New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Best way to store my shanty.  (Read 3913 times)

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
Re: Best way to store my shanty.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:01 PM »
i work in a auto repair shop...mice get anywhere they want. They can cost people a fortune in repairs...
also wasnt very smart for auto manufactures to use a SOY coating on the wires! Mice love the taste and smell of soy  :nono: :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #31 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:36 PM »
i work in a auto repair shop...mice get anywhere they want. They can cost people a fortune in repairs...
also wasnt very smart for auto manufactures to use a SOY coating on the wires! Mice love the taste and smell of soy  :nono: :roflmao:

Wait 'til they make an entire electric car out of SOY.   *ZZZZTPOW*    :pinch:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline claymore6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 15, 2021, 03:11 PM »
I have used a kayak hoist for 6 years. No mice so far.

Offline Glug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Mar 16, 2021, 09:06 AM »
I built a big plywood box for mine that fits my two man flip and my popup shanty and keep it in my barn. I put a damp rid container in it to keep moisture down. Seemed to work last year and I have insane vermin pressure

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 16, 2021, 10:03 AM »
Does no one have storage inside their home?  I put my shanty in my basement which is mice free from what I can tell.  I'm going on 6 years with my shanty and have yet to have any mice issues when storing it inside my dwelling.  On the other hand there are signs of mice in my garage and the mice love to get in my golf bag and eat my sunflower seeds.  The basement on the other hand I see no signs.
westernmas on the finder

Offline Radneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 16, 2021, 12:14 PM »
My grizzly is in my mouse free basement, fully open.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:03 PM »
Goes in the basement every spring  ;)2

Offline Glug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 17, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Haha, My house is on a slab. No garage, but I have barns. Wife would not approve of the shanty in the living room all summer! Honestly, Spearmint oil is probably the only thing that Ive found that slows vermin. They have gnawed irish spring soap, made a nest out dryer sheets, you name it, they will eat it or chew it. Tenacious critters.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 17, 2021, 11:08 PM »
I fortunately have a barn and the upstairs is not used anymore so I put my flip-overs up there fully set-up.   With a fully set-up hut, mice have no folded canvas to get into and make a nest.  So if you have a place where you can store your hut fully set-up that will work.

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 18, 2021, 07:14 AM »
I like Trappers idea, just go buy new every year.  I use a product called Mouse Magic.  Good hardware stores have it and also garden centers.  Haven't had any problems with mice in a long time. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Mar 18, 2021, 10:24 AM »
in reality i'm  taking the  canvis off mine storing that in the storage box that comes with the recon and hanging the  tub in the shed.....i ama firm believer in rat poison and moth balls  plus i love the neighbors cat.....plus i hadaweasel inthe shed over winter and got to see him carry a mouse ......i found humor in this  ;D

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Mar 20, 2021, 07:34 AM »
in reality i'm  taking the  canvis off mine storing that in the storage box that comes with the recon and hanging the  tub in the shed.....i ama firm believer in rat poison and moth balls  plus i love the neighbors cat.....plus i hadaweasel inthe shed over winter and got to see him carry a mouse ......i found humor in this  ;D
  Trapper, that is the best mouse trap in the world.  Have had living close to my shed, his name is George and he does a real good job of keeping the mouse population in check.  He moved in after the wife started feeding the birds and hope he stays around longer.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.