New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Thompson’s Lake (Berne) question  (Read 1399 times)

Offline drsfmd

• IceShanty Rookie
Thompson’s Lake (Berne) question
« on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:43 PM »
Hi guys, registered a long time ago, but I think this is my first post.

I haven’t ice fished Thompson’s Lake before, but it’s not far from me, so I figure I’d give it a try.

Are there any restrictions on 4 wheelers or gas augers there? I couldn’t find anything indicating there’s a restriction. I can manage without the wheeler, but I’m too old to drill holes by hand.

Thanks in advance.

Offline pikeman3033

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Thompson’s Lake (Berne) question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:53 PM »
There are no restrictions at Thompson’s regarding machines or gas augers. Bring your wheeler and auger and have at it. The fishing can be pretty slow there but I’ve had some good days too. Good luck.

Offline drsfmd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:58 PM »
Thank you! Need to decide if I want to try my hand there or at Warner’s Lake.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2021, 05:43 AM »
Thompson's has the state launch and the park for access on the ice. The launch would be a little easier for the quad but I've seen them go from the park. As for Warner's you can park at Maple on the Lake and use their access for free. Never had much luck there but some weed beds have nice pan fish I'm told. Good Luck...........
      Kim
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline tigertales79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2021, 05:10 PM »
@drfsm - did you end up going out on Thompsons? I am new to ice fishing this year and unfortunatly only got into it about a month ago but I have some anxious young teens that are hoping to pull something through the ice.  Thompsons is a good 40-minute drive for us so I was looking to see how the ice was and fishing alike.
Becky

Offline drsfmd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2021, 09:38 PM »
@tigertales79

I did! We went out on 2/15. Found the ledge pretty quickly, and fished it hard with my son and a buddy. We got skunked, but made a great meal of bacon, eggs, and potatoes... nothing better than a hot lunch on the ice!

We spent about 8 hours out there, and only had one tip up go off.

Offline imoutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2021, 11:12 AM »
Just went by my Thompsons today and there was 4 people out  from the boat launch. I hope they do well.  Not many days left.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2021, 06:47 PM »
They probably used planks to the side of the launch. Private property but never have been bothered the few times there. To me not worth the effort as a quick and final dump would be curtains.....
      Kim :-\
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.