The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 174151 times)

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #360 on: Oct 25, 2011, 10:05 AM »
hey tainter- when you gunna trade in the goat boy for the snotcicle eh? lol

and welcome to the site chillnout,!

Offline chillnout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #361 on: Oct 26, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Thanks Spaded, I just gotta figure out how the site works....i'm surprised I got this far with my computer skills......"strong like bull, smart like tractor"..  :unsure:

Offline akwawe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #362 on: Nov 07, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Howdy, I hail from Milaca, MN.  Have been ice fishing for quit awhile and am going to try spearing for the first time this year.  I generaly stay within a 30 mile radius of town.  I enjoy making my own tackle and just signed up for a rod building class.

Offline Mesaba

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #363 on: Nov 11, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Ima newbie.

Offline Beefer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #364 on: Nov 11, 2011, 11:50 PM »
Hey guys, Brady from St. Paul.  Been fishing for a couple of years, really got into it last year.  Usually fish north metro. 

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #365 on: Nov 13, 2011, 09:58 AM »
haha chilln- at my work we have a saying- weak mind, STRONG back ! if you have any questions just ask, and remember there is alot more info outside the general chit chat, cruise around a bit and check out the jig making section!

akwawe- where is milica at??? im here in rochester, not much for good fishing lakes real close  around me but we have a couple bait shops , a fleet farm and gander mnt ..lots of places to find gear,now gotta find a GOOD lake to use them on thats close

short and sweet mesaba!

beefer, you heard of crystal lake??? i helped get a semi of crap outta the Microsoft building and it sits right next to buck hill and a little lake that looks pristine, me and my buddy were drooling over the view from the top floor over looking the lake and we decided that crystal lake HAS to have some nice fish in it... you ever heard of it?

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #366 on: Nov 13, 2011, 11:18 AM »
I fished Crystal Lake last winter. One fish after another. But they were all tiny bluegills.

Offline Beefer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #367 on: Nov 13, 2011, 11:38 AM »
I have not, might have to give it a taste this winter

Offline TEAMGRIPPER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #368 on: Nov 14, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Hi all!!  I'm new to the site and I am already adicted.  I live in St Louis Park and mostly ice fish Minnetonka. 
“I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" - Sir Izaak Walton

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #369 on: Nov 14, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Welcome, TEAMGRIPPER!!! I'm in southern Minny, and normally fish up your way at White Bear, Centerville, and Peltier! Have a cuz in St. Paul, was planning on checking out Minnetonka this year.....you'll like it here!!! Good folks and lotsa good info!!!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline TEAMGRIPPER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #370 on: Nov 15, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Thanks Rebelss, let me know if your ever headed up this way.  I am by NO means an expert on any lake let alone this one but it is a lake I frequent.  You know we eat good at the shanty, I'll give ya a hot meal and point ya in the right direction.
“I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" - Sir Izaak Walton

Offline Hutchsafety

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #371 on: Nov 21, 2011, 12:20 AM »
I'm happy to be part of Iceshanty. I fish the Hutchinson & Cokato areas.  I hope to see some of you on the ice this year.  Jim

Offline Firetiger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #372 on: Nov 22, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Hello! I'm new to the site! From Worthington, MN in the very SW corner. Can't wait to get on the ice!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #373 on: Nov 24, 2011, 11:20 AM »
welcome to the greatest site on earth :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Purple Floyd

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
« Reply #374 on: Nov 25, 2011, 10:53 PM »
Checking in from South Central Mn.

Offline mittens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #375 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:13 PM »
hey im lauren... and i joined because im terrible at fishing

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #376 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:24 PM »
hey im lauren... and i joined because im terrible at fishing

that really is a shame...but at least you can admit it - thats the first step Lauren..

it looks like we live in the same town,id be happy to show you a thing or two but we dont have any ice yet!

Offline mittens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #377 on: Nov 27, 2011, 12:01 AM »
that really is a shame...but at least you can admit it - thats the first step Lauren..

it looks like we live in the same town,id be happy to show you a thing or two but we dont have any ice yet!

thanks for making that comment for me, you are afraid to admit that a girl always beats you fishing  :)

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #378 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:49 AM »
you have never beat me fishing!!!! we tied ONCE and thats it!  i would love to sit here and defend me honor by adding a pic of that tiny fish of yours- but i have to make your dad 500 gemini spoons to add to the 1000 he has already lol

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #379 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:05 PM »
welcome realdeal, make sure to check out all the sub forums again, there are awesome threads that are only available to signed in members. there is alot more on this site than just the general chit chat section,.

Offline minntrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #380 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:02 AM »
Just found this site yesterday, which made for an unproductive day at work.   ;)  Been ice fishing for many years, and took my son out for his first season on the ice last year.  He will be 5 January 1st, and already outfishes his old man!  Trapping is pretty much done for the season, so I have started getting the ice fishing stuff out of storage and ready to roll.  Picked up some good ideas on this site for my sled, and a good use for the old Mora hand auger that has been hanging in the shed since I bought my power auger some 15 years ago!  My son and I are headed to the icefishing show this weekend to check out the new Fatfish pop-up shacks.  We currently have a Denali IV but it is a bear to transport, and doesn't hold many more than just us.  My cousin and I have been icefishing together since before we were old enough to drive our selves to the lake, and he has 2 boys that come with also.  Thinking the new Fatfish 9416 might just be the ticket for us!!

An angler is a man who spends blustery days sitting around a hole in the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #381 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Welcome!!! Enjoy the show!!! It'll help a LOT to have your location in the "location" area... :whistle:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline minntrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #382 on: Dec 01, 2011, 10:00 AM »
I just added it.  We are Just south of the twincities in Hastings.  Mostly fish around town with the boys, but like to venture further out when they aren't with
An angler is a man who spends blustery days sitting around a hole in the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #383 on: Dec 01, 2011, 01:01 PM »
you should really enjoy the bait trappin area of the forum then... there are some really sweet bait tank set ups and some nice folks on here who will explain how they made theirs.. i think youll fit right in minntrapper!

see you at the ice show!

Offline minntrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #384 on: Dec 01, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I'll check it out.  Haven't made it thru all the sections of the forum yet.  I mostly trap raccoon and muskrat, but have a buddy who traps minnows for bait.  Would be fun to try some time

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #385 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Thanks, SPADED. I am a long time lurker/ reader here, and have viewed many of the forums already. There is not enough time in the day to read everything. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

go to the jigging section, and you will find that two child forums have just magically appeared now that youre a member... the jig making and rod building sections!

Offline duff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #386 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:24 PM »
 Hello
      Names Dominic , call me duff. I am from North West MN . Not many lakes up here in this neck of the woods but we have a few, Fish a lot of rivers and a pothole lakes. Cant forget LOW . The big lake way up north . Lookn foward to doing more posts.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #387 on: Dec 11, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Welcome!

Offline DB_Cooper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #388 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:30 PM »
Hi all I'm Mr. Cooper and I like to ice fish varies places and just thought I would check in here
ya gotta pay to play!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #389 on: Dec 19, 2011, 04:59 PM »
D. B. Cooper eh? I bet the feds would love to know where you are!!! ;D

Welcome to Iceshanty, we do not discuss airplanes here....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.