The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 174176 times)

Offline SIMESMASH

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #720 on: Aug 30, 2016, 07:58 PM »
Hey dudes and dudettes! I have been with the site since last winter and apparently missed this thread. I am Eric, hail from Waseca,MN. And do most of my fishing in the area. Always looking to branch out though! I enjoy fishing crappies, bluegills, sunfish and perch. But honestly anything keeps me eager to stay on the ice. I have been a hard water fisherman for as long as I can remember. Stopped when I moved to North Dakota and got back into the sport 2 years ago. And its great to be back. I look forward to meeting some of you guys and gals and maybe hit the ice in a few month!

Offline Icetothebone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #721 on: Aug 31, 2016, 09:45 PM »
Hi Guys, JP here from Woodbury.  Started using site last year getting tips on all things ice fishing.  Made a Smitty sled based off the articles I read, turned out great!  Hated ice fishing when I was young, now Ive got the bug!  I appreciate everybody's posts, sharing there opinions and knowledge!!  Looking forward to bow season because I know ice won't be far behind!!  Thanks!

Offline kuenro02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #722 on: Sep 20, 2016, 10:08 PM »
Bobby here, just moving to Northfield. Grew up in Iowa so excited to fish all new water. Will be on the ice as much as possible but have a 6 month old that the wife may think otherwise.

Offline SIMESMASH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #723 on: Sep 26, 2016, 08:19 PM »
Bobby here, just moving to Northfield. Grew up in Iowa so excited to fish all new water. Will be on the ice as much as possible but have a 6 month old that the wife may think otherwise.

I hear you with a new addition! 4 months old this week!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #724 on: Sep 27, 2016, 06:08 PM »
Hey guys Ben here, I'm brand new to this site. I started ice fishing in college about 3 years ago, so I've spent the last 3 years mainly fishing in north western MN.  Now I am back in the southern TC's where I grew up. Haven't spent much time down here fishing but look forward to trying out new lakes!

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #725 on: Oct 13, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Hey everybody, I've been ice fishing for about 5 years now, mostly in the northeast metro. Looking to get over into WI this year as well as more trips up to Mille Lacs and Leech.  Fish out of a Clam Nanook thermal or hole hop.    Been lurking on the site for awhile but haven't posted.  Hope it's a good Winter for us all this year.

Offline banders731

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #726 on: Oct 14, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Hey all, Brian here from Eden Prairie.  Been ice fishing since I was about 3-4 years old.  Most of my early ice fishing trips would be on Mille Lacs, my dad had a permanent house on the west side for about 20 years.  So every year I obviously head that way (I do kinda know the area a tad  ;) )  Now I'm beginning to venture to other areas, especially the metro area, I fish Minnetonka pretty often and have made some other fun trips which I hope to continue (Upper Red and Devils for the first time last year)  I love fishing for anything really, but if I had to I'd go with perch and walleyes.  Glad I found this site, I have so many projects I wanna do and there is so much info here its great.

Also if anyone has any questions about fishing the west side of Mille Lacs around Garrison, St. Albans, Wigwam area just let me know ;)

Brian

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #727 on: Oct 31, 2016, 11:53 AM »
Seth from Nisswa. I fish any lake I can find in the area. Have been on the hard water all of my life.

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #728 on: Oct 31, 2016, 01:15 PM »
Welcome Seth. Got any secrets for the Ice Extravaganza???  :roflmao:

Offline Icetothebone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #729 on: Nov 11, 2016, 05:09 AM »
Can't believe it's been a year since I replied to this thread last. You guys know how unseasonably warm it's been.  Here's hoping for a little drop in temps to get the migration moving and some ice on the water shortly after that!!

Offline ratjar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #730 on: Nov 15, 2016, 04:47 PM »
David from Minneapolis. Been fishing hard water for 3 years, primarily twin cities area but I try to get out on URL once a winter.

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #731 on: Nov 15, 2016, 11:18 PM »
David from Minneapolis. Been fishing hard water for 3 years, primarily twin cities area but I try to get out on URL once a winter.

Hey Rat, welcome.  I've been ice fishing for about 5 years now and joined this site a few months ago.  Lots of good stuff.  Best thread is definitely the Ice Fishing Deals.....takes a toll on the wallet though......

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #732 on: Nov 16, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Hello all,
My name is Joe and i'm a long time fisherman now in southern Minnesota. Having just moved back from out of state I'm looking to make up for lost time. I fish all waters and species so hope to see some of you out and about.  Good Luck and tight lines. :tipup: :icefish:
Fish all you can.

Offline Ethan C

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We need some ice!!!
« Reply #733 on: Nov 16, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Ethan here, I'm a student at Bemidji State. I'm originally from Illinois. I like to fish lakes Bemidji. Leech and Upper Red.

Thanks
Where's the ice bro?

