Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 218889 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2160 on: May 15, 2023, 04:57 AM »
Morning all,

IW......sorry to hear about your shoulder  :'(  hope your appointment Thursday gives you some answers  :-\   saw the same thing about the vets  :%$#!:

Eddie.....hope you and the family had a good get together yesterday  :thumbsup:

H2L.....fingers crossed Scout's doing better  :unsure:  safe travels to NYC, best wishes to MrsH2 with her procedure, happy anniversary tomorrow  ;)

WS....hope you took it easy yesterday and your back is feeling better today  ;)2

IFF.....how's your s-i-l doing  ???

My younger granddaughter turns 16 today  :o :clap:  where does the time go  ???

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2161 on: May 15, 2023, 05:24 AM »
39* and a mist coming off the water.

Scout spent most of the Sunday just laying around. She had already been outside when I got up. She didn't eat last night but the wife said she went to her bowl when she came back in. May wait awhile before I give her anything. She did bark to go outside about 2am this morning.

IW, sorry to hear about your shoulder. Take it easy.

We are hoping we don't have any issues with the hotel we have booked for Tues/Wed in Englewood, NJ.

The wife has to go to local hospital for a covid test and blood work this morning, her nephew from AZ. is in Rochester to visit his Mother and is coming this afternoon to visit. She just couldn't "say no", she puts way "too" on her plate at times. But, who am I. I must be getting old, I like to take it easy for a few days before our trips.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2162 on: May 15, 2023, 12:56 PM »
Good afternoon;  WW they had him up to walk, made 6 steps and about fainted, had to sit down.

About to become a road warrior again , will be leaving Missouri in morning back to the farm, swap car for pickup then on to Wisconsin, buy a car hauler trailer to haul things down to the farm.  Latest plan is to talk Jim into spending the summer at the farm.

Got caught up on the handily man repairs, so back to the farm and put some tomatoe plants out

Best to all for now
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2163 on: May 15, 2023, 04:02 PM »
IFF….Safe travels

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2164 on: May 16, 2023, 03:19 AM »
Will see everyone in a few days. Scout should be OK. She is on meds and is staying with Lindsay for a couple days, she is already improving. (pansteatitis) Not sure on the spelling.
Be well and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2165 on: May 16, 2023, 07:37 AM »
Morning all,

H2L…..happy anniversary!! Glad to hear Scout’s doing better. Best wishes to MrsH2

Eddie….hope you’ve been hitting the streams and catching a few😉

IW….hopefully your shoulder isn’t hurting too bad, doctor on Thursday?

WS…..easy does it with the saws sir  :)

Another day of wind 😖 think trimming some shrubs is on tap today

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2166 on: May 16, 2023, 10:06 AM »
H2L
The biggest problem with the Leafs is the damn media and most of the fans in Toronto.
When ever they don't win the cup the fans are always saying get rid of this guy or that guy the GM, the coach or burn the MoFo down and start over. The media is always slagging them or printing stupid rumors. We may be losing our coach due to the stress it puts on his family. Hopefully not Dubas is amazing even if the media and fans say otherwise.

On a more serious note, we have a slight issue in Hay River on the South side of Great Slave.

https://cabinradio.ca/129402/news/environment/wildfires/anxious-wait-for-news-as-satellite-views-of-hay-river-kfn-fire-emerge/?fbclid=IwAR08jHCGU9_HWej4PIjsZkZDHRsLuwgwIlikrZ0Cvu7IjDqunY15YcZNMq8

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2167 on: May 16, 2023, 12:20 PM »
Wow, that’s insane  :o :o it’s no wonder we’re getting hazy skies here in NYS from all the wildfires in Canada

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2168 on: May 16, 2023, 02:48 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

80 degrees with a "Dave" haze in the air.

I just got back from day 3.5 at the s-i-l's working on her oake. I was able to drop the last big tree she has, although it was a little tight. The tree was too tall to drop straight away so I put it between her prized apple trees ??? She said go ahead and drop it, just don't hit them :nono: Nothing like a little pressure  :thumbsup: I was hoping to get the brush all chipped and the wood cut up but my back is still causing me lots problems.

She added 4 smaller trees, so most likely I will be working there for another 4 days or so. Tomorrow I will try to get today's wood split and hauled.

