attended by about 50 people and everyone did their best to make it an uplifting Birthday party. There were lots of good stories, great food, and a couple cold ones. After the party my brother and his wife spent the night with us at our house
Things took an unexpected turn on Sunday….

My brother and his wife, along with my wife and s-i-l went back to my sister’s house for leftovers and a better chance to visit with my b-i-l. We also had a bunch of tables and chairs to return and took advantage of the visit to water her garden.
My brother left after lunch to head back to Green bay WI. About an hour after he left we were getting ready to head for home when I got a call from him saying they were in a bad accident. (No one was hurt). Some dork pulled into a right turn lane like he was going to make a right turn, and then suddenly made a quick left U-turn right in front of them. They hit the guy broadside causing them to deflect off into the ditch going 50mph.

Both vehicles needed to be towed as they were undriveable leaving my brother stranded alongside the road. The girls and I took off immediately to go pick them up and then we brought them back to our house Sunday night while they figured out a game plan.

Yesterday morning we got up at 3am and my wife and I drove them the 7 hours back to Green Bay. After a quick bathroom break we got back on the road and finally got home close to 8pm last night. My brothers van was brand new with just 4000 miles on it. Due to the Holiday weekend they couldn’t get a hold of anyone from the insurance company directly but were told they would find out today where the van will be brought for repairs.

With everything that went on over the long weekend my wife said she could use a day off as she headed to her jungle office.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.