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #734 on: Nov 16, 2016, 05:28 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Joe and i'm a long time fisherman now in southern Minnesota. Having just moved back from out of state I'm looking to make up for lost time. I fish all waters and species so hope to see some of you out and about.  Good Luck and tight lines. :tipup: :icefish:

What area of southern MN Joe?  I've been looking at getting down there and seeing what the lakes have to offer.

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #735 on: Nov 21, 2016, 01:33 PM »
What area of southern MN Joe?  I've been looking at getting down there and seeing what the lakes have to offer.
Currently fishing the area Fairmont/Albert Lea/Fairbault. But am able to log hours in the metro along with northwoods.

Thanks Doc
Fish all you can.

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #736 on: Nov 22, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Hello all,

Cedar lake in new Prague. The faribault lakes area just aren't that good anymore. You'll catch your limit of crappies and perch. I've never been empty handed
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline Holes-R-Us

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #737 on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Hello, I am Dan. I fish mostly in the Metro and on Mille Lacs (when legal). I make up it to LOTW at least a couple times a year and fish the North Shore of Lake Superior when there is ice. Also, try to get to the Dakotas for Perch once a year. I have been successful in takin one Bucket-List trip a year. Ice-fished in Colorado for trout two years ago and Lake Winnipeg last year. Tentatively planning to get out to the Black Hills this year.
HAPINESS IS A DIRTY TRUCK AND SLUSHY SLED.

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #738 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:03 AM »
Hello my name is brent, I live in the brainerd lakes area and I love it here. Havent ice fished the area yet as we just moved beginning of this year so this will be my first year on thebice up here. I have ice fished since I was little and I love fishing in general. Looking for some people in the brainerd area to fish with, I have a 7x12 fish house so lets go get some fish, if we get ice lol.

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #739 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:00 PM »
Hello my name is brent, I live in the brainerd lakes area and I love it here. Havent ice fished the area yet as we just moved beginning of this year so this will be my first year on thebice up here. I have ice fished since I was little and I love fishing in general. Looking for some people in the brainerd area to fish with, I have a 7x12 fish house so lets go get some fish, if we get ice lol.
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #740 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:03 PM »
Welcome Seth. Got any secrets for the Ice Extravaganza???  :roflmao:

The only secret I know is that every other lake free of people for me to fish during the Extravaganza.

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #741 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:06 PM »

If the ice ever comes I am always willing to go out and am in the same area. I have a 8x16 to use also.

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish, therefore I eat
« Reply #742 on: Dec 01, 2016, 10:40 PM »
I'm from Nisswa and fish smaller, less populated lakes. I use my 20 foot skidder and muliple portables. Frankly just getting out there to kick back and relax is all I need. Catching a fish is secondary
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.

Offline 2cylinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #743 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:22 AM »
Hi my name is Kyle, I live in southern Minnesota and fish the Faribault lakes all the time along with red lake and LOW. I wouldn't consider myself a ice fishing god but I've done it for awhile and I can find the fish.

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #744 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:44 AM »
Hi my name is Kyle, I live in southern Minnesota and fish the Faribault lakes all the time along with red lake and LOW. I wouldn't consider myself a ice fishing god but I've done it for awhile and I can find the fish.
[/quote

Welcome aboard Kyle, I also fish that area during the week then gods country on weekends. maybe join forces some evening. PM  once we freeze up :tipup:]
Fish all you can.

Offline fishfly66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #745 on: Dec 06, 2016, 05:29 PM »
Hi.
I am Mike from the Duluth area.
I fish as many lakes as possible from the Duluth area, Boundary Waters, Gunflint Trail to
Red Lake and LOW and many others throughout the state.  I have been ice fishing for about 40 years.
Looking forward to meeting others and learning new techniques

Offline TheRock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #746 on: Dec 09, 2016, 10:27 AM »
Good day to all. This is Rock from just NW of the metro area. I used to be registered here under another username a few years ago, but have been away for awhile. I fish some of the Wright county lakes, the Horseshoe chain, and Minnewaska once in a while. Will venture to to other spots as necessary.
Some days your the hydrant, some days your the dog....

Offline joewright

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #747 on: Dec 09, 2016, 09:55 PM »
just getting back into ice fishing after about 4 years so very rusty but im sure once I get out it will all come back to me. I live in Owatonna and fish most the fairbault Waterville and Waseca lakes. If you are looking for someone to shoot the crap with while fishing hit me up none of my friends ice fish.

Offline k_koisti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #748 on: Dec 14, 2016, 11:24 AM »
This is Kyle. I fish Mille Lacs and the North Metro. Thinking this is a good place for ice reports and to see what lures are producing.

Offline traxler19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #749 on: Dec 16, 2016, 12:30 PM »
Just moved from the Duluth Area to the So. Metro area.  Great to see so many enthusiasts in the area. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.