Hope you all have/had a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2169 on: May 16, 2023, 05:02 PM »
Wow Marv that looks like a lot of work, glad I am not in your shoes, although the wood would be nice to have. Sucks about your back. The guy that we bought our semi loads of firewood from had a strike this winter and no longer does it and sounds like his son is not taking over so the hunt for another person the deliver the wood starts, just sucks because he delivered good loads of wood for a good price.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2170 on: May 17, 2023, 05:06 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 31* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Marv...........I hope your back is doing better.   :unsure: Good job knocking down the oak and saving the Apple trees. :thumbsup:
                          H2l.............Happy belated Anniversary. :clap: Safe travels to the city and give my best wishes to Mrs. H2l. :flex:
                          Fish............Good luck in finding another wood supplier. :whistle:
                          Wally..........How did the pruning go yesterday? ???
                          Dave..........That's some fire that going on up there. :o
                          Yesterday I went over to a guy I met with my neighbor and he has a lot of old dry wood that is in his way. He supplies campgrounds with camp
               wood. This pile was a mixture of everything but too small to do anything with. I took my trailer and loaded it and my pick up. It will be goo for the
               summer heating my hot water.
                          Not much going on today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2171 on: May 17, 2023, 05:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Looks like some cooler weather conditions here for the next two days. Cloudy and 41*, high of 51 today.

H2..Happy belated Anniversary, sending best wishes/ thoughts and prayers for your wife…hope everything is going well for her.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…thanks for sharing the pictures and update, awesome job on dropping the oaks and not taking out the apple trees!  :clap: :bow:  Hope your back is holding up ok…man, that’s a lot of work! Have a good day with today’s mission!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…wow, hope the weather is continuing to cooperate with that fire and things are getting under control now!  :o
  Wally…haven’t been out on the streams for a few days, but my sons have been sending me messages…they’ve been doing some Catch and Realese fishing before work and getting a few, lol.  :thumbsup:   The wind has been nonstop, still waiting for a calm day to burn off my brush pile without fear of making the news like Dave shared.
  Bud…hope you had safe travels back to the Farm, and a safe ride back to Wisconsin!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff.. hope your shoulder is feeling a little better today, best wishes to you with tomorrow’s appointment!  :thumbsup:
 Nice score on the extra wood!

Had some computer issues yesterday and Monday…yes, grandchildren were the apparent culprits! Dead battery and my jumper cables wouldn’t work… ;D
  It’s supposed to drop down to 32* or less here tonight…glad I don’t have too much in the garden yet to worry about, just a few things to cover that sprouted from seeds. Everything else is hardened off and ready to go, maybe this weekend if the weather cooperates.
  Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2172 on: May 17, 2023, 08:29 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....free is good, go easy on the shoulder sir  ;D

Eddie.....fingers crossed after tonight's freeze we'll be safe to start planting, but I think I'll give it another week to be sure  ;)2

WS.....nice job on dropping the tree and saving the apples  :flex: :thumbsup: hope the back is feeling a little better  :)

IFF.....hope all is good at the farm, safe travels on the return trip north  ;)

Got the shrubs trimmed, now for the mulch. Might need long johns out there today  :wacko:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2173 on: May 17, 2023, 03:14 PM »
Found a lake on my boat cover

And a hay field in my yard

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2174 on: May 18, 2023, 04:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 27* and clear here on my hill. No frost. ::)
                         Eddie..........I hope your garden survives the colder temperature. :unsure: Your sons sure seem to be on a fishing mission. :flex:
                         Bud............That's what happens when you leave for an extended period. :whistle:
                         Wally..........I hope the mulching went well. :clap: How are the prices on that? ???
                         H2l............ I hope all is well with you and your wife down state. :thumbsup:
                         I didn't do much yesterday, I'm trying to rest my shoulder.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2175 on: May 18, 2023, 05:01 AM »
Morning all,

26* and frost covered ground  ::)

Just a quick hello, heading local for the first walleye hunt of the season  @)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2176 on: May 18, 2023, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 29* on the Hill with frost this am, calling for a high of 61 today.

Jeff…best wishes with today’s appointment if that’s on the planner, hope there’s no major damage to your shoulder.  :thumbsup:  I covered up the few plants that were in the beds yesterday afternoon, believe they’ll be ok..we’ll see in a couple of hours!  ;D
  Bud…things grow quick down SOUTH!!  ;D  Hope you were able to catch up on the chores yesterday.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope the mulching went well yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Best of luck to Team WW getting on the walleyes!!  :flex:
  Marv..good luck with today’s tree work, have a safe day with the saws and chipper!   :thumbsup:
  H2…will be looking forward to your report, hope all went well for your wife!  :thumbsup:

Wally mentioned long johns yesterday, wish I wore them to them my granddaughter’s softball game yesterday afternoon, lol. Temperatures dropped to 48*by the time it ended, winds were steady 15-20 the whole day…fealt like Fall again!  :cookoo:  On a good note, it was their last home game and they won 16-9!  :clap:
  Few errands to run this morning and a Little League this evening…maybe the long johns will get tossed in the car just in case.  ;D    Cawfee’s on…

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2177 on: May 18, 2023, 05:42 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

56 degrees we may see 70 by the afternoon. Tomorrow, cooler and windy.

IW...Glad you are taking it easy on the shoulder.There has to be some light puttering to do ???

WW...Best of luck to Team WW today :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Eddie...What length computer "Jumpers" do you use :roflmao: Hope the cold night didn't cause you any problems.

h2l...Best wishes all is going well :thumbsup:

Today will be a day of rest. I have been pushing it with the trees/firewood trying to work through my bad back but it all came to a head yesterday. I am at a good stopping point with the job, so will take it easy for a couple days.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

Good morning Eddie!

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2178 on: May 18, 2023, 11:25 AM »
  ;D

Video from this past weekends mothers day derby on Great Bear Lake.

https://fb.watch/kC2xIBlGp5/

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2179 on: May 18, 2023, 04:58 PM »
Not a slam fest but for a first outing it’s not too shabby

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2180 on: May 18, 2023, 08:11 PM »
Just got home from NYC and the Doctor called, all went well, no major issues. What a 3 days it has been!
Scout seems to be somewhat better, Lindsay dropped her off this evening. I don't think Scout liked being out of her "own" home.
Thanks for all the well wishes, I know they helped.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2181 on: May 19, 2023, 04:22 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 35* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           H2l..........I'm glad all went well with your wife's procedure. :thumbsup: I bet you were glad to be back in your own bed. :whistle:
                           Marv........Take care of your back, maybe a trip to the bone cracker is in the works. :unsure:
                           Eddie.......That cool wind sure went through me the other day. :blink:
                           Wally.......Not too shabby for the first walleye chase. :flex:
                           It's not confirmed because I could get an MRI yesterday, but the doctor is pretty sure i have a fully torn Rotator Cuff and will need surgery.
                I'm waiting for a call from the radiology dept. to schedule an MRI. I asked the doctor if I deicide to wait till the end of July, would I damage my shoulder
                further. His answer was "no" but he did say as long as you can cope with the pain. I have to think about it.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2182 on: May 19, 2023, 05:10 AM »
41* and clear.

IW, slept pretty good, woke up early.

First off, thanks again for the well wishes. I did read thru all the post.

WW, nice fish.

Drifter, I don't understand the Leaf haters but being a New York Yankee fan I feel your pain. I made it last night until the 3rd OT, that was it.

Tuesday for the wife was a long day, most of the test they did were test not done in 3 years. They wanted to see what if any improvements she has gotten. Most were as good and her 6 minute walk was even better.

Weds, was prep day for Thursdays surgery. About 3/4 of the way thru prep at 5:30pm the Doctor call, he had a couple concerns so pushed it from 9:30 to 3:30 on Thursday. Thursday morning one of his staff called and wanted some "records" from test she had done 2 months ago up here, after that we heard nothing until we got to the hospital .  They took her right in and started getting her ready for surgery, yet no one could tell us if it was still a "go". Finally the Doctor came in, he is GREAT.  One of the first thing he did was tell us that the wife has one of the "very best" team of staff on her Lung Transplant team. WE already knew that! They were able to get him everything he needed for the go ahead and they did all yesterday morning. Last night when he called he spent 20 minutes going over everything and answering my questions.

Scout, still isn't herself but does seem to be doing better, I will check with the vet later today.

Talked to my brother last night and his wife fell and is in the hospital, she will be moved to "therapy" today.

They say everything comes in "threes".

Today is pretty much a "chill" day...be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2183 on: May 19, 2023, 05:52 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Some fog and 42* to start the day off,  high of 70 today.

H2…wonderful news on your wife, so glad to read that!! Best wishes/thoughts and prayers continued for her with the recovery period.  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  Thank you for the update.
  Jeff…ughh, sorry to read that and the difficult decision you’ll have to possibly make after the MRI results. Hopefully they can get you scheduled soon for the MRI, my best wishes are with you!  Take er easy for now Mister!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…congratulations on the first walleye outing, great start for Team WW!!  :clap:
  Marv…glad you’re taking a few days off the tree project to get recharged! :clap: Man, I was getting sore just looking at the pictures and thinking about it!  :roflmao: 
  Steve..hope the gremlins are out of your computer soon!   :thumbsup:

I jumped the gun a little bit yesterday and started planting my garden. Got about half of what I had ready in, going to finish that up today. The extended forecast didn’t look too bad, some showers tomorrow afternoon but at least no frost to worry about for the next 10 days, lol.
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2184 on: May 19, 2023, 09:22 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....sorry to hear the news, at least now you know what you're facing  :-\   best wishes as you proceed   ;)  mulching went well, price hasn't really changed in a couple years  :)

Eddie.....the frost sure did a number on my wisteria, magnolia tree and apple trees  :%$#!:  all the buds/new growth got hit  ::)

H2L.....glad to hear the NYC trip went well for MrsH2, hope her recovery is quick and complete  :thumbsup:  hope Scout continues to improve now that everyone's back home  ;)2

WS.....good to hear you're taking a couple days to rest the back  :clap:

The fishing wasn't fast and furious by any means but it wasn't bad for the first trip  :)  it was a chilly start, the sun warmed things up pretty quickly tho  @)  problem was once the sun came out and the breeze died down the bite shut off  :blink:  water temp on yesterday was around 60*

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2185 on: May 20, 2023, 05:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  48* under cloudy skies this am, high of 62 forecasted with chance of showers this afternoon.

Wally…sorry to read about the frost damage on your trees!  :%$#!:  I have been wondering how the orchard’s fared with that frost..could be another one of those bad years for fruit again. Thank you for the fishing info, have a safe ride today if you’re heading out for an ice cream run!  :thumbsup:
  H2…hope your SIL is doing better, best wishes to her!  :thumbsup: Any change with Scouts behavior?
  Jeff…gardening season is upon us, that could be a good light duty way of keeping you occupied for awhile!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope the time off from the tree project is helping your back issue!  :thumbsup:  Have you been to the range lately?

Got most of the garden completed yesterday, just a few things to left to wrap up today. Two of my sons are out on the trout stream this morning with my grandson trying to get him on a few…waiting for updates.  ;D  Cawfee’s on!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2186 on: May 20, 2023, 06:34 AM »
50* and some clouds.

Spoke to the wife 2 times yesterday, she called me about 8am and was still pretty much out of it. Last night she called and is very sore and "waiting" for some REAL food.

I had some concerns about Scout so took her into the vets. She sleeps all the time but yesterday was the last day of the meds they had given me so she should get more active today. They also gave me some stomach meds just in case it acts up over the weekend, if we don't use it I can take them back. I think she misses the wife.

I was beat yesterday, all I had to do was sit down and it seems like I would doze off. Going to take a ride up to my brothers this morning and try to catch him at home to get an update.

Be well and be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2187 on: May 20, 2023, 08:34 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....thoughts and prayers for your s-i-l, hope she's doing ok  :-\  being hungry is always a good sign  ;D   hope Scout has a problem free weekend

Eddie....good luck to your sons and grandson on some catching today  :flex: I'm going to wait until next weekend to put the garden in, only planting a couple tomato plants, a couple different peppers, cukes and carrots  ;)

IW.....do you have your arm in a sling  ???

IFF.....are you all caught up at the farm now  ??? 

My brother's coming over later for dinner, strawberry rhubarb pie's almost ready to come out of the oven  ;)2

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2188 on: May 20, 2023, 10:01 PM »
Evening WW,  well did empty the lake that was on the boat cover and adjusted it hopefully it will run off with next rain. Now I’m back in Wisconsin to buy a heavy duty car hauler trailer, I spotted for sale, that will come in handy to haul bulky things that
Will have to go once the house is put on market to sell

The son-in-law was released from hospital this afternoon, but has a long way to recovery, if at all. His swollen leg is just plan gross 🤢 to look at.

Still haven’t decided if I will haul things all at once or split into two loads to Tennessee.

Bummer on the frost, only thing I’ve planted so far is some garlic.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for all

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2189 on: May 21, 2023, 05:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and breezy 45*, might touch 70 today.

Bud…glad your S-I-L was released, best wishes to him with the recovery.  :clap:   Nice looking car hauler, hope it serves you well with the moving!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…that’s a fine looking pie, I’m sure it was a well received by the fella’s…yum!!  :clap:  Word from the stream was it was a pretty slow start yesterday morning, but they did get my grandson one anyway.  :thumbsup:
  H2…glad you were able to speak with your wife a few times, hope she’s feeling a little better today and back on solid foods again. Best wishes continued for her recovery and hope Scout is bouncing back to her old self again.  :thumbsup:

We had some off and on showers move through yesterday afternoon/evening, nothing to heavy and the garden appears to have fared its first voyage pretty well, lol.
  Believe some of the family will be swinging by this afternoon, might finally get that brush pile burned down if the wind lets up. Cawfee’s on…

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.